Clotet our for goodness sake

Wouldn't disagree, and could see some of these changes happening in the coming weeks - but not sure we were in a position yesterday. Ledson was presumably not well enough to start, so moving Ruffels would have left us exposed in the middle. We've chopped and changed so much at the back and we were at least looking settled (if not great). Wouldn't be surprised to see Dickie play before too long.
Thomas may not set the world alight, but he is better that anyone else and makes things happen. I've seen more movement on table football than we had yesterday, and even Hemmings would be better. The new kid tried, but looked knackered after an hour. And he at least looked like getting back so not the liability van Kessel is. But he drifted a lot so maybe playing on the right will be better as he didn't fancy the left touchline.

All that aside, I think we have enough to see us safe this season. Then we can reassess on who stays, Pep included.

I hope you are right but, I have many doubts so long as clothead is in situ. Would it be so wrong to let Faz and Allen run things?

I hope you are right but, I have many doubts so long as clothead is in situ. Would it be so wrong to let Faz and Allen run things?

Either Faz and Allen are being sidelined by Pep, or they are at least partially responsible for the situation we find ourselves in. I think there were enough concerns about them stepping up in the summer, and the last 6 months have maybe added to those concerns.
That said, if Pep does go then I'd rather keep it in house until the summer rather than looking at the likes of Phil Brown!

Either Faz and Allen are being sidelined by Pep, or they are at least partially responsible for the situation we find ourselves in. I think there were enough concerns about them stepping up in the summer, and the last 6 months have maybe added to those concerns.
That said, if Pep does go then I'd rather keep it in house until the summer rather than looking at the likes of Phil Brown!
Too bloody right. Can't stand the bloke. Obnoxious git whenever he was at Grenoble Road.

I think you may have missed the point of my post. I was referring to the Dave and Charles spat. I have more than enough time for both and have met Dave and enjoy talking to him. I have plenty of time for Charles but have yet to meet him socially. Both have valid points and both have displayed their support for OUFC. I just don't want the repetition of what we endured towards the end of the former forum.

There are many who post on here with many opinions and very, very few deserve direct condemnation. (And that is a job for the moderators)

Like I said I have no intention of getting into an argument with anyone, and on most on the pitch issues our views ain’t that different. Call me names or tell me what I should be thinking and it’s a different matter.?. Also I refuse to give up use of the mickey Adams line. It’s a dig, but a friendly one that is no different to what I’d use in person to one of my mates if they had used it, that’s just me, and I ain’t changing And I think even Charles can see the funny side of that.

I’m off Ill for a week an they wait for my first day back at work to break major news [emoji85]. Always get a bit excited over a new manager. So long as it’s not phil brown

I’m off Ill for a week an they wait for my first day back at work to break major news [emoji85]. Always get a bit excited over a new manager. So long as it’s not phil brown

Just the 70 posts a day from this week on instead of 100 then?

Dude I got to catch up somehow, sarge is on steroids or something the speed he’s typing [emoji6]

We all said it yesterday. Something had to happen. Eventually Chairmen must listen to the fans voice.

I had sympathy for Pep. I always took great pride in Oxford having (before Appleton left) one of the longest serving managers in the football league, and that the club had stuck by him when things initially weren't going well. I think he was dealt a reasonably bad hand in terms of injuries and inflated fan expectations and was willing to overlook the fact we hadn't been doing particularly well and give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer.

However, I suspect the 'shushing' towards the fans on Saturday will prove to have been the nail in the coffin. Extremely unprofessional, and very bad in terms of driving a wedge between the playing staff and the fans. He would have had a long way to go to rebuild bridges after that. As soon as you make it a kind of 'me against you' with the fans, it's pretty unacceptable.

I had sympathy for Pep. I always took great pride in Oxford having (before Appleton left) one of the longest serving managers in the football league, and that the club had stuck by him when things initially weren't going well. I think he was dealt a reasonably bad hand in terms of injuries and inflated fan expectations and was willing to overlook the fact we hadn't been doing particularly well and give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer.

However, I suspect the 'shushing' towards the fans on Saturday will prove to have been the nail in the coffin. Extremely unprofessional, and very bad in terms of driving a wedge between the playing staff and the fans. He would have had a long way to go to rebuild bridges after that. As soon as you make it a kind of 'me against you' with the fans, it's pretty unacceptable.
Tend to agree with much of this. Aside of the crazy six months or so after Wilder left, we've been fairly stable for many years whilst other clubs lost the plot. Pep was dealt a tough hand with many changes before and after he arrived and possibly recruiting on a shoe string. Losing Rib, Nelson, Hall and Ivo would have been hard on any manager, and we've struggled to put the same side out one game after another.

But Pep didn't help himself and the little that DE has said has shown that his cards were marked. Hopefully 2 weeks of sorting the club out, getting a few more in, keeping Ledson and Eastwood and finding some way of scrapping out the points we need as soon as possible. Then the rebuild begins and we can go into next season will something positive to look forward to!

Pretty much all that.

Im sure pep is a nice enough bloke when not under pressure but it just didn't work out.

Now let's get out there and get a solid replacement. COYY.

Thank god it’s happened sooner rather than later.

After the recent performances at home inc the odd win the play was dire, time for a change as it could not get any worse.

Back
Top Bottom