Players and staff not paid for March

I personally think the KR bashing needs to stop now. I think after the last few days it is clear what he has been up against this season. He has been a spokesmen for the owner on topics that he shouldn’t have to be. His focus should be fully on the footballing side, not whether the staff are going to get paid.

On the subject of the staff and their refusal to work today, I feel it was a day premature. If I was them I would of waited to see if wages were paid today like the club promised. If they hadn’t been paid today then I could completely understand the walk out.
While I'm not his biggest fan I haven't heard anything negative towards KR on match days. Takes some criticism on here but isn't that expected after the up and down season we are having? I think next season if KR does have successful season he will be grateful for the fans showing patience.

You must be over the moon the staff got paid late Kip. Otherwise with 3 wins in a row what would you moan about?
Absolutely over the moon. Glad that the on the pitch form isnt clouding just how bad things are off it. Definitely no need for moaning.

Fair play to Robinson for fronting up and answering questions about the late payments.

However in my view he shouldn’t have to.

It should not be the responsibility of the the head coach/football manager (on match day!) to be defending the actions of the board.

Looked to me like the board were hiding behind the manager. Shameful.

With all the talk about KR appearing to have too much off field/behind the scenes responsibilities, I thought I’d bring up this old thread about the late payment of staff and players back in March 2019.

As I said at the time “It should not be the responsibility of the the head coach/football manager (on match day!) to be defending the actions of the board”

It didn’t feel right at the time, but as has been said when the team is playing entertaining football and we are in and around the playoffs then supporters are prepared to overlook an unbalanced squad and the managers short comings.

Now KR at have been more than happy to be Tiger’s spokesman back then and perhaps that was one of the reasons Tiger employed him because he was willing to be very ‘hands on’, but things on and off the field have moved on since Tiger bought the club.

If as I suspect Neil McWilliams has his hands full with Stratfield Brake then it’s clear we need a DofF or someone who is responsible for getting deals over the line.

Back
Top Bottom