Clotet our for goodness sake

What puzzles me is that Pep's reputation as a good coach should have meant that some of the younger players in the squad should have improved on his watch. So far as I can see, at first team level at least, that really didn't seem to happen.

Well we all got our wish , lets hope the new manager can bring our club back together, because in my opinion the gap between the club and fans is getting bigger by the day, for us to be successful we all need to pull in the same direction.COYYS

What puzzles me is that Pep's reputation as a good coach should have meant that some of the younger players in the squad should have improved on his watch. So far as I can see, at first team level at least, that really didn't seem to happen.
Cannice Caroll, Ruffels, Napa?

I thought Tiendalli played well on Saturday. But then again, what do I know? You clearly know best.
Why necessary to mak a snarky comment? I just said whenever I saw him, he was dreadful. I wasn’t there on a Saturday, but still doesn’t change what I said. And he still won’t get another pro contract when he is released by us.....

I thought Tiendalli played well on Saturday. But then again, what do I know? You clearly know best.
Why necessary to mak a snarky comment? I just said whenever I saw him, he was dreadful. I wasn’t there on a Saturday, but still doesn’t change what I said. And he still won’t get another pro contract when he is released by us.....

I was there and I didn’t think he played that well, didn’t play badly but that’s hardly a plus point . he didn’t give the ball away, but when all ur doing is knocking it back 5 yards for mous to deal with then hardly a good stat. The cross for the goal I will give him. But that’s about it.

I was there and I didn’t think he played that well, didn’t play badly but that’s hardly a plus point . he didn’t give the ball away, but when all ur doing is knocking it back 5 yards for mous to deal with then hardly a good stat. The cross for the goal I will give him. But that’s about it.

Said it once and I'll say it again, Tiendalli was brought in as a low-risk back-up for Ribeiro, who conked out once and for all in the middle of the season. Am convinced the hope was to have him as an experienced and relatively versatile back-up once he got to match fitness (which he wasn't in his first few games).

Also, he's not been helped by the players in front of him...none of whom seem too happy to track back.

That said, we clearly do need someone better (or a different style of wing back at any rate) as first choice playing week in, week out.

Ok you believe what you want too.
I do Mousinho was certainly not in MAPP’s plans and doubt if Williamson was either considering the club offered Raglan a contract, and at the time Mousinho came in a lot of fams were wondering if there were any more signings due then we get Williamson and Mowet, so you believe what you want and I and others will believe what we want!

I was there Sat, Improved yes, but still gave the ball away and would not challenge, at one point Ledson got in front of him to tackle the player and forced a throw in rather than the potential cross that was coming due to his hesitating.
I think ''Hope'' Faz & Chrissy can hold the thought very well for near future.

He also defended solidly

He wasn't amazing, but none of our players were, he was better than most on the day, and that's all you can ask for

Cannice Caroll, Ruffels, Napa?
Has Napa improved? We hadn't seen him until Pep came in, he and Canice are also lads just breaking into the first team at 18, if they're not improving you'd be seriously worried

And has Ruffels improved? He's scored more goals but other than that he is what he was last season, solid, steady and not really good enough to start for a League 1 team

He also defended solidly

He wasn't amazing, but none of our players were, he was better than most on the day, and that's all you can ask for

I don’t know about solidly, his dodgy back passes led to a goal again. Ur talking about a player with prem and international experience, whos main atrivute is he can pass backwards to mous 5 yards. Being slightly better than most in a s**t team losing to BURY is not all that I can ask for trust me.

I don’t know about solidly, his dodgy back passes led to a goal again. Ur talking about a player with prem and international experience, whos main atrivute is he can pass backwards to mous 5 yards. Being slightly better than most in a s**t team losing to BURY is not all that I can ask for trust me.
For all the abuse he gets it is, he's been no worse than Ruffels as an example over recent weeks but Tiendalli gets abuse from large sections of the crowd while Josh gets nothing

People have jumped on his back because of a couple of shocking performances when he was way short of fitness and just carried on with it now he's playing ok

His cock up for the goal wasn't good either, but he doesn't deserve the blame for a long throw in going right to the 6 yard box and all our players near it treating it like a grenade, that's not on him at all

Has Napa improved? We hadn't seen him until Pep came in, he and Canice are also lads just breaking into the first team at 18, if they're not improving you'd be seriously worried

And has Ruffels improved? He's scored more goals but other than that he is what he was last season, solid, steady and not really good enough to start for a League 1 team
Players improve by being played in the first team. I don't believe Atkins, Wilder and even Appleton would have given Canice and Napa the chances that Clotet has. Don't get me wrong, there are many things to whinge about Clotet but there was not enough time to judge his ability to develop youth but what I was impressed with was when he used Napa and how much faith he put in Canice.

For all the abuse he gets it is, he's been no worse than Ruffels as an example over recent weeks but Tiendalli gets abuse from large sections of the crowd while Josh gets nothing

People have jumped on his back because of a couple of shocking performances when he was way short of fitness and just carried on with it now he's playing ok

Possibly, I’ve previously said I thought he had improved. Sat I didn’t think he had a great game, and made him self look better because he played it safe and backwards every time. That’s half the trouble with the whole side no one wants to have a run, take a risk. Ruffels had one that led to a good shot from obika. That was about it for him. Difference is I’ve seen a lot better from ruffels. I think tiendalli is at his best. Which is average/poor

Players improve by being played in the first team. I don't believe Atkins, Wilder and even Appleton would have given Canice and Napa the chances that Clotet has. Don't get me wrong, there are many things to whinge about Clotet but there was not enough time to judge his ability to develop youth but what I was impressed with was when he used Napa and how much faith he put in Canice.

But the players he has brought in plus his tactics were all wrong im surprised it took this long for DE to realise that a change was needed.

Back
Top Bottom