Anindya Bakrie

I don’t know what people expect him to say in an interview, ‘I’m worth billions and I’m going to add millions to the playing budget and secure the services of championship level players!’

If clubs and agents got wind of that it would add a substantial margin to the cost of any player and their wages.

Putting in the media that the budget will remain the same or slightly less than last year is a far better idea.....
That will certainly fool all those canny agents.

I don’t know what people expect him to say in an interview, ‘I’m worth billions and I’m going to add millions to the playing budget and secure the services of championship level players!’

If clubs and agents got wind of that it would add a substantial margin to the cost of any player and their wages.

Putting in the media that the budget will remain the same or slightly less than last year is a far better idea.....

Exactly! We've got the richest boardroom outside of the top half of the PL and still we've got those saying there's nothing to be excited about without every tiny detail!

I'm looking forward to the fans forum on radox on thursday. 55 minutes this time, could we know more then?

Exactly! We've got the richest boardroom outside of the top half of the PL and still we've got those saying there's nothing to be excited about without every tiny detail!

Or, people are saying let's just be a bit cautious until a few more cards are laid on the table.

It's all well and good knowing there's £billions in the volt but pretty pointless if you don't know the combination.

'Every tiny detail'? We have absolutely NO details!
A board doesn't necessarily consist of investors. Investors aren't necessarily on the board.
I don't think we will see ANY substantial investment until some sort of planning for a new stadium (or agreement with Kassam to buy the whole Ozone site) is reached.

Last edited:
The tiny details like paying your bills, they have been here all season and there’s been no indication of their help so far, unless a photo shoot changes our bank balance.

Oh, come on.

“Every tiny detail” - please point me to even the highest level statement about funding OUFC or why they’re here from ET, AB or HG. Anything will do.

5 WUPs and late payment of staff:

'Fans are reading too much into this. Don't be so dramatic. Let's wait until we know the details'

Random Asian businessman posts on Instagram:

'Champions League confirmed. Why aren't fans going absolutely crazy? What more do we need to know?!'

5 WUPs and late payment of staff:

'Fans are reading too much into this. Don't be so dramatic. Let's wait until we know the details'

Random Asian businessman posts on Instagram:

'Champions League confirmed. Why aren't fans going absolutely crazy? What more do we need to know?!'
Hardly random Asian business man!

Does that not include all franchised outlets and all the letting of the building for conferences etc, I mentioning just the football club input.
Stadium and conference centre only.
So some of the £563K will be conferences but certainly not £363K.

Do you really think a couple of billionaires are going to come here to make a few bob.

These sort of men are as ruthless as Kassam.There must be some incentive for them and I'm sure they will have gone through all the options.

Maybe they see us as a Brighton ,Leicester or Bournemouth. If and it's a big If we do get promotion and we buy or move we suddenly become quite an asset.At this stage I can't see them chucking loads of money at us because they can see what has happened to Bolton and Blackburn amongst others.

Let's see what pans out but at this stage things are beginning to look a little more positive

They are here to build a new stadium/sports complex which I guess will not own or gain the revenue from, sound familiar?

They are here to build a new stadium/sports complex which I guess will not own or gain the revenue from, sound familiar?

This is what I'm confused about...these guys are worth billions...how much profit can you make from a bowlplex and hotel?

Stadium and conference centre only.
So some of the £563K will be conferences but certainly not £363K.
So profit from food outlets and bar franchising,
Why I query your figure, that must be close to our net rent and service charge, there is a lot of outlay so it all can’t be profit.

Anything that makes a fourth stand more likely has to be welcomed, and this does. At least we can start to dream again. One outcome that's hard to see happening is the club struggling on in lower League One and failing to pay its bills.

Anything that makes a fourth stand more likely has to be welcomed, and this does. At least we can start to dream again. One outcome that's hard to see happening is the club struggling on in lower League One and failing to pay its bills.

You’d think so.

Back
Top Bottom