Anindya Bakrie

There are a lot easier ways to make money, and quicker! The kind of money we’re talking about here, anything they did make would be a drop in the ocean.

Blimey, this is tough going.

Right now you're allowing a positive bias to lead your thought process. Great, I'm happy that you're excited,

However, you're adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 5.

You have zero proof that they will do any of those things. Of course, they could, but, as yet, they haven't.

Here's a scenario.

They promise to do everything on your list, @Scotchegg. Then one day we learn of a planning policy change at either of the Councils and the chance of land development disappears. With it goes the chance to make the sort of money that would interest people who are, apparently, extraordinary wealthy. Think they'll see their promises through?

I would hope, prestige of Oxford, the fun of a run to the the Prem and of course some investment of a new Stadium along the way..

If I have to transfer to Star Trek and put my Spock head on......Them being here is not logical Captain!
Looking at their successful backgrounds, I can't help feel that the University and prestige of the city is an attraction to them.

@Sarge Yes. You're right, successful businessmen are normally not nice people when trying to make more money. But look at Leicester as an example of how a rich businessman can also be a nice guy with the fans and local community.
Oh how I would love to be a fly on the wall in Mr FK's office when he gets this news ?

If nothing was going on, and the WUPs were thought to be a serious issue, then wouldn't Directors be resigning at a rate of knots?

Rather than a new one being appointed?

Of course.

But I find it safer for my state of mind to actually hear it from the horses mouth, rather than making stuff up to be excited about.

While speculating the benifits of wealthy owners/board members and their potential spending power on oufc

A cautionary note .. remember that wealthy fella (!) Who was the owner a decade or so ago .. who is our current landlord....not all wealthy owners turn out to have the best interests of the club in mind

They usually dont make mega money by being 'nice guys' . ... often acumulation of vast wealth comes with ruthlessness

Also, with Tiger at the helm, communication for us mushrooms hasnt been all that from day one.

I'm not sure what Kassam is worth but surely these guys blow him out of the water?

The money Kassam could make from OUFC was pretty substantial for him but as it stands currently, what is really in it for these businessmen?

I'm not sure what Kassam is worth but surely these guys blow him out of the water?

The money Kassam could make from OUFC was pretty substantial for him but as it stands currently, what is really in it for these businessmen?

Well, you have answered your own question. The money Kassam makes from Oxford united is substantial. I would assume they have assessed the situation with that c*** and put together a strategy to rid us of him. They have the money and experience to really put him up against it - something that hasn't been possible before. In terms of wealth, Kassam hasn't got a pot to P**s in compared to these men.

The money Kassam could make from OUFC was pretty substantial but as it stands currently, what is really in it for these businessmen?
I’m wondering the same thing. Surely any potential profits from land deals would still be small fry for people with billions in the bank? And, as others have already said, there are easier ways to make money - these guys have already been there and done that.

I can’t really work out where this is going but do we dare to dream that, after more than our fair share of broken promises, our hopes and dreams will finally come to fruition? Maybe, just maybe, they’re here because they want to own a football club, make it successful and they’ve chosen Oxford because it’s an internationally recognised city?

I’ve a feeling we’re on the brink of something pretty momentous here ??

Not sure where these comments about our new boards combined wealth being able to blow Kassam out of the water come from?

He isn’t just going to roll over and play nicely because they have more money, if anything he might ask for more?

Right now you're allowing a positive bias to lead your thought process. Great, I'm happy that you're excited,

You have zero proof that they will do any of those things. Of course, they could, but, as yet, they haven't.

Here's a scenario.

They promise to do everything on your list, @Scotchegg. Then one day we learn of a planning policy change at either of the Councils and the chance of land development disappears. With it goes the chance to make the sort of money that would interest people who are, apparently, extraordinary wealthy. Think they'll see their promises through?

Do you really think a couple of billionaires are going to come here to make a few bob.

These sort of men are as ruthless as Kassam.There must be some incentive for them and I'm sure they will have gone through all the options.

Maybe they see us as a Brighton ,Leicester or Bournemouth. If and it's a big If we do get promotion and we buy or move we suddenly become quite an asset.At this stage I can't see them chucking loads of money at us because they can see what has happened to Bolton and Blackburn amongst others.

Let's see what pans out but at this stage things are beginning to look a little more positive

Here's a scenario.

You're adding 2 and 2 together and getting 3!

Of course property is very likely to be part of this deal. No one is looking at throwing money our way for charity! But even with your one and only negative scenario we are still no worse off than we'd be without these people on board. It's like having a dice with 0, 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 on. There's a chance we stay where we are, but all other options result in big success.

Looking at their successful backgrounds, I can't help feel that the University and prestige of the city is an attraction to them.
Thohir claimed this was the attraction when he joined. We now have an old boys club United by the same bragging rights.

Not sure where these comments about our new boards combined wealth being able to blow Kassam out of the water come from?

He isn’t just going to roll over and play nicely because they have more money, if anything he might ask for more?

Understand that completely however my point was in response to the comparison with Kassam screwing us over and making decent money.

If these guys were to make any money from the club without investment it would be less than spare change for them.

I'm an arch pessimist when it comes to matters like this but I can't see why these extremely rich and important businessmen would be wasting their time of they aren't willing to invest?

Yes - I'm not sure why people think this will cause Kassam issues. Scenarios appear to be:

1) They agree a price to buy the stadium - FK wins because he can ask for a decent price given their wealth or refuse to sell

2) They fund a new stadium - FK wins because he continues to receive the rent whilst we play at the Kassam and then once we leave levels it and the Council fawn all over him asking if they can build houses on the site. FK then sells the land to a developer for a tidy sum.

Um....that's it?

Back
Top Bottom