Charlie & the Big Don

No one uses the words Charlie does when he goes off on one.

I see he is claiming he has always had a soft spot for Sunderland as he has always found Newcastle an arrogant club, pretty certain when we played Newcastle in the cup 15 months ago he kept that one quiet, he does talk some shite.
Well I find that very easy to believe and hear it quite a lot - the arrogant bit!

The funny thing, he'll be reading all this because he can't let it go and be desperate to get a word in. But he can't. Brilliant
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Had to laugh at that! Charlie states he finds Newcastle arrogant and has always preferred Sunderland to them, and you lot lap it up!

Have to give Chas credit. He's working his 'magic' without even trying. Expect him to start taking the P**s out of Kevin Keegan's 'I'd love it' outburst and reminiscing about the 'Roker roar'.

@Sinner - please encourage your fellow SAFC forumites to read a bit about Charlie on here.
Tried and ignored

No one uses the words Charlie does when he goes off on one.

I see he is claiming he has always had a soft spot for Sunderland as he has always found Newcastle an arrogant club, pretty certain when we played Newcastle in the cup 15 months ago he kept that one quiet, he does talk some shite.
He’s at it already saying they might get “discombobulated” in that interview ?

The honeymoon period will soon dissipate and your fans will get bored of him pretty quickly. I did think about Charlie's past contributions coming back to haunt him, but will anybody really care?

I don't think anybody will care about what he wrote on here. It's hardly relevant to his new toy.

His inability to conduct a conversation on a message board or in an interview without bad-mouthing some one or something will perhaps come back to haunt him.

I don't think anybody will care about what he wrote on here. It's hardly relevant to his new toy.

His inability to conduct a conversation on a message board or in an interview without bad-mouthing some one or something will perhaps come back to haunt him.

Maybe he’s taken up tai chi, to address his anger management issues [emoji6]

Taken Tai Chi up where exactly?

Taken Tai Chi up where exactly?

Sunderland by the looks of it [emoji23]. Unless he left voluntarily and Charlie didn’t mackem

He was careful not to bad mouth anyone in that fanzine interview, just the Geordie nation. He did invent a nice little history for himself though. Get used to eating bullshit, Sunderland fans.
Mackems be warned ...Charles' mantra .......

The Sunderland fans absolutely love Charlie - he has really won them round (on the forum anyway)

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/als-methven-interview.1432242/

PR man doing a competent job running the PR. Look, I understand it's all part of the game and Charlie is a bit of a knob. But I kinda wish we had received a similar piece of red-meat from a representative of our new management team. Luckily KR knows how to play to the fanbase, even though it's not his primary role.

PR man doing a competent job running the PR. Look, I understand it's all part of the game and Charlie is a bit of a knob. But I kinda wish we had received a similar piece of red-meat from a representative of our new management team. Luckily KR knows how to play to the fanbase, even though it's not his primary role.
Ain't that the truth (y)(y)

I feel compelled to respond to this thread despite never having any run-ins with Charlie, because it seems to have got a bit ridiculous.

Quite frankly, I couldn't give less of a s**t about Charlie, and I give even less of a s**t about Sunderland. If they make a success of it up there, fair play. They'll get a very decent return on their investment I'm sure. However, I know in myself that I would never want to own a club other than Oxford (especially one that plays in the same division). But, each to their own.

Some on here seem desperate for them to fail, which I can't understand. Pointing out to previous posts on here like children telling tales to their parents about siblings. Grow up for crying out loud. Charlie has been a bit of a dick on here in the past, there's no doubting that! But there's also no doubting that he has dedicated a lot of his life to helping this club be more successful. I think this gave him an attitude if 'I'm a better fan than you' attitude, which was quite intolerable at times, but he's not the only one that's thought that way and he won't be the last.

In answer the the Sunderland fan's original post, I think if you re-read his interview with the fanzine you'll understand. He's an arrogant bastard (kind of makes his comments about Newcastle even more laughable), and he has an air of superiority when he talks to people.

Also, about 90% of that interview is pure PR, but is that really an issue? To be honest, I'd love for our club to have that level of PR, and if a new owner came in here and delivered that sort interview, we'd all be lapping at up (as can be seen by the drooling over everything Robinson says).

How to sum up? Like I say, the only Sunderland results I care about this season are the two times we play them. I certainly don't wish them any failures because Charlie and Stewart own the club. Those desperate for him to fail probably need to stop acting like children. And Sunderland fans should probably realise that his influence over the success of our club in recent years has been greatly overstated in that interview, which probably explains some of the dislike towards him in these parts.

Anyway, let's all be friends, hey? Enjoy the Bank Holiday.

What do u post under on ur forum sinner? I read a lot of that Charlie thread, which is you?
Sinner - but I only made one post pointing them to this forum. I'm happy to join the mass delerium but heeding words of caution from here.

Dave’s mission.....

My only mission Sean is to make my club a better place.

Ironically many seem to think that’s actually happened with this move.

Nice to see u blowing smoke up his a**e on twitter though.

What’s ur views on his interview, slightly exaggerated wouldn’t u say ?

Back
Top Bottom