EPL Brentford v Manchester United

Anyone who had to put up with Man United fans throughout the 1990s and 2000s will revel in the schadenfreude towards Manchester United. We had a few of their fanboys on these forums over the years bragging about how good they were.

I hope their demise continues to be as wretched and painful as it currently is. Early days but Ten Hag has taken on a club that needs an infrastructure overhaul.
Only Man Utd could pay over the odds for Schadenfreude!

Some of the defending was genuinely diabolical, although credit to Brentford because that fourth goal was one of the best I’ve seen for a while, turning defence into a goal scoring attack like that. I actually thought United played some decent stuff through the middle third but were all at sea elsewhere.

Only plus for them I could see was that little lad, Malacia, I’d be amazed if Shaw starts the next game ahead of him. Thought Eriksen did alright too but shameful performances from the rest. I think it’s Liverpool up next, bit of a free hit as most expect them to get an absolute pummelling so anything positive from that might just get them going.

Some of the defending was genuinely diabolical, although credit to Brentford because that fourth goal was one of the best I’ve seen for a while, turning defence into a goal scoring attack like that. I actually thought United played some decent stuff through the middle third but were all at sea elsewhere.

Only plus for them I could see was that little lad, Malacia, I’d be amazed if Shaw starts the next game ahead of him. Thought Eriksen did alright too but shameful performances from the rest. I think it’s Liverpool up next, bit of a free hit as most expect them to get an absolute pummelling so anything positive from that might just get them going.
You are Baldy and I claim my £5.

You are Baldy and I claim my £5.

Hahaha …. no, just trying to give a bit of perspective rather than piling in. Football is cyclical and the Arsenals and Man United’s will have their day again. I don’t really care too much as I support a L1 side but just as football and the PL needed Liverpool back competitive it will be in a healthier state if there were three, four or five teams in with a realistic shout rather than just two.

Hahaha …. no, just trying to give a bit of perspective rather than piling in. Football is cyclical and the Arsenals and Man United’s will have their day again. I don’t really care too much as I support a L1 side but just as football and the PL needed Liverpool back competitive it will be in a healthier state if there were three, four or five teams in with a realistic shout rather than just two.
It would be far better if at least 15 of the 20 premier league sides had a shout at the title pre season.

It would be far better if at least 15 of the 20 premier league sides had a shout at the title pre season.
Totally agree.
I am really not sure where this 'Premier League need a competitive Man U' comes from.
It would be far better if Man U were relegated. At least it would show that money doesn't guarantee survival

Totally agree.
I am really not sure where this 'Premier League need a competitive Man U' comes from.
It would be far better if Man U were relegated. At least it would show that money doesn't guarantee survival

Hammer the share price as well which would be the biggest concern for the Glazers. It may have been a weird dream but I'm sure I read Michael Knighton was trying to put together a consortium to buy Man Utd to the point I checked the date of the article multiple times!!!!

Edit - I didn't imagine it:

When they redevelop Old Trafford, he can build another stand that is off kilter to the pitch.

Last edited:
Brilliant to see them slaughtered in such fashion.
But typically they always fail to credit the opposing team for winning.
Instead of which we are subjected to moaning and groaning from Manchester United management who with their resources should be getting the right players in.
They need players who show commitment to the cause, however, for now I hope they keep Maguire…who probably cost more than the Brentford team and reserves put together. I enjoyed the first goal. What a great keeper that DeGea is? I’d rather have either of our two keepers or Jack Stevens who must also be better.
The whole ongoing saga at Old Trafford fills me with much hilarity and mirth. I bet Gareth Southgate is looking for some replacement players in his squad. There won’t be any Manchester United players in there I would think based on their last two games.
I heard the BBC comment that this is the first time a Premiership team had conceded four in the first half. They must be forgetting that game against Liverpool last season

Absolutely, though we're also seeing an equally arrogant emergence of 'Citeh'
City are celebrated because they are super rich and also really good. There’s not the same feeling of entitlement- at least older fans remember when they used to lose to Stockport or whoever.

City are celebrated because they are super rich and also really good. There’s not the same feeling of entitlement- at least older fans remember when they used to lose to Stockport or whoever.

I'm more talking about the media, because that's who exacerbates the naming conventions.

Long May it continue. They will go through what Liverpool had to endure, 25+ years without a title.

I’m off to Anfield on Monday night to watch Liverpool play Crystal Palace.

Uniteds got Liverpool next at Old Trafford, can see Utd being torn to shreds.
I hope it's just a scouting mission ahead of the Oxford v CP game and you're not attending to support Liverpool? 🤢

I hope it's just a scouting mission ahead of the Oxford v CP game and you're not attending to support Liverpool? 🤢

I’m there to scout two players.

I’ve been to Anfield a few times, it’s one of the best grounds to go into for atmosphere especially for an evening kick off.

I’m there to scout two players.

I’ve been to Anfield a few times, it’s one of the best grounds to go into for atmosphere especially for an evening kick off.

Yeah, it'll be a good atmosphere under the lights I'm sure. Could you bottle some of it up and bring it back to the K***am please? 😂

Funny that. I only recall one other forum member having the same habit for putting spacing ahead of punctuation (like you do in this example here):

... and his name was baldy, example here:

Obviously could be a coincidence. Just like it could be a coincidence you like going on the windup about Man U. Or you referencing the Qatari takeover:

Anyway. Not sure what I should spend my £5 reward on. Maybe I'll give it to Man U so they can start to claw back the £50m they spanked on that Martinez 👍🏻

Long May it continue. They will go through what Liverpool had to endure, 25+ years without a title.

I’m off to Anfield on Monday night to watch Liverpool play Crystal Palace.

Uniteds got Liverpool next at Old Trafford, can see Utd being torn to shreds.

Back
Top Bottom