Bristol Rovers game

1400's not a lot is it?

That is about 500 too much. At their place, they give away fans about 750 terrace tickets and 200 pokey seats.
They could easily rejig their ground ie seats behind the goal to give away supporters more. As they can't be bothered to provide away fans with proper facilities and a decent number of tickets then they should be treated like wise when they go away.

That is about 500 too much. At their place, they give away fans about 750 terrace tickets and 200 pokey seats.
They could easily rejig their ground ie seats behind the goal to give away supporters more. As they can't be bothered to provide away fans with proper facilities and a decent number of tickets then they should be treated like wise when they go away.

Agree with that overview re away ticket allocation on a kind of like for like basis @NottsYellow .... sadly there are FA/ EFL rules n regs regarding a minimum percentage of total allocation for away tickets based on the capacity of the host stadium

Despite what SHOULD have been learned (if not before, certainly on the day) at the total n utter bollox debacle of allowing Orient ( now non league Orient :p:p:p:p:p) travelling support to have the ENTIRE north stand at a certain last game of a season some years back.... subsequently, since which, the only restrictions I can think of have been to Scum & Wycombe, wheras the likes of fuckin Pompey, looton, Gass etc have, due to nothing more than greed by several OUFC owners , been allocated more than the required minimum amount of tickets for recent visits.

Currently IF our owner was to actually ANSWER question awaiting answers, ...and OUFC sides didnt (*like yesterday) get mugged the way they tend to in front of a larger than usual home attendance, plus OUFC actually told TVP to do one instead of agreeing to 'request' to have an early kick off so they (TVP) can intimidate ALL football supporters going to the match, there would be perhaps more home supporters going to home games thus negating OUFC need to cash in on additional away supporters? There again, if our owner actually provided answers to questions already asked just for starters that would be a move in the right direction Id thinkl

With all due respect Sarge, I can’t recall it ever being a problem filling the ground against Swindon despite a heavier police presence or change in ko time.

Lack of fans is mostly to do with quality of football and opposition imho.

For what it’s worth, I can’t ever recall being intimidated by TVP at high presence games so to say ALL fans are intimidated is questionable.

Makes you want to stay in the pub all game don’t it ?

With all due respect Sarge, I can’t recall it ever being a problem filling the ground against Swindon despite a heavier police presence or change in ko time.

Lack of fans is mostly to do with quality of football and opposition imho.

For what it’s worth, I can’t ever recall being intimidated by TVP at high presence games so to say ALL fans are intimidated is questionable.
fair comment @MC Yellow .... Ive a few acquaintances who are occasionals at home games...from experience previously, none of them are going to saturdays match with their young uns, entirely due to bad experiences at matches in the past where our local neighborhood bobbys have frightened the life out of youngsters with their 'robust' approach to policing football crowds. ( special mention to the clown in the mounted division whos preference tends to be using his horse as a weapon to intimidate ordinary people, as he rides through them brandishing an extended riot stick while braying loudly, hey, hey hey as he swings said stick in the direction of anyone and everyone), ...to be fair, the mounted officer in question isnt biased, he appears to hate 'everyone' equally!!!!

I did say in my post that Sw*nd*n (Scum) & Wycombe are limited to the required minimum with no extra tickets offered to their away support...yet Pompy, Gass, Looton etc it appears always get issued with 500 or more (?) additional tickets for their visits., along with earlier than it should be kick off times etc

In general the more numbers TVP have on display, the more volatile the policing tends to be, usually but not definitively
the worst excesses tend to be post match where most football supporters get wrongly tarred with the same brush by TVP, as those very few looking for a scrap with their visiting counterparts of a similar outlo0ok

contrast the siege mentality surrounding Gas visit this coming saturday , with its rearranged, early kick off, warnings issued to pub licensees/ managers, with the welcoming aura at Doncaster saturday last... that was the point I was (probably badly) trying to make

Last edited:
fair comment @MC Yellow .... Ive a few acquaintances who are occasionals at home games...from experience previously, none of them are going to saturdays match with their young uns, entirely due to bad experiences at matches in the paqst where our local neighborhood bobbys have frightened the life outof youngsters with their 'robust' approach to policing football crowds.

I did say in my post that Sw*nd*n (Scum) & Wycombe are limited to the required minimum with no extra tickets offered to their away support...yet Pompy, Gass, Looton etc it appears always get issued additional tickets for their visits., along with earlier than it should be kick off times etc

In general the more numbers TVP have on display, the more volatile the policing tends to be, usually but not definatively post match

contrast the siege mentality surrounding Gas visit this coming saturday , rearranged, early kick off, warnings issued to pub licensees/ managers, with the welcoming aura at doncaster saturday last... that was the point I was (probably badly) trying to make

It was the club that requested kick off moved not tvp.

cheers for the info @Dave T .... do you know why this wasnt more widely known ? And any idea as to why the club requested an early kick off?
or for that matter exactly WHO it was at OUFC that made the call to move the kick off from 3pm to 1am?

if it was a 3pm kick oiff I could just about make the game, with a 1pm kick-off Ive got no chance of getting to Oxford in time for this coming Saturdays game

cheers for the info @Dave T .... do you know why this wasnt more widely known ? And any idea as to why the club requested an early kick off?
or for that matter exactly WHO it was at OUFC that made the call to move the kick off from 3pm to 1am?

if it was a 3pm kick oiff I could just about make the game, with a 1pm kick-off Ive got no chance of getting to Oxford in time for this coming Saturdays game

I don’t I’m afraid , although Im guessing it wasn’t just to stop you going [emoji6]. It was requested before the trouble in Bristol so nothing to do with that. We are currently working with tvp to try and rebuild a better relationship between fans and police. And that is very much from both sides .

It’s fine @Sarge, a bit of argy bargy isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. No need to make excuses about kick off time etc. Don’t feel bad about it mate, we all still love you ?

I don’t I’m afraid , although Im guessing it wasn’t just to stop you going [emoji6]. It was requested before the trouble in Bristol so nothing to do with that. We are currently working with tvp to try and rebuild a better relationship between fans and police. And that is very much from both sides .
would it be worth engaging with OUFC club officials too,as unanswered questions by the owner and/ or board members, ....and now the revelation that it was the club who requested a usual saturday game with a 3pm kick off was moved to 1pm ... kind of says to me the current club officials are not as in touch with supporters as perhaps they should be??? .... To be honest Im shocked that OUFC requested a 1pm kick off for a saturday home game for no apparent reason?

would it be worth engaging with OUFC club officials too,as unanswered questions by the owner and/ or board members, ....and now the revelation that it was the club who requested a usual saturday game with a 3pm kick off was moved to 1pm ... kind of says to me the current club officials are not as in touch with supporters as perhaps they should be??? .... To be honest Im shocked that OUFC requested a 1pm kick off for a saturday home game for no apparent reason?

Perhaps Tiger’s flight leaves at 4pm.;)

Just another case of fans being ignored and taken for granted then. that said i would be amazed if this decision wasn't taken after some input from TVP

oh and for what it's worth i couldn't be there whatever time the kick off

ELF rules on kickoff time

27 Kick-Off Times
27.1 The Home Club shall fix the time of kick-off:
27.1.1 between 11.30am and 3.15 pm for Saturday matches;
27.1.2 between 7.00pm and 8.05 pm for midweek matches; and
27.1.3 between 11.30am and 8.05pm for Bank Holiday matches.
Once the kick-off time has been fixed, any amendment or variation thereto can be made only by agreement with the Away Club and with the approval of The League.

Given this was originally scheduled for 3pm, I cannot believe that a move to 1pm would have been universally accepted unless there were "reccomendations" from one or more external agencies.......

Perhaps Tiger’s flight leaves at 4pm.;)
if Idve known that it was the club who made the call to move kick off time earlier today/this afternoon,, Id maybe have been able to get get me Dad to ask Tiger in person ;)

6207 home tickets sold as of 11pm Thursday evening with approx 400 going today, so with 1400 coming from Bristol the crowd should be around the 8,000 mark if sales continue at the same pace tomorrow.

Not sure that’s quite true..

I’ve also heard The club aren’t happy or comfortable with the amount of ticket transfers over to the North stand for this game and are even more angry after their instructions were ignored by someone who should know better.

Not sure that’s quite true..

I’ve also heard The club aren’t happy or comfortable with the amount of ticket transfers over to the North stand for this game and are even more angry after their instructions were ignored by someone who should know better.

Well it is. The club suggested it, tvp supported it

Back
Top Bottom