Current Player #30 Owen Dale

Welcome to OUFC Owen. I hope you enjoy your spell, and look forward to watching you in the famous yellow and blue.

Buckingham said his preferred formations are 4-3-3 and 3-4-3 and if you recruit properly, you can cover both. Seems like Dale is exactly that player if he's comfortable as a winger and wing-back.

How refreshing that it appears we have a plan and are recruiting towards that plan, rather than cobbling some players together and hoping for the best.

Yay, a winger!
Welcome Owen, may you stay happy and injury-free during your time here before the 2026 fire sale 👀 .

He mentions the away game at Blackpool that’s upcoming, but no confirmation if he can actually play or not.

Surely Blackpool wouldn’t have been stupid enough not to insist on that clause?

He mentions the away game at Blackpool that’s upcoming, but no confirmation if he can actually play or not.

I don't think they can block it under the rules as it is a permanent move. I could be wrong or the club could agree a gentlemen's agreement.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I don't think they can block it under the rules as it is a permanent move. I could be wrong or the club could agree a gentlemen's agreement.

I'm pretty certain that this is not allowed for permanent transfers otherwise clubs could insist on such clauses that could stretch across multiple seasons etc.

Also think Dale would like to get one over them.

Doesn’t sound exactly buzzing that he’s been asked to play left wing back all season when he’s a right winger.

Hope he does play and someone plasters this comment (off the Blackpool forum) on the changing room wall pre-match...

"I very much doubt that this transfer improves Oxford’s squad. If he plays in a couple of weeks it will be a comfortable afternoon for whoever is directly against him".

Hope he does play and someone plasters this comment (off the Blackpool forum) on the changing room wall pre-match...

"I very much doubt that this transfer improves Oxford’s squad. If he plays in a couple of weeks it will be a comfortable afternoon for whoever is directly against him".
Blackpool could do the same to us but with the s**t we say about our own players, because I don’t know any Blackpool players

I'm pretty certain that this is not allowed for permanent transfers otherwise clubs could insist on such clauses that could stretch across multiple seasons etc.
Oh fair enough - good news if so 👍🏻

Des Buckingham signs Des Buckingham

GFP_bdMWgAAllP9

Back
Top Bottom