Bristol Rovers game

Was the advice for landlords to serve in plastic cups not from you either?
I still have the letter that was sent from licensing to all city centre pubs. We asked them to consider it if they, the pubs, were used heavily on match days to reduce the likelihood of them being thrown, as occurred at the away fixture in October. Again, asked for it to be a consideration only.

I still have the letter that was sent from licensing to all city centre pubs. We asked them to consider it if they, the pubs, were used heavily on match days to reduce the likelihood of them being thrown, as occurred at the away fixture in October. Again, asked for it to be a consideration only.

That sounds very much like “on advice” to me

That sounds very much like “on advice” to me
Where’s it say that then? Consideration means to be considered doesn’t it. Seems to be a pattern today so shall we agree to disagree?

I didn’t say it was your name, I just asked if you knew about it, did you? Also there’s know need to be so defensive.

I didn’t say it was your name, I just asked if you knew about it, did you? Also there’s know need to be so defensive.

To be fair the police have been blamed for pretty much everything on this thread from changing kick off, to putting a wall up, to telling pubs what time they should open. All of which is not fact ,despite what some think. This is what we are working on between tvp and Oxvox to try and change the perception of the police and in return from the other side that not all fans are hooligans. I should imagine it’s pretty hard to be non defensive when ur constantly accused of things that are none of your doing and you are not listened to or believed when you give your side. I’m sure everyone would agree that a better relationship with tvp would make a match day a better experience for the majority of normal fans not looking to Cause trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sarge, that’s hilarious coming from you!
;););)

its one thing sharing opinions (often quickly typed on a device that has a habit of inflicting its own version of spellings etc) on a forum.... however an official document is a different matter ( again ...IMO ;) )

Who’s being defensive? I’m responding. Sorry if my typing came across as angry. I’m not angry or defensive. Or, before someone accuses me me of it, I’m not being sarcastic.

Seeing some of the comments on here pretty much sums up why it will always be difficult for plod and fans to ever operate in harmony.

99% of fans are perfectly decent people who want to enjoy a game of football and have a few beers with friends before a game of football.

Throw a few idiot morons in the mix and it is always the masses that will suffer.

For the safety of the masses, I have no issue with “advice or recommendations” being offered by TVP and if any proprietors had an once of responsibility, they would take that advice and act on it.

Not sure why some on here would have any issue with that... Junior_1 ??

Arguing about who said what or why seems petty. Does it really matter? So you have to drink a beer out of a plastic cup or can’t get into a pub for a few hours, is it really so bloody important?

Of course, it is sad that it has to be this way, but this is football and it is endemic in the game.

If you don’t like it go and watch Rugby, otherwise, stop looking for blame or pointing the finger.

Seeing some of the comments on here pretty much sums up why it will always be difficult for plod and fans to ever operate in harmony.

99% of fans are perfectly decent people who want to enjoy a game of football and have a few beers with friends before a game of football.

Throw a few idiot morons in the mix and it is always the masses that will suffer.

For the safety of the masses, I have no issue with “advice or recommendations” being offered by TVP and if any proprietors had an once of responsibility, they would take that advice and act on it.

Not sure why some on here would have any issue with that... Junior_1 ??

Arguing about who said what or why seems petty. Does it really matter? So you have to drink a beer out of a plastic cup or can’t get into a pub for a few hours, is it really so bloody important?

Of course, it is sad that it has to be this way, but this is football and it is endemic in the game.

If you don’t like it go and watch Rugby, otherwise, stop looking for blame or pointing the finger.

Pubs are businesses. Deciding to shut down your business for 3 hours on a Saturday after “advice”, “recommendations” or being asked to “consider” something is not about semantics. Or watching Rugby. It’s about losing money.

Pubs are businesses. Deciding to shut down your business for 3 hours on a Saturday after “advice”, “recommendations” or being asked to “consider” something is not about semantics. Or watching Rugby. It’s about losing money.

With an earlier kick off, pubs would maybe need to consider closing between 3 and 5 when normal trading would be fairly light compared to between 5 and 7 for a normal kick off. Most businesses would see this as less of an inconvenience than potentially having to hire in additional door staff or sustaining damage following a tear up or two.

and when your personal license (to sell alcohol) comes up for renewal, or you apply for an extension to opening hours for a function/event at your licesed premisis, I wonder how favourable said application would be viewed, if 'advice' given a few weeks or so previous regarding those subhuman football supporters was ignored?

It is crowd/public safety that drives TVP advice and recommendations, not money

But I do take your point, there are financial implications if that advice is acted upon.

My point was that it is TVP who are being criticised if they offer such advice or recommendations. But what else are they supposed to do?

They can’t force a pub to close for a few hours but surely it has to show some social responsibility?

Back
Top Bottom