International News Black Lives Matter

Yet you get big discrepancies like this, being black means you are 3 times more likely to be arrested according to this government page (2017/18 data).
That is only a problem if you are equally likely to comitt crime I have no evidence for this except poor studies of the videos and photos of the Brixton and Nottinghill riot. do you have those figures? I wouldn't expect equality amongst arrest figures hence me not complaining about the lack of Asian arrests compared to white. I expect the police to arrest criminals not a proportionate share of everyone. Just because they are black doesn't mean they are more likely to be arrested. You still ignore Asian people who are much less likely to be arrested. How come they are so successful in keeping out of the way of police?

That is only a problem if you are equally likely to comitt crime I have no evidence for this except poor studies of the videos and photos of the Brixton and Nottinghill riot. do you have those figures? I wouldn't expect equality amongst arrest figures hence me not complaining about the lack of Asian arrests compared to white. I expect the police to arrest criminals not a proportionate share of everyone. Just because they are black doesn't mean they are more likely to be arrested. You still ignore Asian people who are much less likely to be arrested. How come they are so successful in keeping out of the way of police?
Not ignoring them, just flitting round looking at stats prompted by your posts, haven't come across anything particularly interesting or different to what you are posting. Haven't really been trying to counter what you are putting out either, your posts have provided some interesting takes on things which I've been trying to read up on amongst my 'proper work'

Well I'm not complaining about it or rioting. I think that many parts of white British culture could learn from the more successful groups.
Whilst I don’t like the EU we could learn a lot better things from European culture than we will American culture. Getting rid of all the Americanisms out of our language would be a good start.

Bingo we have a proper piece of evidence. Black people are definitely more likely to be stopped under stop and search outcomes however the success is about 20% across the board over all ethnicities. Indicating black stop and searches are in proportion to their crime rate. https://fullfact.org/crime/stop-and-search-england-and-wales/ now black arrests run at about 21% white at 16% but there could be different reasons like white people more accepting of a caution. I don't know really but the numbers show here they are not specifically targeted above the crime rate.

I meant - why the comment - "Brixton - well I'll be."?

The behaviour is atrocious, granted, but have you ever stopped to think ....I'm mean seriously stopped to think why Brixton? Why Notting Hill? why does it happen in those communities and not, say Knightsbridge...or...Kensington & Chelsea...or Islington....or West Brompton....or......you get the idea?

It's kind of like you are saying, well it is Brixton....what do you expect, whilst shrugging your shoulders and shaking your head disapprovingly....is that about right?

Maybe if we did more to tackle the reasons why small minorities of the communities in these Areas act and react the way they do, it wouldn't happen quite so much. It's easy to say tackle the gun drug and gang problems, but maybe take a step back and consider why they are a problem in certain Areas first.

Going in hard with the Army as you offer would, I suggest, do more to stoke the fires than it will to extinguish it and if you really want to make people feel like they are under siege, disenfranchised and the "them" in society, rather than the "us", then carry on with using more and more force. But I would suggest it is a very slippery slope indeed.
They are still lawless b******s

Hi 5 to that bro!!!
Yep the Yanks aren’t worth following, never really liked the Americans with all the “ Hoorah “ attitude but it was topped I think it was last year when Trump said about our appalling knife crime and that’s why they have guns......they also have schools but that doesn’t come into the equation with Trump.

What part of 'if white people who clearly break the law don't get arrested you get the stats you get' didn't you understand?
That isn't true though. The arrests from stop and search show there isn't a great selection of white people not being arrested. Or treated differently. It's really not difficult the police publish the information as do the ons

I don't understand how difficult it is to distinguish between a statue, which has the sole purpose of celebrating the life of an individual, and a building. Yet people are still struggling with this.

No, we don't demolish structures. Yes, we review statues and remove those from public spaces that are now considered controversial.
cake and eat it comes to mind......................jus sayin ;);)

Back
Top Bottom