Matches Cambridge and Burton Promotional Thread

At 7.15pm home sales stood at exactly 8,500 which means 698 sold so far today.

Just 1140 seats left now so if you know people going who haven’t bought a ticket yet I would definitely advise them to buy in advance if they can. East Stand will almost certainly sell out.

Remaining seats are

South Stand Lower - 467 (128/90/8/4/0/6/65/166)

South Stand Upper - 255 (15/7/0/1/6/116)

East Stand - 119 (30/11/0/5/18/55)

North Stand - 299 (102/29/90/78)

At 7.15pm home sales stood at exactly 8,500 which means 698 sold so far today.

Just 1140 seats left now so if you know people going who haven’t bought a ticket yet I would definitely advise them to buy in advance if they can. East Stand will almost certainly sell out.

Remaining seats are

South Stand Lower - 467 (128/90/8/4/0/6/65/166)

South Stand Upper - 255 (15/7/0/1/6/116)

East Stand - 119 (30/11/0/5/18/55)

North Stand - 299 (102/29/90/78)
Wow. Could be a sell out for home fans

.... heres hoping ... has there ever been 4 consecutive 10k home league game crowds?

The last time we had three in a row was 1987 with Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool. The game that preceded those three was against Watford with 9710, and the one that followed was against Sheffield Wednesday with 7981. So we have to go further back than that for 4 in a row.

Edit - the last 6 league games of the 85/86 season saw consecutive 10k games or 7 if we include the Milk Cup semi final (along with a cheeky 90k at Wembley!)

Last edited:
The last time we had three in a row was 1987 with Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool. The game that preceded those three was against Watford with 9710, and the one that followed was against Sheffield Wednesday with 7981. So we have to go further back than that for 4 in a row.

Edit - the last 6 league games of the 85/86 season saw consecutive 10k games or 7 if we include the Milk Cup semi final (along with a cheeky 90k at Wembley!)

Shame that Burton game is next week we could of beat that record with the following games after, Ipswich, Sunderland, mk dons all got to be over 10k surely. The last game against Doncaster depending where we find ourselves could be close too.

Shame that Burton game is next week we could of beat that record with the following games after, Ipswich, Sunderland, mk dons all got to be over 10k surely. The last game against Doncaster depending where we find ourselves could be close too.

We've seen in recent weeks that there is a real growing interest in live football in the county, and whilst I think we'd be hard pushed to get 10k against Burton I wouldn't rule out getting close if we can continue to do what we're doing. It would be a huge boost to everything going on both within the club, and with the stadium if we even got close to 10k crowds for all our home games of 2022.

We've seen in recent weeks that there is a real growing interest in live football in the county, and whilst I think we'd be hard pushed to get 10k against Burton I wouldn't rule out getting close if we can continue to do what we're doing. It would be a huge boost to everything going on both within the club, and with the stadium if we even got close to 10k crowds for all our home games of 2022.
A convincing home win on top of an emotional match/occasion tomorrow would certainly help boost the Burton attendance, even more so with a win on Tuesday evening too

A convincing home win on top of an emotional match/occasion tomorrow would certainly help boost the Burton attendance, even more so with a win on Tuesday evening too

It’ll have to go some as presumably Burton will only bring about 400 or so?

Fingers crossed. I genuinely think a lot of fans are joining us tomorrow to show their love for Joey. Hopefully they stick around for more games too for their love for the club. It’s what he’d have wanted.
Plus the games have been so good this season, who can remember a boring one?

Currently 8,530 home sales.

A real manic day of home sales, 730 in total. We're now within 100 of our Portsmouth and Sheff Wed final totals and level with our Morecambe final total. I sense it's just slowing slightly now for this evening, but will do a final midnight check.

Less than 100 left in the East Stand now, so that will sell out 100%. If we can finish tonight on 8,600, and have 650 walk ups tomorrow, we'll be looking at 750 from Cambridge to hit the magic 10,000 mark...............................again!

Edit: BTW we're now exactly 1,000 ahead of the same stage verses Bolton, and that ended up as 8,277 home fans.

Currently 8,530 home sales.

A real manic day of home sales, 730 in total. We're now within 100 of our Portsmouth and Sheff Wed final totals and level with our Morecambe final total. I sense it's just slowing slightly now for this evening, but will do a final midnight check.

Less than 100 left in the East Stand now, so that will sell out 100%. If we can finish tonight on 8,600, and have 650 walk ups tomorrow, we'll be looking at 750 from Cambridge to hit the magic 10,000 mark...............................again!

Edit: BTW we're now exactly 1,000 ahead of the same stage verses Bolton, and that ended up as 8,277 home fans.
Cheers @Colin B Good postings(s)

Block 5 south stand lower
Block 18 east stand
Block 12 and 13 south stand upper

All sold out

99 seats left in the east stand

Advise people to get tickets early tomorrow people!

Thank you to @Colin B and @Thecurraghofkildare and those who regularly contribute to these threads. The daily (or several times daily!) updates really helps to build excitement and undoubtedly helps to push the attendance beyond any levels we could have ever hoped for a few weeks ago. Tomorrow will be an incredibly special day and a perfect way to remember Joey.

Back
Top Bottom