General 30/03/2023 - KPC meeting

Right from the outset the chair was clearly stating that the meeting was for information only, not decision making. He lied. And, was party to collusion with a grouping with a clearly stated position on the stadium.
Grounds for his removal?

Right from the outset the chair was clearly stating that the meeting was for information only, not decision making. He lied. And, was party to collusion with a grouping with a clearly stated position on the stadium.
Grounds for his removal?
He is an actual disgrace, sitting on information like that, allowing people to speak to them come out with that. Actually a disgrace he is an elected official & I hope he knows he’s shot himself in the foot with that behaviour.

Grounds for his removal?
He tried to stay impartial but his true colours soon came to light once questions to MNW started.
I see this meeting as a positive as it has shown KPC and FOSB up for what they are and they are just anti football fans and a stadium. The fact no one battered an eyelid when it was mentioned that eventually if there is no stadium, houses will be built on the land in the coming years speaks volumes.

Grounds for his removal?

Looks like the complaint needs to be logged with Cherwell District Council as KPC will undoubtedly close ranks:

Screenshot_20230330_220655_Chrome.jpg

He tried to stay impartial but his true colours soon came to light once questions to MNW started.
I see this meeting as a positive as it has shown KPC and FOSB up for what they are and they are just anti football fans and a stadium. The fact no one battered an eyelid when it was mentioned that eventually if there is no stadium, houses will be built on the land in the coming years speaks volumes.
Personally think they shot themselves in the foot massively tonight. People will now see it for what it is and that is a stitch up. The fact that there were only 20 signatures to bring that vote to being probably means that opposition is not that strong and 2 people pulled out during the meeting. The club now has to mobilise and get around the local community about what benefits it will bring for them. Now is the time more than ever to kick FOSB & the like into the long grass & show the majority of locals support this, leave them with nowhere to go.

Looks like the complaint needs to be logged with Cherwell District Council as KPC will undoubtedly close ranks:

View attachment 12692

If you're complaining to the CDC Monitoring Officer, it would be most effective if you can cite which part of the Parish Council's councillor code of conduct most fits what he's done. I'm not following the meeting, and haven't read the code, so can't be more specific, sorry.

Personally think they shot themselves in the foot massively tonight. People will now see it for what it is and that is a stitch up. The fact that there were only 20 signatures to bring that vote to being probably means that opposition is not that strong and 2 people pulled out during the meeting. The club now has to mobilise and get around the local community about what benefits it will bring for them. Now is the time more than ever to kick FOSB & the like into the long grass & show the majority of locals support this, leave them with nowhere to go.
Can there not be a counter vote to stop a poll from being required?

Can there not be a counter vote to stop a poll from being required?
Not that I believe. It was asked in the meeting if this could be done and I believe they said it needed to be brought in advance. Robey mentioned that it was brought to him at very short notice. He’s nowhere near impartial and a total disgrace. Makes me sick we have politicians and elected people who act like that in front of the people they represent. Disgusting behaviour

View attachment 12692

Got to be more than a few Kidlington residents who will have taken exception to the behaviour. It needs a local to make the complaint.

but probably worthless...and it shows that the very people who claim to advocate consultation and democracy will do anything they can to stand in the way of just that

Especially if the question is, as stated on here, ‘Should KPC support the building of the stadium?’

That question is an irrelevance. You could have 100% saying ‘no’ and it would make no difference.

Got to be more than a few Kidlington residents who will have taken exception to the behaviour. It needs a local to make the complaint.
There’s a fair few fans there tonight. You’d think one of them would be on here and would make it. Liam Walker I believe is a kidlington resident & active on Twitter & I believe he was going. I’m sure he would be one to try and mobilise.

Out of interest, how much influence do KPC have in the say of this stadium?
Not much. They would have more weight when objecting to the stadium (either at the county when they're finalising the lease, or when Cherwell determine the planning application) than individuals would. However, parish councils object to developments all the time but development still get approved. I think if they were supportive, it might swing undecided Planning Committee member in favour, but I'm not sure how much parishes objecting to development proposals affects things, because they ruddy always object.

Back
Top Bottom