International News Black Lives Matter

You have no idea what I do or don't" get in a tizz" about outside this forum.

Well if you don’t get in a tizz about Robinson* bringing on Mackie** for the last five minutes of each match just so that he (Mackie**) gets an appearance bonus, then you’re clearly a wrong ‘un.

* Karl Robinson, Oxford United Head Coach.
** Jamie Mackie, alleged Oxford United striker.

Read up on the Battle of Orgreave, the link below gives a summary:

And on the last part, no it isn't the responsibility of the private sector to help these communities but they will be part of the solution. It is down to Govt especially as it knew these actions would gut whole communities to re-train and provide eductional for miners/those in the community and for financial/tax breaks to encourage new development in those areas to provide the jobs. Or are you suggesting it was right for Thatcher to abandon whole swathes of the North and its people to economic desolation as revenge for them being "militant"?
Is it down to Thatcher to tell companies where they can go and trade? Are you saying any company that wants to operate in GB have to go where they’re told?

you have to look at that report and decide what the police could or couldn’t do did they start the riot sorry conflict. I’m not supporting the police but although reports have come out stating the police were violent heavy handed int heir use of force to subdue the miners, imagine being confronted day in day out to the abuse and violence that was coming because you were doing your job, but almost40 years ago now and still even after a 10 year labour govt nothing has been done to improve the areas. There are some bug businesses up Yorkshire way but not enough to employ the thousands that has no job when the pits closed down which I reiterate is down to economics.

Last edited:
In which case it should be treated exactly the same as if a football related violence had occured. if you replace BLM live protest with oufc fixture I'm certain tvp would not have been so accommodating. Were England fans not treated differently in the media in world cup 98 because a few of them started rioting they had football banning orders and passport removal working overtime such was the response perhaps these people need banning from protest like the England fans.
I agree. It looked well out of control, like some parts of London are regularly, but the Police seem to be led in a manner where certain methods are used depending on who the group are and then not for others. To a point it is understandable, but you can't let a mob run amok either.

At some point, everyone has to be equally accountable for their actions , and the actions of whatever group they are associated with when trouble occurs; regardless of their demographical background or viewpoints.

Is it down to Thatcher to tell companies where they can go and trade? Are you saying any company that wants to operate in GB have to go where they’re told?

you have to look at that report and decide what the police could or couldn’t do did they start the riot sorry conflict. I’m not supporting the police but although reports have come out stating the police were violent heavy handed int heir use of force to subdue the miners, imagine being confronted day in day out to the abuse and violence that was coming because you were doing your job, but almost40 years ago now and still even after a 10 year labour govt nothing has been done to improve the areas. There are some bug businesses up Yorkshire way but not enough to employ the thousands that has no job when the pits closed down which I reiterate is down to economics.

No but it was down to Thatcher's Govt to provide incentive for business to choose to move or start up there and help the community to develop new opportunities. Provide educational/training opportunities so the miners and others have relevant skills for new jobs, provide start up capital/grants for new businesses, tax breaks to attract business in etc etc. And do you think it is acceptable to abandon people in swathes of the country because they are a bit militant and because they opposed the Govt*? Or is it the Govt's job to only help those who voted for it?

*Note this happened after they been abandoned by the Govt before the strike happened and whilst their whole world was being ripped apart. I'd be a tad militant then as well.

Even the Police agree they were wrong at Orgreave by the way, from the previous linked article:

In June 1991, South Yorkshire Police paid £425,000 in compensation to 39 miners for assault, wrongful arrest, unlawful detention and malicious prosecution.

In 2015, the Independent Police Complaints Commission reported that there was "evidence of excessive violence by police officers, a false narrative from police exaggerating violence by miners, perjury by officers giving evidence to prosecute the arrested men, and an apparent cover-up of that perjury by senior officers".[20] Alan Billings, the South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner, admitted that the police had been "dangerously close to being used as an instrument of state".

Do some more reading Bazzer and read up on the papers that were declassified from Thatcher's Govt about the Miner's strike.

Last edited:
No but it was down to Thatcher's Govt to provide incentive for business to choose to move or start up there and help the community to develop new opportunities. Provide educational/training opportunities so the miners and others have relevant skills for new jobs, provide start up capital/grants for new businesses, tax breaks to attract business in etc etc. And do you think it is acceptable to abandon people in swathes of the country because they are a bit militant and because they opposed the Govt*? Or is it the Govt's job to only help those who voted for it?

*Note this happened after they been abandoned by the Govt before the strike happened and whilst their whole world was being ripped apart. I'd be a tad militant then as well.

Even the Police agree they were wrong at Orgreave by the way, from the previous linked article:

In June 1991, South Yorkshire Police paid £425,000 in compensation to 39 miners for assault, wrongful arrest, unlawful detention and malicious prosecution.

In 2015, the Independent Police Complaints Commission reported that there was "evidence of excessive violence by police officers, a false narrative from police exaggerating violence by miners, perjury by officers giving evidence to prosecute the arrested men, and an apparent cover-up of that perjury by senior officers".[20] Alan Billings, the South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner, admitted that the police had been "dangerously close to being used as an instrument of state".

Do some more reading Bazzer and read up on the papers that were declassified from Thatcher's Govt about the Miner's strike.

Well she couldn’t have been that bad 11 years as PM and 3 election wins

So Jake Hepple has not had a good few days. He was behind the 'White Lives Matter Burnley' banner, although he claims 60 people were involved in the stunt. Anyway, he's been sacked from his job. His girlfriend has been sacked from hers after making a racist post. Burnley FC have banned him for life. His mate Tommy Robinson - who he was pictured with on his FB page - hasn't come forward in support. Still, Hepple says it was all blown out of proportion and he's certainly not a racist, so seems he's been hard done by.

That is a rocky road and very likely a tribunal case, unless he has previous which seems likely.
Either way decisions made with relative haste, less than a week (?), often end up being successfully challenged.

Those people are stupid idiots in many many ways - there are no excuses for behaviour like that.

Because this is the BLM thread, I suspect you are trying to somehow associate them with that.

But they are no more representative of the mass of black people than the idiot white people in London the other day 'protecting the statues' (who also had a go at the police) are representative of the majority of white people.

I am not any sort of spokesman for BLM (laudable though their aims are, I fear it is a fart in a hurricane and about as long lasting), but I suspect that the majority of people involved in it would be horrified to be associated with such idiocy.

Last edited:
In what way

Whole villages left unemployed almost at a stroke with no support.

Police brutality which makes some of what football fans put up with look a joke.

Imagine returning home from work (not in mining) and finding out the police - London ones mind - have blocked the road and won't let get home. Then getting laughed at when you ask where you're going to sleep.

The economic argument is one thing. But to claim Thatcher was anything other than a c**t to the miners is rewriting history.

Whole villages left unemployed almost at a stroke with no support.

Police brutality which makes some of what football fans put up with look a joke.

Imagine returning home from work (not in mining) and finding out the police - London ones mind - have blocked the road and won't let get home. Then getting laughed at when you ask where you're going to sleep.

The economic argument is one thing. But to claim Thatcher was anything other than a c**t to the miners is rewriting history.
She was good to her military what about the military personal who manned the green goddesses in 77 because of the fireman’s strike with us getting spat on and things being thrown at us yet James
Callaghan the then PM did f**k all to protect us.
The pits were closing and yes there was violence from OB but also a lot a hell of a lot from the miners.
Is it the fault not f the police that there jobs are
Going because if cheap imports? That’s Europe for you

There are historical things that you may wish to forget, but surely the terrible events are the ones that society learn the most from.

For example who in their right mind would want to forget that Hiltler attempted to exterminate the whole of the Jewish race?
We can learn a lot from history.

Do you think there should be statues to Hitler then?

Potentially, but it's very easy for leaders or high up figures to brainwash the general public, just look into Hitler and the jews. If children were being raised and educated to believe certain races were evil they would not believe they were wrongdoing at the time. Seems unbelievable to conceive now but there's evidence that was the case unfortunately. I think it's important we learn from history without lynching and condemning people today for crimes (which were not crimes at the time) committed hundreds of years ago.
She was good to her military what about the military personal who manned the green goddesses in 77 because of the fireman’s strike with us getting spat on and things being thrown at us yet James
Callaghan the then PM did f**k all to protect us.
The pits were closing and yes there was violence from OB but also a lot a hell of a lot from the miners.
Is it the fault not f the police that there jobs are
Going because if cheap imports? That’s Europe for you
Europe? Go on.

I can't be arsred to read that, but you do realise that Jesus (if you are a believer) was almost certainly a) Jewish b) from the middle east and c) considered to be a terrorist.

Would you welcome him to England?

I can't be arsred to read that, but you do realise that Jesus (if you are a believer) was almost certainly a) Jewish b) from the middle east and c) considered to be a terrorist.

Not Tory 'England' (was that meant?) He hated the banks (moneylenders).

yes he was probably jewish but ethnicity of jesus is a strange one because muslims invaded those lands hundreds of years after his death so people probably looked more greek in those areas than the appearance of middle eastern people today .

Back
Top Bottom