General Backroom Staff Changes

Interesting story apart from its now Tuesday

I mean, it was tweeted on Sunday and formally announced yesterday…so someone at Shrewsbury has leaked something.

Won’t be many left at football clubs at this rate!

He was our Matty Taylor too.

Grew up in Abingdon, went to John Mason School, played in our Centre of Excellence until he was released by Malcolm Elias aged about 15/16. He still lives locally.
Went to school with him - a nice guy (despite his latter career affiliation with Swindon!)

Went to school with him - a nice guy (despite his latter career affiliation with Swindon!)
My son went to school with him too.

Although he was 2 or 3 years younger than Matty he played football with him and his mates at lunchtimes, and they remained friends long after leaving school. Had some very interesting chats with MT about his time at Bolton, West Ham and Portsmouth. A really intelligent guy, far more so than the average footballer.

My son went to school with him too.

Although he was 2 or 3 years younger than Matty he played football with him and his mates at lunchtimes, and they remained friends long after leaving school. Had some very interesting chats with MT about his time at Bolton, West Ham and Portsmouth. A really intelligent guy, far more so than the average footballer.
I’m two years younger than him, so perhaps I’m actually your son Colin.

What a way to find out!

I’m two years younger than him, so perhaps I’m actually your son Colin.

What a way to find out!
Before this gets any further, I'm not giving you pocket money!!!!!

My son's christian name is Liam, by the way, I'm sure you must know him then? He was a very good footballer himself.

Before this gets any further, I'm not giving you pocket money!!!!!

My son's christian name is Liam, by the way, I'm sure you must know him then? He was a very good footballer himself.
Damn. Thought my payday was finally coming in! And yes, small world.

This is all very Royston Vasey. My brother lives in Abingdon and used to work with Matt Taylor’s mum. Still bumps into her fairly often at his local Co-Op. Or at least he used to.

Although Colin has never given me pocket money, he has bought me sweets before.

Back
Top Bottom