Bristol Rovers game

Well it is. The club suggested it, tvp supported it

Shouldn’t believe everything you hear when it comes to this kind of thing. Maybe our policeman friend who comes on here can confirm. After what happened in Bristol, this was always going to be an early kick off and tvp were very much angling for this ko time.

Shouldn’t believe everything you hear when it comes to this kind of thing. Maybe our policeman friend who comes on here can confirm. After what happened in Bristol, this was always going to be an early kick off and tvp were very much angling for this ko time.

I’m police liaison for Oxvox. So I do tend to believe what I hear as I’m a little closer to it Andy. Like I said this was arranged way before the away fixture in Bristol

It’s not ideal but two months notice surely is long enough to make arrangements?

I’m police liaison for Oxvox. So I do tend to believe what I hear as I’m a little closer to it Andy. Like I said this was arranged way before the away fixture in Bristol
It goes down as a club request, but it's heavily influenced by TVP. When you have the police breathing down your necks wanting an early kick off, the club are hardly going to reject it. The police force is probably one you want to keep on your side...

It goes down as a club request, but it's heavily influenced by TVP. When you have the police breathing down your necks wanting an early kick off, the club are hardly going to reject it. The police force is probably one you want to keep on your side...

Not in this case mate.

Think of all the ruined pre-match routines with the 1pm kick off. How will Bert from Littlemore cope with not being able to have his lunch on the table at 12.30, as he does every day? Or Geoff from Rose Hill who has to have 3 pints in the Bird before kick off because it's bad luck if he doesn't?

Frankly, the club need to be more mindful of fans pre-match routines ;)

Not in this case mate.

Going to be a case of agreeing to disagree but pressure was and always is applied by tvp. Just like it’ll be them deciding how forced are deployed inside the stadium and how they also (along with the Oufc safety setup) have had issues with senior staff at the club over lots of unusual ticket transfers to the centre sections of the north stand.

I just phoned up the ticket office as I wanted to move a couple of STs in the SSL to the NS for this game. They refused because the police told them not to allow any seat changes for this game. However you allowed to buy a brand new ticket in the NS. Just can't move your existing ST seat there..

Anyway 1400 Rovers fans next to the family section should work well lol.

Be about right if their kids for a quid firm turn up again ??

Going to be a case of agreeing to disagree but pressure was and always is applied by tvp. Just like it’ll be them deciding how forced are deployed inside the stadium and how they also (along with the Oufc safety setup) have had issues with senior staff at the club over lots of unusual ticket transfers to the centre sections of the north stand.
Wrong again.

I just phoned up the ticket office as I wanted to move a couple of STs in the SSL to the NS for this game. They refused because the police told them not to allow any seat changes for this game. However you allowed to buy a brand new ticket in the NS. Just can't move your existing ST seat there..

Anyway 1400 Rovers fans next to the family section should work well lol.
Wrong. Not our decision and I have the recording to prove it.

Ok fair enough u obviously know more than me being on the safety group and police liaison. I’ll just ask you next time it will save me hours [emoji6]

Wrong. Not our decision and I have the recording to prove it.

Interesting. They were quick to say that the Police weren't allowing it. Why would they lie? (Genuine Question).

Ok fair enough u obviously know more than me being on the safety group and police liaison. I’ll just ask you next time it will save me hours [emoji6]

Didn’t say I knew more David, I’m merely disagreeing with you as I’m pretty sure of my info (as proven down the thread by Oxford not allowing a ticket exchange) .

Out of interest, who will decide if the police are required inside the stadium. The experienced oxford safety team who’ll have their own stewards on duty or the police? Also, who has decided that the Sarge’s fav, the divide between the north stand and car park end will be in operation? Police or Oxford?

Interesting. They were quick to say that the Police weren't allowing it. Why would they lie? (Genuine Question).

to be fair a lot of league( and prem) clubs tend to trot out the line 'on police advice' when its actually the club that has made the (unpopular) decision, apportioning 'blame' on police instead of holding their hands up. Which is wrong.

example :- a few seasons ago OUFC had the bare minimum allocation of away tickets at Adams park..... during the same season additional tickets had been made available to visiting clubs.... WWFC erroneously tweeted re the visit of OUFC, that no additional away tickets would be available for OUFC visit, due to TVP advice/insistance.... WWFC basically LIED , it was their decision to only allow the bare minimum allocation of tickets to OUFC supporters ( I suspect pikey Ainsworth had quite a 'say' on that decision too) ....there was quite a lengthy thread on that very subject on the previous incarnation of YF

Last edited:
Didn’t say I knew more David, I’m merely disagreeing with you as I’m pretty sure of my info (as proven down the thread by Oxford not allowing a ticket exchange) .

Out of interest, who will decide if the police are required inside the stadium. The experienced oxford safety team who’ll have their own stewards on duty or the police? Also, who has decided that the Sarge’s fav, the divide between the north stand and car park end will be in operation? Police or Oxford?

Lets hope IF (haha) the riot fence is in use Saturday morning and early afternoon that the club inform supporters via all media platforms, not just twitter (not everyone has a twitter account), and also announce the use of the riot fence over the tannoy too. As OUFC have previously agreed to do, as well as announced the way the will communicate the use of the riot fence to supporters.

As for who makes the call re police inside the stadium and also whether to use the riot fence (or not), I believe @Dave T is best placed to respond as he is currently OxVox representative on the safety group ( unless there's been a recent change to that situation? )

Last edited:
Can’t answer for them I’m afraid as I don’t know. But 100% not our decision.

And the policing inside the ground, that your call (maybe not you direct, but you know what I mean) or the clubs. How about the fence mentioned by Sarge, again, that the police’s or the clubs call to deploy?

Back
Top Bottom