Current Player #30 Owen Dale

I wonder at what point in the next 28 hours Dale will pick up a slight strain that will keep him out of tomorrows game but will be fine by Tuesday?

Will Tim Williams front up and bring clarity to the situation, or will he hide?

Anyone know what happens if league rules have been broken?

Punishments of any sort, or just a slap on the wrist?

You know what?? Dale would of 100% been up for this match, if there was a player to be up for it, it would be him . This situation that has been put in place is non sensical. It favours Blackpool a promotion rival. At the end of the day he's our player now.. weak!!!!!!!!

You mean the entirely over the top reaction? Yes, quite.

I'll bite. Go on then, you tell us all how we should react.

On one hand, you have the Blackpool manager saying that he is an OUFC player and we can use him as we see fit. That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

On the other hand, firstly via our local radio station and now via Buckingham we have been told that there is some kind of agreement with Blackpool whereby our new signing, for which we have paid in excess of £200k for, cannot play against his former side...in a pretty big game in the race for the play offs.

It is confused and muddled and i'd suggest that is symptomatic of how our football club is communicating with us, generally. So whilst not the biggest abomination on the clubs ever growing charge sheet, it is yet another example of how inept we are across the board at Senior Management level.

Pardon me for wanting us to be better.

I'll bite. Go on then, you tell us all how we should react.

On one hand, you have the Blackpool manager saying that he is an OUFC player and we can use him as we see fit. That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

On the other hand, firstly via our local radio station and now via Buckingham we have been told that there is some kind of agreement with Blackpool whereby our new signing, for which we have paid in excess of £200k for, cannot play against his former side...in a pretty big game in the race for the play offs.

It is confused and muddled and i'd suggest that is symptomatic of how our football club is communicating with us, generally. So whilst not the biggest abomination on the clubs ever growing charge sheet, it is yet another example of how inept we are across the board at Senior Management level.

Pardon me for wanting us to be better.
And so it continues.

I’m not here to tell you how to react. I just have an opinion of how the reaction appears to me.

You mean the entirely over the top reaction? Yes, quite.
Will the reaction still be over the top if the EFL hand us a points deduction and fine?
Will you argue then that we were right to honour this B*****s agreement and also say we should accept punishment for breaking rules?

So were both clubs happy to keep the ‘agreement’ under wraps (use a ‘Dale picked up a knock in training’ line for his absence) until Jerome spilled the beans? If so, who told Jerome?

Or did the club deliberately use Jerome to break the bad news to supporters, rather than they do it themselves?

Last edited:
Will the reaction still be over the top if the EFL hand us a points deduction and fine?
Will you argue then that we were right to honour this B*****s agreement and also say we should accept punishment for breaking rules?

If we don’t get a points deduction or a fine, will you post on here saying you overreacted?

For the record, if we have broken rules then we should absolutely accept punishment for breaking rules. The mistakes we would have made were agreeing to break rules and then telling the national broadcaster about it. Twice.

No, I shall be angry, because that would show a real lack of professionalism. If such agreements are punishable, we were absolutely wrong to make one, and should’ve walked from the OD deal if BFC were insistent.

But, it appears to me that the current anger is focussed on the fact that we’re not breaking the agreement, rather than the existence of one.

No, I shall be angry, because that would show a real lack of professionalism. If such agreements are punishable, we were absolutely wrong to make one, and should’ve walked from the OD deal if BFC were insistent.

But, it appears to me that the current anger is focussed on the fact that we’re not breaking the agreement, rather than the existence of one.

No, that is not the case. Certainly not from my perspective. We should not be entering into such agreements in the first place.

All a bit of an over-reaction IMO. Could be a bluff from Des? Anyway, I'm not sure if he's a starter at the moment, maybe bring him on with 10 minutes to go to score an injury time winner!.

Who the f actually brought this up as an issue during "negotiations" in the first place???

Sounds like Critchley might be as out of step with the Senior Management at Blackpool as Des appears to be with the Senior Management at OUFC.

Critchley is (understandably) playing a straight bat on this one. AS far as he's concerned, we met their valuation, the player wanted the move - bish,bash,bosh - everyone's happy (supposedly).

I can't imagine for one moment that we would've instigated the conversation to prevent one of our assets playing against his former club, so maybe the selling club with the most to gain from this "agreement" would like to explain how this jiggery-pokery came about.

Not just walked away, but reported them to the FA/FL for something that looks pretty dodgy and contrary to the rules (or at least an attempt at circumventing them), so they can investigate it properly and discourage others from doing the same in future.

Who the f actually brought this up as an issue during "negotiations" in the first place???

Sounds like Critchley might be as out of step with the Senior Management at Blackpool as Des appears to be with the Senior Management at OUFC.

Critchley is (understandably) playing a straight bat on this one. AS far as he's concerned, we met their valuation, the player wanted the move - bish,bash,bosh - everyone's happy (supposedly).

I can't imagine for one moment that we would've instigated the conversation to prevent one of our assets playing against his former club, so maybe the selling club with the most to gain from this "agreement" would like to explain how this jiggery-pokery came about.

Interestingly the senior management of both clubs are keeping very quiet on the issue, the Head Coaches are therefore having to answer the awkward questions.

I’m not happy with the existence of an ‘agreement’ that is breaking league rules.

We’re now caught between a rock and a hard place.
Break an ‘agreement’ or break league rules.

Back
Top Bottom