General Big calls for 22/23

RyanioBirdio and Karl will become bessie mates and set up home together.
With Simon Eastwoods furniture after he gets a free transfer as a no 2 in the premiership, then everyone on this forum saying we should never have let him go.😭

We get an official confirmation of the new/restructured/reshuffled ownership.

Pure fantasy, obvs.

Derby, Ipswich and Sheffield United fans will bleat and bitch about how tinpot league 1 is and how they shouldn’t have to face little teams like us.

Derby, Ipswich and Sheffield United fans will bleat and bitch about how tinpot league 1 is and how they shouldn’t have to face little teams like us.

But the Sheffield United fans will only bleat on a wednesday.

You would think this would be a great chance for spurs to actually win something, good team, good signings, good manager, great ground etc but they won’t, because they are spurs.

I don’t really do prem football, but do hate Spurs because of the way that they think they’re a big club and yet they’ve still won the square root of nothing

The EFL introduce tea breaks at 28 mins.
Kassam reduces stadium rent to £100 pm.
Fans are allowed onto the pitch if the other team scores.
Someone paints the C$unty Ground yellow and blue.

RyanioBirdio and Karl will become bessie mates and set up home together.
He would forever be telling me he had fixed things around the house before going on the radio and declaring that none of the work had been done after all, because he’s sick of me not acting like a big housemate, while all of the neighbours declare him “a great man” because he smiles as he scratches their car. It would only be when he eventually moved out that people would realise he had been smearing s**t all over the walls.

As for ‘big calls’:

England don’t even reach the quarter finals of the World Cup.

I don’t really do prem football, but do hate Spurs because of the way that they think they’re a big club and yet they’ve still won the square root of nothing
Nothing recently but hardly the square root of nothing
  • Football League Champions: 1950/1951, 1960/1961
  • The FA Cup Winners: 1900/1901, 1920/1921, 1960/1961, 1961/1962, 1966/1967, 1980/1981, 1981/1982, 1990/1991
  • Football League Cup Winners: 1970/1971, 1972/1973, 1998/1999, 2007/2008
  • European Cup-Winners Cup Winners: 1962/1963
  • UEFA Cup Winners: 1971/1972, 1983/1984
  • Football League Division Two Champions: 1919/1920, 1949/1950

If winning nothing is your basis for hatred then maybe you should look at Fulham, Palace, Brentford or Bournemouth who have a combined count of 0 major trophies

n.b. not a Spurs fa

Re Division 3.

Wednesday will finish top. Exeter will finish bottom.
Hasselbaink will leave Burton by mutual consent before Christmas.
KR will describe James Henry’s return from injury and impressive early season form as like a new signing.
Oxford will do the double over Derby.
There will be a few freakish Tuesday evening results in the North West helping Accrington, Morecambe and Fleetwood to defy the odds and avoid relegation.

Torrential rain in Mid November causes the ground and surrounding area to flood. Brannagan is seen fishing from the top of the fence, catching an impressive 24lb pike.

England don’t even reach the quarter finals of the World Cup.
Unfortunately, I can see this happening all too easily.

England follow up a comfortable but slightly unconvincing 2-0 win against Iran with a bore draw against the US on Black Friday. Then Gareth Bale is inspired to one last great performance in a thrilling 3-3 draw with Wales. Everyone gets overexcited about the game, but the Yanks win the group. We then get battered by the Dutch in the second round, who look absolutely unbeatable......until the Argies kill the game in the quarters and knock them out on penalties, before going on to win the tournament.

England follow up a comfortable but slightly unconvincing 2-0 win against Iran with a bore draw against the US on Black Friday. Then Gareth Bale is inspired to one last great performance in a thrilling 3-3 draw with Wales. Everyone gets overexcited about the game, but the Yanks win the group. We then get battered by the Dutch in the second round, who look absolutely unbeatable......until the Argies kill the game in the quarters and knock them out on penalties, before going on to win the tournament.
Oh don't.
Please.

I think it could be similar to the Italia '90 group. England, Wales, USA all share draws, then it comes down to who beats Iran by the most.

(although let's not forget Iran have form for beating USA in World Cup)

You would think this would be a great chance for spurs to actually win something, good team, good signings, good manager, great ground etc but they won’t, because they are spurs.
Very true they only win in a year ending in one, so next chance is 2031

I think it could be similar to the Italia '90 group. England, Wales, USA all share draws, then it comes down to who beats Iran by the most.

(although let's not forget Iran have form for beating USA in World Cup)

For some reason, I can still remember where I was when I watched that game, and that Iran's second goal was scored by Mehdi Mahdavikia.

Why my brain has decided to retain facts like that, when I can never remember facts like my Boss' wife's name, or any of my in-laws birthdays, will forever remain a mystery to me.......

Chris Maguire and Simon Eastwood will both sign for Blackpool.
Ben Davis will be a full international.
And a forum member will channel Amersham Dave....
Ach, I miss Amersham Dave. Could have done with him these last few weeks on that barmy transfer thread to remind everyone football is supposed to be fun. Hope he's up there in a deckchair on a pristine heavenly pitch with a whole pack of hounds to release whenever he fancies it.

Back
Top Bottom