Current Player #9 Mark Harris

I used to carry around a picture of an Alba one that I'd cut from a magazine.

I lie. We couldn't afford scissors or magazines.

Better days though, today’s kids with the iPhones will never know the fun that could be had living in grinding poverty.

Better days though, today’s kids with the iPhones will never know the fun that could be had living in grinding poverty.

Exactly. When you could leave your doors unlocked, and nothing had to be any other colour than brown or burnt orange.

The good old days.

Just watched match of the day, there was a discussion about Gabriel Jesus and his lack of goals, conclusion was that what he does in pressing, passing and making space for others was what made him good player.
Harris is the league one Jesus

Definitely becoming a scapegoat. I just hope he gets a league goal soon as I imagine a couple more will follow soon after.
Any time he got the ball yesterday whether it was good play or not, a few people around me would yell - "Get that useless prick off!" "f**k off Harris, you're s**t!"
He missed a chance and "Ooh Gatlin O'Donkor" soon followed. You would expect a better striker to have to got it on target, or at least not snatched at the chance, but Gatlin certainly isn't that striker.

Not the supportive fanbase as hoped earlier in the thread. He needs competition, I really hope we have a good striker lined up for the start of January.

Let's hope Harris is watching the Eastleigh game - McCallum shows how to stretch for a ball hit hard and low across the six yard box....

Let's hope Harris is watching the Eastleigh game - McCallum shows how to stretch for a ball hit hard and low across the six yard box....
Yep and he’s got that former Pompey and Sunderland playmaker Maguire to help
🤔

The Burton game was a good example where Mark Harris had a good game but didn't score, whilst Max Crocombe was the best player on the pitch but conceded 3.

No one is denying that we shouldn't have had more goals from Harris, but he still gives far more than some give credit for.

The Burton game was a good example where Mark Harris had a good game but didn't score, whilst Max Crocombe was the best player on the pitch but conceded 3.

No one is denying that we shouldn't have had more goals from Harris, but he still gives far more than some give credit for.
“There are none so blind as those who will not see”

With the swell of negativity that this forum has gone into in the past 36 hours or so, thought it would be worth highlighting something positive.

I think that after his really well-taken goal against Charlton Harris has had a really good start to the year. Played well and was dangerous the rest of that game and did well I thought feeding off scraps yesterday. A very well taken goal.

We obviously still need attacking reinforcements in this window, but hopefully that goal at the Valley is the confidence boost Harris has needed to kick off a good run of form. Early signs seem good, long may it continue.

Back
Top Bottom