International News Black Lives Matter

what
yes he was probably jewish but ethnicity of jesus is a strange one because muslims invaded those lands hundreds of years after his death so people probably looked more greek in those areas than the appearance of middle eastern people today .

what? I'm sorry, I'm a bit drunk but what? I've read that three times and all I can reply is "what?". Please enlighten me.........

yes he was probably jewish but ethnicity of jesus is a strange one because muslims invaded those lands hundreds of years after his death so people probably looked more greek in those areas than the appearance of middle eastern people today .

Right, a more considered response.

Firstly, Jesus wasn't probably Jewish, he WAS Jewish (INRI - King of the Jews?)

Secondly, how do moorish invaders centuries after Christ's birth have anything to do with what Jesus looked like? He almost certainly lòoked like someone you think is a threat to you, which I really don't understand.

I'm going to bed now, but I hope you find it within yourself to be less of a t**t.

She was good to her military what about the military personal who manned the green goddesses in 77 because of the fireman’s strike with us getting spat on and things being thrown at us yet James
Callaghan the then PM did f**k all to protect us.
The pits were closing and yes there was violence from OB but also a lot a hell of a lot from the miners.
Is it the fault not f the police that there jobs are
Going because if cheap imports? That’s Europe for you

I don't want to get into Thatcher good/Thatcher bad or Mines needed to close/stay open debates, there really is no point at all.

You asked how Thatcher treated miners badly and I gave you specific examples.

Kind of intrigued as to what you're getting at with your last sentence though...

Poland only joined the EU in 2004 ffs.
Still in Europe though and this is nothing to do with Brexit,!5’the face of the matter is we couldn’t compete financially with the price of coal and it doesn’t matter where it came from we were to price FFS

I don't want to get into Thatcher good/Thatcher bad or Mines needed to close/stay open debates, there really is no point at all.

You asked how Thatcher treated miners badly and I gave you specific examples.

Kind of intrigued as to what you're getting at with your last sentence though...
Basically was it the fault of the OB that the miners were losing their jobs, we couldn’t compete with the price of coal from other countries, the Europe bit wasn’t to do with Brexit or anything just saying that as an aside, nowadays it’s China who are undercutting other nations of coal producers.

Still in Europe though and this is nothing to do with Brexit,!5’the face of the matter is we couldn’t compete financially with the price of coal and it doesn’t matter where it came from we were to price FFS
But what do you mean by 'still in Europe' and 'that's Europe for you'? What point are you trying to make about Europe?

• React
Reactions: m
Those people are stupid idiots in many many ways - there are no excuses for behaviour like that.

Because this is the BLM thread, I suspect you are trying to somehow associate them with that.

But they are no more representative of the mass of black people than the idiot white people in London the other day 'protecting the statues' (who also had a go at the police) are representative of the majority of white people.

I am not any sort of spokesman for BLM (laudable though their aims are, I fear it is a fart in a hurricane and about as long lasting), but I suspect that the majority of people involved in it would be horrified to be associated with such idiocy.
There was a BLM music event in Brixton on that day, so presumably the people there carried on the party. It continues the unfortunate persistent thread that BLM events come with violence whether it is intended or not - I'm just amazed the Police seem afraid of erm, policing if it's BLM. The same as 4 years ago, BLM don't seem terribly keen on kicking out troublemakers or that sort of thing, so I kind of have less sympathy than I would. It almost relfects badly on their judgement as an organisation, or being incapable to remove a Comrade from an event.

Judging by overnight reports, it seems that street events lack of policing has enabled others to party on. The Met and the Mayor are doing a poor job for Londoners right now

A story reported as the main item on C4 news last night seems to have disappeared. The crime scene where two black women we’re murdered a couple of weeks ago was said to have been inappropriately photographed and the consequent images circulated on social media, leading to the suspension of police officers. Puzzling?

Not the best picture.... others are out there............ #blm (unless you are just attacking those who protect you).

View attachment 3947
View attachment 3948
I meant - why the comment - "Brixton - well I'll be."?

The behaviour is atrocious, granted, but have you ever stopped to think ....I'm mean seriously stopped to think why Brixton? Why Notting Hill? why does it happen in those communities and not, say Knightsbridge...or...Kensington & Chelsea...or Islington....or West Brompton....or......you get the idea?

It's kind of like you are saying, well it is Brixton....what do you expect, whilst shrugging your shoulders and shaking your head disapprovingly....is that about right?

Maybe if we did more to tackle the reasons why small minorities of the communities in these Areas act and react the way they do, it wouldn't happen quite so much. It's easy to say tackle the gun drug and gang problems, but maybe take a step back and consider why they are a problem in certain Areas first.

Going in hard with the Army as you offer would, I suggest, do more to stoke the fires than it will to extinguish it and if you really want to make people feel like they are under siege, disenfranchised and the "them" in society, rather than the "us", then carry on with using more and more force. But I would suggest it is a very slippery slope indeed.

Last edited:
Basically was it the fault of the OB that the miners were losing their jobs, we couldn’t compete with the price of coal from other countries, the Europe bit wasn’t to do with Brexit or anything just saying that as an aside, nowadays it’s China who are undercutting other nations of coal producers.
And yet.....China will be one of those we will be falling over ourselves to do a deal with once the "shackles are off" (I think I might've mentioned human rights, slavery and environmental protections, but I think I got away with it).

• React
Reactions: QR
I meant - why the comment - "Brixton - well I'll be."?

The behaviour is atrocious, granted, but have you ever stopped to think ....I'm mean seriously stopped to think why Brixton? Why Notting Hill? why does it happen in those communities and not, say Knightsbridge...or...Kensington & Chelsea...or Islington....or West Brompton....or......you get the idea?

It's kind of like you are saying, well it is Brixton....what do you expect, whilst shrugging your shoulders and shaking your head disapprovingly....is that about right?

Maybe if we did more to tackle the reasons why small minorities of the communities in these Areas act and react the way they do, it wouldn't happen quite so much. It's easy to say tackle the gun drug and gang problems, but maybe take a step back and consider why they are a problem in certain Areas first.

Going in hard with the Army as you offer would, I suggest, do more to stoke the fires than it will to extinguish it and if you really want to make people feel like they are under siege, disenfranchised and the "them" in society, rather than the "us", then carry on with using more and more force. But I would suggest it is a very slippery slope indeed.

All well and good if the population/community wish to engage with society and its rules/laws.
I will take a wild guess that those involved decided that decent behaviour wasn`t for them.

Life choices, made by individuals, can define their futures.
Choose to do something wrong and it can impact the rest of your days be that gangs, dealing, rioting or attacking the police.
Choose a better path for yourself and things can be far better.

All well and good if the population/community wish to engage with society and its rules/laws.
I will take a wild guess that those involved decided that decent behaviour wasn`t for them.

Life choices, made by individuals, can define their futures.
Choose to do something wrong and it can impact the rest of your days be that gangs, dealing, rioting or attacking the police.
Choose a better path for yourself and things can be far better.
So all down to the individual then in your eyes? Nothing to do with the hand you are dealt? Nothing to do with your background or ethnicity then? I might agree with you if everyone was on a level playing field, but they aren't. There are a myriad of complex socio-economic factors that affect this perceived ability to make those choices and make a success of them. It is churlish to suggest otherwise

I'm guessing you wholeheartedly agreed with Thatcher when she extoled that there was no such thing as society back in the day?

Everyone for themselves - dog eat dog....closely followed by greed is good....get as much as you can, while you can....you're either on my side or in my way?

May be just me but, 40 years later and I would suggest that it is exactly this kind of attitude, this kind of selfish behaviour that has manifested itself in the scenes we've witnessed over recent weeks on beaches across the UK, in illegal street parties and raves etc. Seems to me it is all part of the same me first mindset - sod everyone else and the impact it may have.

Maybe instilling a bit more social responsibility and sense of community/society/civic duty...maybe trying to make others lives easier, not harder would not go amiss?

Last edited:
We already spend disproportionate amount of money on these areas there needs to be some self responsibility where you are responsible for yourself and your offspring. Nobody needs to do this schooling is free in the UK to 18. One can join the army or learn coding on a £40 raspberry pi that will give you a lifetime of opportunity (it did for me). I'm fed up of people claiming it's not my fault there seems no social responsibility amongst these areas to improve themselves. Of course there is the issue about absent fathers which is heavily influenced by ethnicity (note south asians are much less likely to be affected than black minority) and other reasons for crime drug and gun use. Basically what i am saying is instead of rioting go ahead and do something with their lives the moment anyone steps outside of the law we need to tear gas and riot police in to enforce it. what we are seeing now is disorder and this needs and enforcer/strong leader to deal with it and nip it in the bud. Unfortunately the letting BLM get away with no social distancing and the rioting two weeks ago and basically doing what they wanted and some members of our "Police force" kneeling before them sows the seed for that we see in Notting hill and Brixton last night.

Another thing that irks me at the moment is people often talk about white supremacy well it really isn't. White british earn below the average. see ONS pay data Indian ethnic groups earn more. Perhaps instead of moaning about unfairness and blaming those that earn less than average (white british) those groups could look at what Indians, other Asians and white other do. The same goes for education this page again ONS data show that actually Black African do better at school than those racist white British children who have the system set up to favour them again Chinese and Indian at the top. Even death in police custody data is here. No evidence of white supremacy here too although Asians seem to do well out of it perhaps it's because they are less likely to come in contact with the police and commit crime (surprise surprise the data is here). So perhaps people who feel they are downtrodden should look at the stats and instead. I know it doesn't fit the current narrative that white people dictate the world and favour discriminate others, from what i see Chinese and other Asians do very well in the UK and perhaps it is them or their values and religious customs that others can learn from.

We already spend disproportionate amount of money on these areas there needs to be some self responsibility where you are responsible for yourself and your offspring. Nobody needs to do this schooling is free in the UK to 18. One can join the army or learn coding on a £40 raspberry pi that will give you a lifetime of opportunity (it did for me). I'm fed up of people claiming it's not my fault there seems no social responsibility amongst these areas to improve themselves. Of course there is the issue about absent fathers which is heavily influenced by ethnicity (note south asians are much less likely to be affected than black minority) and other reasons for crime drug and gun use. Basically what i am saying is instead of rioting go ahead and do something with their lives the moment anyone steps outside of the law we need to tear gas and riot police in to enforce it. what we are seeing now is disorder and this needs and enforcer/strong leader to deal with it and nip it in the bud. Unfortunately the letting BLM get away with no social distancing and the rioting two weeks ago and basically doing what they wanted and some members of our "Police force" kneeling before them sows the seed for that we see in Notting hill and Brixton last night.

Another thing that irks me at the moment is people often talk about white supremacy well it really isn't. White british earn below the average. see ONS pay data Indian ethnic groups earn more. Perhaps instead of moaning about unfairness and blaming those that earn less than average (white british) those groups could look at what Indians, other Asians and white other do. The same goes for education this page again ONS data show that actually Black African do better at school than those racist white British children who have the system set up to favour them again Chinese and Indian at the top. Even death in police custody data is here. No evidence of white supremacy here too although Asians seem to do well out of it perhaps it's because they are less likely to come in contact with the police and commit crime (surprise surprise the data is here). So perhaps people who feel they are downtrodden should look at the stats and instead. I know it doesn't fit the current narrative that white people dictate the world and favour discriminate others, from what i see Chinese and other Asians do very well in the UK and perhaps it is them or their values and religious customs that others can learn from.
From the link you posted to say that Black people aren't more likely to die in police custody...

When you compare these figures to how much of the population these groups make up (as measured by the 2011 census), black people are more than twice as likely to die in police custody.

From your link about pay data...

the households most likely to have a weekly income of less than £400 were from the Mixed and Black ethnic groups, at 32% and 35% respectively

... So not sure you can use these to say what you are trying to make them say.

From the link you posted to say that Black people aren't more likely to die in police custody...
You didn't bother to read the second link on that point it clearly shows black people have more contact with police as a proportion of arrests. If the police are racist does it explain the low number of Asian arrests or indeed when taken into account the number of arrests a white person is more likely to die in custody (85% of deaths compared with 72% of arrests) Whilst black people make up 10% of arrests yet account for only 8% of deaths in custody? Also as i eluded to in a previous post Knife gun and violent crime is a particular issue for example op Trident in the Met Police is it any surprise if a certain group is committing more violence they are more likely to die in custody perhaps whilst being subjected to force.
From your link about pay data...

... So not sure you can use these to say what you are trying to make them say.
It says exactly what it does White British and Black people earn less than average both should look at what Chinese Indians and other Asians do and aspire to do that through hard work and parental support no excuses for either group. Again doesn't look like white supremacy though to me.

Basically for a group of people who are supposed to be enjoying supremacy white British people are doing a very bad job of it! They are more likely to die when arrested to die in police custody have poorer educational results and earn below average. BLM should aim higher than to want parity with them.

Basically for a group of people who are supposed to be enjoying supremacy white British people are doing a very bad job of it! They are more likely to die when arrested to die in police custody have poorer educational results and earn below average. BLM should aim higher than to want parity with them.
If white people who clearly break the law don't get arrested you get the stats you get. Know who I'm taking about? ?

Yet you get big discrepancies like this, being black means you are 3 times more likely to be arrested according to this government page (2017/18 data).

If white people who clearly break the law don't get arrested you get the stats you get. Know who I'm taking about? ?
Well I'm not complaining about it or rioting. I think that many parts of white British culture could learn from the more successful groups.

Back
Top Bottom