General Commercial and Marketing

I’ve worked out why I didn’t get tickets, it’s simply this: I represented my network of 5 and that was our undoing. With the volume of requests, I simply didn’t get a slot, despite being online for 10 minutes before the 4PM opening. Just too many requests.

I’ve never had a problem before, but this is an unusual situation where a massive game coincides with minimal availability.

I’m not sure embittered applies to me, but there’s no doubt that I feel incredibly disappointed to be missing out. Like some on here, I go to many away games and have done for decades, and I certainly would be someone who benefits from a points based tiering system should one be introduced. It’ll hurt to not be at a huge Oxford game for the first time since I’ve been going, but I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to be there without my son.

There’s no doubt that the ticketing system is still throwing up unnecessarily confusing steps (on occasion), though often it is very easy (I say that as a 40 year career IT professional). Should we progress, the club has got to sort this out ahead of a narrow window of time between the semis and the final.

To all those that are lucky enough to be going, enjoy the game and do your part to roar the team onto victory. If you feel yourself becoming quiet, remember those of us who would give a limb or two to be there in your place.
The person buying my ticket first bought his, then started again and bought mine.
I don't know what the interface is like for applying a second (or more) ticket(s) at the same time as the first one, but sound like it can't have been intuitive or he'd have bought two together next to each other.

The person buying my ticket first bought his, then started again and bought mine.
I don't know what the interface is like for applying a second (or more) ticket(s) at the same time as the first one, but sound like it can't have been intuitive or he'd have bought two together next to each other.
It's very simple.

Select the number of seats and check the on-screen switch choose if you want the seats to be together.

If he offers to buy you a lottery ticket, give me a call first - I'll have one as well!

Not sure it does - thought it did but just go/swipe back and you should be there again 🤞 You may have to ask it to keep you logged in when you first put in your details which I do. Just worked ok for me.

You can email the club with the fan numbers and they can do it for you. I did this last week for Peterborough tickets.

Otherwise, I think the people you want to add receive an email with a link they need to click on to accept/reject being added to your network. It's been a while since I've added someone to my network this way though so it may have changed.

The email I received, you didn't need to confirm. With the notification, you could contact them if you didn't agree though obviously.

Did it a while ago but through your account profile. Go into the Ticket site and then go into your ticket site profile (top right). At the bottom of that, go into 'View Account Menu' then 'Account Management'. Then select 'Network'. There is an 'Add Members' button there but you will need the fan number of anybody you want to add.
Thanks I did this and my network showed up for the first time in a long time
You can email the club with the fan numbers and they can do it for you. I did this last week for Peterborough tickets.

Otherwise, I think the people you want to add receive an email with a link they need to click on to accept/reject being added to your network. It's been a while since I've added someone to my network this way though so it may have changed.
That would've been my next port of call if my Network hadn't been reinstated

I’ve been buying tickets for a group of 5 for a number of home games this season, including the playoff semi home leg.
As far as I’m aware, none of these people will be on my network, as each time I just brought generic tickets.
Will I need to get this Network set up to buy Wembley tickets?
And will this mean I have to somehow link each one of my group with a name and Fan Number?

If anyone has any advice on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve been buying tickets for a group of 5 for a number of home games this season, including the playoff semi home leg.
As far as I’m aware, none of these people will be on my network, as each time I just brought generic tickets.
And will this mean I have to somehow link each one of my group with a name and Fan Number?

I doubt you will given the availability but it is always worth doing so just incase. You just need their Fan number to link them.

It is best to get them set up in case tickets are limited to st holders only.

IIRC season ticket holders were able to buy a bunch of tickets at the same time last time. Ie 4 per st holder so you may not need to.

I doubt you will given the availability but it is always worth doing so just incase. You just need their Fan number to link them.
To be honest, I’m not sure they would even have a fan number. Up until now, I have just been buying the tickets on their behalf through my account.
Maybe next season I should get them to set up their own accounts and purchase tickets to get them on the system.

I hope our marketing team contacts Westgate and asks if they could have a official merchandise stall where Paul used to be for the lead up to Wembley. If anyone knows a way to asking the marketing team about this idea please give it a go as I've had a couple of run ins on suggestions before with some of the clubs staffers lol and my patience level isn't where it should be after the 90 mins last night lol.

COYY'S

I hope our marketing team contacts Westgate and asks if they could have a official merchandise stall where Paul used to be for the lead up to Wembley. If anyone knows a way to asking the marketing team about this idea please give it a go as I've had a couple of run ins on suggestions before with some of the clubs staffers lol and my patience level isn't where it should be after the 90 mins last night lol.

COYY'S
If a stall in the west gate makes business sense then they will do it I would imagine.
A good marketing team will hard evidence of what works best.

Sure is a lot of tat, such as this...

1715330791858.png

"Collector Ticket" which doesn't act as a ticket on the day and is sent after the event? That'll be £8 thanks... The modern world eh! And I can't even go out and shout at some clouds are there bloody aren't any over Thame at the moment.

Wembley tat is LIVE:

Bit disappointing... same naff design on everything.. appreciate the club have so little time to turn this around.

Also, apart from the scarf, theres no YELLOW wearables. We have Bolton white stuff, but no Oxford yellow.
Very poor. Players need to come out and see a sea of YELLOW, not blue n white.

Last edited:
Sure is a lot of tat, such as this...

View attachment 19537

"Collector Ticket" which doesn't act as a ticket on the day and is sent after the event? That'll be £8 thanks... The modern world eh! And I can't even go out and shout at some clouds are there bloody aren't any over Thame at the moment.

I'm never quite sure how I feel about idiot tax.

Wembley tat is LIVE:

Bit disappointing... same naff design on everything.. appreciate the club have so little time to turn this around.

Also, apart from the scarf, theres no YELLOW wearables. We have Bolton white stuff, but no Oxford yellow.
Very poor. Players need to come out and see a sea of YELLOW, not blue n white.

Whoever thought a half & half scarf was a good idea should be made to apologise over the tannoy whilst stood on the pitch at Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom