Current Player #9 Mark Harris

Was there any truth in the rumour that Blackpool were interested in signing him last summer? If so, they must be royally hacked off with yesterday’s goal!

It took an age for him to start scoring, now he’s banging them in.
I think many were wondering if he was ever going to get a goal.
At last he is turning all that hard work into goals.
Credit to him.

He started the season quite well. I wonder how much of affect that red card against Port Vale had?

Unlikely as they had already signed Kyle Joseph on a free transfer

Speaking of which, Joseph looked exactly the player I remembered yesterday - big, strong, quick-ish, willing, great movement, a real pain in the a**e for defenders......and almost complete devoid of control or passing ability! If someone could just teach him to trap a ball and play a simple pass, he'd play in the PL!

There was some discussion on this forum before the game about whether people would prefer Harris or Joseph.
Joseph looked to be the same player than we saw last season, very hard working, big and strong.
Harris, to me, did far more if the final third. The Blackpool defence seemed terrified of him. He scored, produced the pass for the McGuane chance and caused the defence all kind of problems. His recent goalscoring seems to have given him more confidence in his all round game.

There was some discussion on this forum before the game about whether people would prefer Harris or Joseph.
Joseph looked to be the same player than we saw last season, very hard working, big and strong.
Harris, to me, did far more if the final third. The Blackpool defence seemed terrified of him. He scored, produced the pass for the McGuane chance and caused the defence all kind of problems. His recent goalscoring seems to have given him more confidence in his all round game.
I’d rather have Harris as a central striker, and Joseph as a winger.

If Harris took our pens (and scores the 6 cam has) he would be on 15 league goals same as colby bishop (scored 6 pens) and 1 behind Alfie may (2 pens) and only 2 goals behind th league top scorer (fair play no pens)

I feel when looking at 20 goal strikers we should consider the pen taker aspect.

I really like Harris, I hope he becomes a branners/moore club stalwart

Last edited:
If Harris took our pens (and scores the 6 cam has) he would be on 15 league goals same as colby bishop (scored 6 pens) and 1 behind Alfie may (2 pens) and only 2 goals behind th league top scorer (fair play no pens)

I feel when looking at 20 goal strikers we should consider the pen taker aspect.

I really like Harris, I hope he becomes a branners/moore club stalwart

He took a lot of stick during his poor spell following his ban, but really pleased he has worked through that and things are falling into place again.

I like him too.

He took a lot of stick during his poor spell following his ban, but really pleased he has worked through that and things are falling into place again.

I like him too.
Well, he took a “lot” of stick from some myopic fans - but many of us actually stuck with him and he’s now showing he’s the player we all hoped he would be.

I think I probably need to reevaluate Harris too. In my opinion, any striker who goes 15 odd games, over about 3 months, without a goal deserves a degree of flak. That said, he’s undoubtedly a good player and clever footballer and with a great work rate.

The Goodrham goal sort of summed him up quite well. Good movement, nice touch past the defender but a poor finish. He looked to me to be taking an extra touch when he should be just sliding it past the keeper. It’s only spilt second thinking but that’s probably the difference.

He’s a far better footballer than Joseph though and over all is having a very good season and making a proper impact.

Mark Harris mentioned in (yet another) article on Wrexham but it's clear his former manager hasn't been following his career too closely. Hopefully it's prophetic..
Screenshot_20240404-130842~2.png

Reckon Harris’ two goals on Monday could be really key coming into this next run of games. Don’t think I’ve ever known a player so streaky - those early goals against Carlisle and Derby, then nothing from mid-august to NYD, then 6 in 7 league games to kick off the new year, and then another drought for nearly two months (no goals v Fleetwood would have made it 10 games on the spin).

Seems the epitome of confidence player, and hopefully that brace v Fleetwood sees him kick off another run like January’s.

Reckon Harris’ two goals on Monday could be really key coming into this next run of games. Don’t think I’ve ever known a player so streaky - those early goals against Carlisle and Derby, then nothing from mid-august to NYD, then 6 in 7 league games to kick off the new year, and then another drought for nearly two months (no goals v Fleetwood would have made it 10 games on the spin).

Seems the epitome of confidence player, and hopefully that brace v Fleetwood sees him kick off another run like January’s.
*cough*

His best game for the club today, in my honest opinion.

And as good as his first goal was (anticipation, touch, composure, finish) I'm curiously even more delighted by his scrappy 2nd - a proper 'strikers's goal'. He made the run, the ball didn't exactly fall kindly, but he got enough connection, and got the goal (so many times previously he's either been behind play or lacking that killer instinct).

His work-rate and fitness have never been in question, but I think he's now learning how to be a genuine striker (the intricacies - the timings, the placings).

Regardless of how this season ends, I'm genuinely glad that we'll have Mark Harris going into next season. Imagine how good he'll look with a little more support...

And as good as his first goal was (anticipation, touch, composure, finish) I'm curiously even more delighted by his scrappy 2nd - a proper 'strikers's goal'. He made the run, the ball didn't exactly fall kindly, but he got enough connection, and got the goal (so many times previously he's either been behind play or lacking that killer instinct).

His work-rate and fitness have never been in question, but I think he's now learning how to be a genuine striker (the intricacies - the timings, the placings).

Regardless of how this season ends, I'm genuinely glad that we'll have Mark Harris going into next season. Imagine how good he'll look with a little more support...
Murphy and Harris are the 2 that Des seems to have improved significantly since he came in.

Yes we’ve had no one getting those poachers goals, a waste of Murphy’s crosses. If Harris is getting better at that we’ve really got a goal threat.

Back
Top Bottom