Anindya Bakrie

You’ve convinced me, Shaun.

I was mad to expect them to provide us with even the highest level reasoning for their involvement, their objectives and a broad strategy on how they will meet them.

Anyone that expects that is clearly nuts, wants to worst for the club and should be more trusting of billionaires.
Give them a chance.
IF Thohir is buying the club it will take time for the legals to be completed as well as getting the league confirmation.
Ince it us announced (assuming that it is) then let's see what they say.

They’ve been here for over a year.

Big ‘if’ by the way.

Even spending millions doesn’t always gain success so I for one am happy if they’re responsible.

That's the thing though, there's some evidence suggesting they're NOT responsible.

Not all dreams turn out well, true. But at least we can dream with this kind of backing. Better than most clubs.
Even spending millions doesn’t always gain success so I for one am happy if they’re responsible.
One thing’s for sure they’re unlikely to come out and say we’re going to buy the stadium or talk about massive player budgets because that will only push any prices up.
Sit back relax and watch the show!
Yes, I think what ever happens to this club in the coming years won't be to the benefit of the club financially,.
We can hopefully enjoy the football and pay for the privilege of what ever division we are in, we might even get to watch from a new stadium and pay for that privalage, but will any of that make the club any more sustainable or will that be putting the money in the pockets of the owners who financed those projects.

Doesn't sound like there'll be significant news tomorrow judging by the promo tweet for the 55min forum thing from RadOx. No mention of the interviews with board members.

Going back to some of Charlie's old posts, he used to make the point that we are the only professional football club in Oxfordshire, and I think he looked at Brighton as a club coming from a similar fanbase and level. Also the demographics of the population means we have the potential for investment, plus look how many we took to Wembley in recent years.

So I wouldn't call us a sleeping giant, but buying a League 1 club is a lot cheapear than buying a Championship club with all the associated debt.

Going back to some of Charlie's old posts, he used to make the point that we are the only professional football club in Oxfordshire, and I think he looked at Brighton as a club coming from a similar fanbase and level. Also the demographics of the population means we have the potential for investment, plus look how many we took to Wembley in recent years.

So I wouldn't call us a sleeping giant, but buying a League 1 club is a lot cheapear than buying a Championship club with all the associated debt.

He also used to say we would be relegated at Xmas and that roofe was on £4K a week [emoji6]

They’ve been here for over a year.

Big ‘if’ by the way.

Who has been here for over a year? Tiger has but the others have been coming together over this period.

And how big an 'if' is it really that Erick could take over? It would hardly be a surprise!

Yes, I think what ever happens to this club in the coming years won't be to the benefit of the club financially,.
We can hopefully enjoy the football and pay for the privilege of what ever division we are in, we might even get to watch from a new stadium and pay for that privalage, but will any of that make the club any more sustainable or will that be putting the money in the pockets of the owners who financed those projects.
That's pure speculation as well.
The Council appeared to want to be involved in making the ground a community asset.
I assume that the new investors want to make money out of leisure facilities round any new ground. Maybe it could be a win win?
Making the club sustainable of course also costs the owners less and increases the value of the club when eventually they look to sell.
Let's hope Oxvox are open and challenge once it all comes out. They can't take the attitude that whatever happens wont be for the benefit of the club.

Yes whatever people say about Charlie he had had a vision which was ambitious and appeared to be good for the City and club.
Why not aim to be like a Brighton? IF these owners come on board maybe this will be the ambition?

Who has been here for over a year? Tiger has but the others have been coming together over this period.

And how big an 'if' is it really that Erick could take over? It would hardly be a surprise!
Word has it he (Erik) has taken over

Are we abdicating Tiger of his responsibility to tell us a plan now? He is, as far as we know, the owner. Do the others have any equity?

He's been here plenty long enough to tell us more.

Are we abdicating Tiger of his responsibility to tell us a plan now? He is, as far as we know, the owner. Do the others have any equity?

Myles has updated us on the shareholdings of the Singapore company, apart from a BVI company that we don't know who is behind. Don't forget Eales/Ensco hadn't sold their shares so still own a 9.9% holding in OUFC.

Also companies have had to disclose Persons of Significant Control for a number of years, and this is still Tiger.

Last edited:

Could you give me an example of a plan that you'd be happy to hear from Tiger?

Could you give me an example of a plan that you'd be happy to hear from Tiger?
Sure.

I’d like to see broad targets and timescales. For example, Championship football with 3 years, stadium situation resolved within 3 years.

Then I’d like to hear more detail on how they propose to deliver and what significant choices they believe may lie in front of them.

It would be nice to hear more detail on their plans for their marketing, community engagement and supporter liaison activities.

I don’t expect to be kept up-to-date with every single detail and realise that specifics on investment or plans for a new stadium will be confidential until things have been completed.

I don’t think the above is unreasonable and frankly I’m amazed that everyone isn’t demanding to hear from them on these topics.

Eales and Ashton may not have had a plan for the stadium but they came with a plan for how they were going to run us. They communicated that well, for a time.

Do you think that’s an unreasonable request? Would you not feel reassured?

Back
Top Bottom