General Oxford United and Beer ( marketing)

Dear me, Maurice, perhaps they'll produce a tinned porter one day.

I'm not convinced that tinned beer is more like the real thing than tinned peaches, tho.
It doesn't have to be tinned, it can be bottled (y) I used to like golden ales but too many breweries started brewing them and ruined the recipe.

It doesn't have to be tinned, it can be bottled (y) I used to like golden ales but too many breweries started brewing them and ruined the recipe.
I think there are hundreds, if not thousands, of recipes for pale ales these days, and therefore many different tastes. Much better than the days of just a few large breweries producing rubbish.

Although I also like the darker beers too, especially this time of year. Drinking a nice German black bock this very minute.

I think there are hundreds, if not thousands, of recipes for pale ales these days, and therefore many different tastes. Much better than the days of just a few large breweries producing rubbish.

Turtlely agree. Just why drink them.out of cans.

Although I also like the darker beers too, especially this time of year. Drinking a nice German black bock this very minute.

I started up a beer club with like minded mates where we each take it in turns to find different ales. I find some of the mass produced ales too hoppy and more like drinking potpourri! But the enjoyment is finding those hidden gems. Recently had a nice chocolate stout by Toast Ale who use unwanted bread and distribute all profits to charities.

Lovely beer, enjoyed a few over the weekend.

Shame the gift pack isn't deliverable outside the shire as quite like the look of the glass. But it meant, I had to get a 12 pack instead so not complaining.

I'm not convinced that tinned beer is more like the real thing than tinned peaches, tho.
Actually canned beer is much better than bottled. Especially with a hoppy style like this one where it could oxidise in bottles (especially if they are clear or green)

Anyway glad the club are supporting a local business. Hopefully can pick some up soon

I picked up a couple of the gift packs from the brewery in Freeland yesterday, and also a few of their other offerings.

I wasn't there long, but while I was there three other people turned up to collect gift packs, and other cans. The tie up seems to be working well for the brewery.

I picked up a couple of the gift packs from the brewery in Freeland yesterday, and also a few of their other offerings.

I wasn't there long, but while I was there three other people turned up to collect gift packs, and other cans. The tie up seems to be working well for the brewery.
my sister was planning on calling in on the brewery on her way home to Kidlington from Witney yesterday afternoon

Actually canned beer is much better than bottled. Especially with a hoppy style like this one where it could oxidise in bottles (especially if they are clear or green)
I suspect it's my mind playing tricks, but I can *always* taste 'tin' when drinking canned beer. Bottled for me.

Sometimes.
Probably more down to the brew itself. Some lagers can taste a bit sharp/tinny. Can be a fermentation fault.

As I say with bottles they can be light stuck, which is why peroni bottles taste like grass and are usually skunked.

Sorry to be technical, I've been home-brewing for nearly 7 years now and love it!

Probably more down to the brew itself. Some lagers can taste a bit sharp/tinny. Can be a fermentation fault.

As I say with bottles they can be light stuck, which is why peroni bottles taste like grass and are usually skunked.

Sorry to be technical, I've been home-brewing for nearly 7 years now and love it!
Not a lager drinker personally. I used to brew my own years ago and then decided it was far too much faff - and even worse I never drank it fast enough ;)

It's better to drink beer that is kept badly, and bad beer, from tins. What a shock.

Back
Top Bottom