Home Match Build Up 30/01/2024 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4-0 Pompey and I think a heavy defeat is going to see the first real signs of dissenting voices among the fan base.

I think it's a real shame that DB hasn't managed to keep things going, tomorrow night should have been a great night and one of those that you cannot wait to come around. I will go but it feels like a bit of a nothing fixture, one of those end of season fixtures where we are just drifting along and a big club coming with raucous support and pumped up for the points. Des can talk this up all he likes but he has to carry the can for sucking the wind from our sails - players and fans alike.

Posters on here were saying we were in a false position way before Des came here.
Now we're in the 2nd half of the season it's beginning to show...it would been the same with the snake here.
There was a definite momentum and feel good factor before Manning left. It has just been a steady decline since then which you cannot blame all on injuries.

Another defeat - and resignation among many of the fans that this season is a mid-table finish.

Posters on here were saying we were in a false position way before Des came here.
Now we're in the 2nd half of the season it's beginning to show...it would been the same with the snake here.
Sorry can’t agree with that. For all our injuries, at least Manning could adapt and the players understood what they needed to do. Possibly we were punching above our weight, but at least Manning and Hogg could see a problem and get the players to react. Dez just appears dazed at time on the touch line, he is desperate for a ‘Hogg’ type assistant. you Rarely see him in long discussions with Shorty and CH. Manning may well have gone for Cumming seeing as he knew him, would he have given away so many silly goals. I think not, the defence would have been drilled far better than they are now. Can’t see past a defeat tomorrow, tbh anything less than a one goal difference, could well be a triumph.

If we win it'll be a small miracle. I left it till late to decide whether to go to the Barnsley game last week and didn't, which was the right move.

Same this week?

As much as I’m frustrated with the decision from day one to appoint Buckingham, I can’t understand people choosing not to go to the match if they possibly can. Supporting Oxford has always been taking the rough with the smooth and it’s always been more of the former.
Therefore, I’ll be going and cheering as per usual although I am dissatisfied as many of us has a right to be but if going will give an extra percentage point to the players motivation that could secure a win or draw then I’m happy to go and help and we as supporters do make a difference, especially at home.

As much as I’m frustrated with the decision from day one to appoint Buckingham, I can’t understand people choosing not to go to the match if they possibly can. Supporting Oxford has always been taking the rough with the smooth and it’s always been more of the former.
Therefore, I’ll be going and cheering as per usual although I am dissatisfied as many of us has a right to be but if going will give an extra percentage point to the players motivation that could secure a win or draw then I’m happy to go and help and we as supporters do make a difference, especially at home.
You fool. Don’t you know that not going and telling everyone about it is the way to truly support the team?

Get with the times, old timer.

Would love to be proved wrong but just can't see anything other than a pasting based on recent performances. We're so predictable and easy to play against by just pressing us a little and we'll just crumble.

It will never catch on

Nice to see all of the pessimists posting.
Remember Pompey fans see us as a bit of a bogey team.
2-1 to us

For me it isn't necessarily the losing that's the issue, it's a combination of that and the fact the football is pretty boring to watch anyway.

You only want to go if we win? Supporting a small lower league club will always involve lots of defeats and disappointment
I'm fine with defeats and disappointment, the part I struggle with is the boredom. We really are a dull team to watch.

That combined with the fact it's a tuesday night and there's a high likelihood we lose, I think the attendance will be pretty poor considering it's Pompey.

Back
Top Bottom