Current Player #9 Mark Harris

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
The ex Cardiff striker signs a "Long term deal"!

Blackpool were sniffing around, but seems we have p*ssed them off again :ROFLMAO:. And Reading and Derby were reported to be interested.

Last edited:
The ex Cardiff striker signs a "Long term deal"!

Blackpool were sniffing around, but seems we have p*ssed them off again :ROFLMAO:. And Reading were reported to be interested.
Reading were supposedly after him too.

One on the radar for a while but again a great sell by all concerned and bringing the other players in early helps paint the future picture

Another correct call by ECyellow. He’s very quick by all accounts, anyone know if he’s an out-and-out striker? Liking the look of the squad LM is assembling.

He looks like an amazing signing.
A number of clubs clearly wanted him. Has a great record at under senior level.
I am certain a new challenge is exactly what he needs, as he hasn’t been a regular at Cardiff but does score goals

Wearing No. 9 on the video.

Interesting to see that one of the reasons he joined was the players Manning is trying to bring in.

Welcome Mark. I hope you have a successful stay at the club.

LM seems to be selling the club and his plans very well.
By all accounts Manning is absolutely loved across the club. He’s also selling us well externally to hungry, often established players of quality who are at their peak or continuing towards it. That’s six signings of real calibre and potential before the first friendly of pre-season has even taken place. What a breath of fresh air that is on every conceivable level.

A very good signing, always nice to see us sign a player I have watched playing international football

Excellent bit of business by Manning and the team, welcome to Oxford Mark!

He seems to be a great signing and one that ticks a lot of boxes both in terms of what we need in the squad here and now, but also someone who would command a good fee in the future if things work out here.

Based on his goal record before now and the comments from Cardiff fans, I'm not sure he's been signed with the expectation he'll score 20+ goals a season but I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong. I'm sure his goal rate will improve given that he's dropped down a level, and you would also hope that we're relatively a better team in League 1 next season than Cardiff were in the Championship last season, so we'll create more chances. But I suspect we've picked him up for his pace, versatility and because he's likely to be available across the whole season (unlike the likes of Browne and Murphy).

If we can move Wildschut out, get a proper centre forward or two then things will be looking much improved at the top end of the pitch.

Another forward option. You wonder whether this sort of signing perhaps makes the exit door a bit more appealing for the likes of Wildschut and Henry too ... We still need a striker or two though.

Welcome aboard, Mark Harris. Even Nick Harris can't get your name wrong!

Welcome Mark. Enjoy your time with the Yellow Army.

looking forward to seeing Mark Harris play in the number 9 shirt for us, from my new position in the SSU ( Travel blanket across knees and hot soup might be flung in all directions)

Back
Top Bottom