OUFC staff and players.....

Hopefully the new King will listen to Tiger when he starts lobbying for the loosening of regulations involving the removal of money from the country.

Totally bizarre and unnecessary. Quite funny though, shame it was our account that tweeted it!

Bizarre yes, but not a major issue in my view. The culture in Thailand is very different than ours, and royalty there are seen as living Gods. I'm not sure it harms us in any way, and is just a sign of respect on behalf of our owner.

On a similar note, I also hope that we've sent an Oxford baby grow to Harry and Meghan!!

Seems rather narcissistic and indulgent in my opinion.

I certainly wouldn’t be tweeting the same about Harry and Meghan if I owned a Thai football club. And clearly disingenuous too as I very much doubt that Mr Mackie and Mr Garbutt gives flying sh1t.

I think it is more about respecting the culture of our owner rather than any political stance.

I personally have no issue with the club showing our owner's culture respect considering the amount of money he has pumped into this club for the last 12 months!

Seems rather narcissistic and indulgent in my opinion.

I certainly wouldn’t be tweeting the same about Harry and Meghan if I owned a Thai football club. And clearly disingenuous too as I very much doubt that Mr Mackie and Mr Garbutt gives flying sh1t.

And what do you do when they play the national anthem at US sports games ? Sit down and chat to your mates ?

It’s clearly a very big issue for Thais having a new King and I guess whilst the people celebrate it, I reckon there is a business culture to publicly announce your company’s support too.

And what do you do when they play the national anthem at US sports games ? Sit down and chat to your mates ?

It’s clearly a very big issue for Thais having a new King and I guess whilst the people celebrate it, I reckon there is a business culture to publicly announce your company’s support too.

Well if I’m in America then I would stand and respect it. If I was in England then it would be irrelevant. I’m not sure on the rather confused point you’re trying to make but it’s seemingly short on logic or relevance to the point I was making

For the record I’m not angry or annoyed by it. I just think it’s bizarre and suggests they’re slightly out of touch with their fan base and staff

Last edited:
Using the US playing/singing the national anthem before their sports fixtures (in their own country) has nothing to do with Oxford United (a L1 football team based in Oxfordshire, England) pledging solidarity to the King of Thailand.

If Tiger et al. want to pledge their allegiance etc. then great but to use the OUFC official social media function is just odd.

Perhaps there is precedent and other foreign owners like the Glazers, Sheik Mansoor or Vincent Tan do the same but I’m not aware of it.

I’m not particularly offended by it or bothered I just find it strange. I actually thought we’d been hacked or it was a spoof account at first.

Who knows, perhaps we’ll see a post on Thursday celebrating the Royal Ploughing Ceremony.

Back
Top Bottom