Matt Everett - Marketing Director (sort of)

• Thread starter Deleted member 142
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 142

I've just read Matt's latest commercial update; it's also his last,

Matt is leaving his role at OUFC, although he will retain a consultancy position to help the club.

What a shame for OUFC - he's one of us and has done an excellent job. Continuity in this sort of role is hugely important and we've struggled with that for some time.

I really hope this is Matt's decision and not a sign of cost cutting, though he does write of an expansion of the team.

I've just read Matt's latest commercial update; it's also his last,

Matt is leaving his role at OUFC, although he will retain a consultancy position to help the club.

What a shame for OUFC - he's one of us and has done an excellent job. Continuity in this sort of role is hugely important and we've struggled with that for some time.

I really hope this is Matt's decision and not a sign of cost cutting, though he does write of an expansion of the team.
This worried me at first, it sounded much like the reduction in staff made under DE towards his exit however, reading the report is much less so.
The commercial team is to be enlarged with Matt engaged in a consultancy role whilst looking after another venture doing a similar job for other organisations.
If I have interpreted correctly, then this would mean more emphasis on the commercial marketing by an in house team, which can only be good?

This worried me at first, it sounded much like the reduction in staff made under DE towards his exit however, reading the report is much less so.
The commercial team is to be enlarged with Matt engaged in a consultancy role whilst looking after another venture doing a similar job for other organisations.
If I have interpreted correctly, then this would mean more emphasis on the commercial marketing by an in house team, which can only be good?
I hope so. Momentum will be difficult to maintain and the 'voice' of OUFC will probably change. It's why getting continuity in a role such as this is key. I also think a combination of genuine expertise and a supporter's passion is rare and should be much treasured.

Anyway, good luck to Matt and let's hope the transition to what comes next is smooth and good for OUFC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt is a great guy. He came into the club when I worked there many years ago in a sort of ticket office / marketing hybrid role, and then moved on to be very successful elsewhere. Very switched on and most importantly, a genuine OUFC fan who cares about the club. Whatever his role going forward he will do with love and to the best of his ability. Top man.

He seems to have done a good job and it is a shame he is moving on.
The best of luck to him and hopefully there will be a good replacement.

I used to stand on the terraces with Matt. Very passionate supporter and very logical individual with a career that has spanned Arsenal, Stoke City and then back to the mother shop.

I confess I didn’t really understand what his last email was really stating though in terms of how the new org structure would look In that area.

I used to stand on the terraces with Matt. Very passionate supporter and very logical individual with a career that has spanned Arsenal, Stoke City and then back to the mother shop.

I confess I didn’t really understand what his last email was really stating though in terms of how the new org structure would look In that area.
Sounds like Matt is working purely on the marketing side of things, and doing so as a consultant for a few different clubs. Meanwhile a new team will be taking on the other aspects of the commercial side of the club.

In case anyone hasnt seen Matt Everett's latest (& last) oufc commercial update .....

Back
Top Bottom