Blackpool

yeah something like that. hope we’re not saying the same in 5 years

Owen Oyston first bought shares in 1987, and took control in 88. Owen was jailed for rape in 1996, the chairmanship of the club initially went to his wife, then his son Karl who was in charge until recently.

didn’t realise it was anywhere near that length of time. and we moan about tiger!!!

To be fair, when Blackpool were a run-of-the-mill lower league club, I don't think the Oystons were viewed that negatively from a football perspective (only a personal perspective, as dad was a convicted rapist).

It's only after they brought in additional financing through this Belokon guy, and then somehow Ian Holloway got them into the Premier League, that the club was suddenly worth something and they showed themselves up to be greedy asset strippers.

The Oyston's have owned Blackpool for nearly 33 years!
5 years of 'problems' under the oystons ? Or maybe longer? I dont take too much notice of other clubs issues unless they become reported nationally , or may impact on oufc.... cheers for full info re oystons ownership at blackpool @myles

A combination of both Blackpool’s & Coventry’s miseries may save us. However, what a terrible state our lower league (once proud) clubs are faced with, hoping for another to fold or a points deduction to stay up. A truly miserable situation of gross mismanagement of our respective clubs. Shame on of all these charlatan owners (ours included) COYY

A combination of both Blackpool’s & Coventry’s miseries may save us. However, what a terrible state our lower league (once proud) clubs are faced with, hoping for another to fold or a points deduction to stay up. A truly miserable situation of gross mismanagement of our respective clubs. Shame on of all these charlatan owners (ours included) COYY
Hopefully we will get out of trouble with no help from others going into administration.
Saturday was a good start. Need 4 more wins

Have I missed something? I thought Blackpool fans were boycotting. Or is this some sort of show of solidarity?

The previous owner, Owen Oyston, has left the board and the club placed into administration. The NAPM (not a penny more) boycott has now ended and their fans will attend home games. I believe they've sold in excess of 11,500 for their next home game.

I can't imagine what it must've been like for them over the last few years. I love going to watch Oxford, win or lose and to feel unable to do so, on the basis of club ownership, would be horrendous. I salute their sacrifice and I'm pleased that it has, at last, ended.

I suspect many of those cleaning the stadium would find it very cathartic; a literal clean start for the club.

Good luck to them. Chairman problems are NOTHING new down our way, but it's good when a story like this comes to a conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom