Home Match Day Thread +++ 28/4/2018 OUFC v Rochdale Match Day Thread +++

Wonder if some of our players know they aren't going to be here next season. Obika, Thomas etc so will either a. Not care. B. Play to impress others. I'm going for a Rochdale
Win. Always get predictions wrong so I'm doing us a favour.

Need Napa on the bench

Winning this one tomorrow. Will take 3-1 with goals from Ruffels, Henry and Rothwell. Can’t remember but seem to think that Ruffels had a bet on Twitter at the start of the season that he would score 10. He needs to get a wiggle on if so..

I have to say I’m a tad concerned after listening to the iPlayer preview interviews that the emphasis seems to be about us needing one point to survive. Yes I know Todd Kane has said that everyone will be professional and give it their all but I think the message should have been along the lines of ‘Yes we’ve f#cked up this season and it’s the last game in front of our long suffering fans in our stadium and it’s a chance of some redemption by getting the three points. We’ll bust our guts to do it for the supporters’

Or am I being a bit harsh..?
No you’re not, that’s the minimum requirement.

I think we'll have a nervous first half without goals. Then click into gear for the second half scoring twice in front of the east stand.
COYY!!!!

I shall be supporting Northampton and Donny Rovers to win or draw today, Then we are 100% sure of staying up. Also Wigan to win, as Wombles would then need a good 6 or 7 goal difference swing for us to go down.
Oh, or even easier for my brain to cope with, a draw or win by us!!!!!!!!!!!!
COYY

A blast from the past - the last home match of a disappointing 2012-2013 campaign.

U’s 3 - 0 ‘Dale

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage/fixture/2013-04-20/

In relation to that first goal, one of the funniest posts I've seen on this forum was after Ryan Taylor scored an overhead kick against Rochdale (last season?) and someone said, yeah, good goal, but it's only the second best overhead kick scored by a ginger for OUFC against Rochdale!

Really hoping safety is guaranteed today. Don't fancy going into the last game needing anything. 1-1 Henry

I shall be supporting Northampton and Donny Rovers to win or draw today, Then we are 100% sure of staying up. Also Wigan to win, as Wombles would then need a good 6 or 7 goal difference swing for us to go down.
Oh, or even easier for my brain to cope with, a draw or win by us!!!!!!!!!!!!
COYY

Why?
Just support OUFC and it's in our hands!

According to todays OM Nelson isn’t in the match day squad and yet he’s fit. Mistake on their part I hope?

I don’t think we will go down if we lose both games, 53 is enough to stay up this season for me looking at what is still to be played this season.

So not quite as hyped for this as everyone else, still fancy us to get something, people always go on on about teams really needing a win getting a result but those results only stick in the mind because they are memorable, plenty of times poor teams struggle with the pressure and it hinders there performance.

If we keep it tight against Rochdale early like we have in recent games they will have to come at us later on, can see us catching them as they tire late in for a 1-0 win.

Wimbledon and Walsall have a game in hand so if they both lose and Oldham some how win were not safe.
Got carried away there. I stand corrected. WOW is still worth following today though. And if Oldham lose again we're home and hosed.

Think both teams will be happy to get to HT at 0-0 and if other results are going Rochdales way they may all end up sitting in the centre circle swapping make up ideas. 0-0 all over it

Feeling quite relaxed about the game today.
If we put in the same hard working performance as we have done recently we will have too much for Rochdale.
2-0 to the u’s
COYY

It's about time we gave someone a good spanking. I feel that day could be today. 4-0 Oxford, obtaining safety in style and capped off with a conga in the East Stand from the 80th minute onwards. UTM!

I'd be over the moon with a point but I'm not expecting anything from today. Rochdale have won 4 of their last 5 away without conceding and have done ok in recent weeks so have a bit of momentum. We'll stay up but I dont think we'll get another point this season I'm afraid.

Learn the lessons from this season and then forget all about it and start afresh next season.

Back
Top Bottom