Home Match Day Thread 28/10/2023 L1: OUFC v Wycombe Wanderers

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
REF WATCH

Dy6gTVwWwAEtESl

Experienced Durham whistler Seb Stockbridge is the man in the middle for today’s big match against Wycombe Wanderers.
Stockbridge officiated his first EFL fixture in March 2013 and took charge of the U’s for the first time in November 2015 in a 1-0 win at Hartlepool United.

Last season Stockbridge awarded United a last gasp spot kick at Hillsborough but Josh Murphy’s effort was saved. His last Oxford match was the eventful 0-1 home defeat to Bolton in April where he took centre stage for not sending off Trotters ‘keeper James Trafford who recklessly took out U’s forward Kyle Joseph who was clean through on goal. He issued seven yellow cards that day.

In January 2022 Stockbridge harshly dismissed United on-loan midfielder Herbie Kane in a 0-2 defeat at Sincil Bank, Lincoln.

This season he has taken charge of 12 matches issuing 58 yellow cards and a red card to Wigan central defender Charlie Hughes in August.

His last Wycombe Wanderers fixture was the Chairboys 2-0 win at Doncaster in October 2021.

Last edited:
Big game today. Feeling slightly deflated after the last week but we know we can play and have plenty of quality.

Need a few people to really step up. Harris hasn't looked the same player he was before the suspension, but we know he can play.

I would start one of Murphy or Tyler and bring Mills off the bench. I think Mills has been more impressive coming into a game later on.

I would go with a 4-2-3-1 and either start Leigh on the left wing or bring him on later in the game. I think the wing back formation isolates Harris and against Wyconbe I can see him getting bullied if we play it.

Hopefully we can get an early goal and they have to come at us.

Hoping for a big reaction from the team we need much more energy and togetherness. Tuesday night looked like a team of individuals.

Tough game ,time for a performance Bodin at top Rodriguez hopefully clicking .We need more energy going forwards Mills ,Leigh important today create those chances 4-0 back on track.

Hoping Brannagan is fit and raring to go. We need him back.
Illness throughout the squad has certainly made it more challenging but other players should step up to the challenge.
This is almost a must win against a bogey team

Think it's important Harris comes out of the starting lineup today, he was stupid to be sent off the way he was, and he's done nothing to earn his place back since.

Bodin was excellent in Harris' absence, contributing massively, and the team as a whole found a superb rhythm and were scoring for fun, and Harris should not have just walked back into the side like he did, he should've been made to earn it, especially after such a stupid red card in the first place.

Would be happy for him to prove me wrong today, but he's been poor since his return, and in my opinion should be dropped to the bench, with Bodin taking his place.

Must win game today, if we want to keep some daylight between us and the chasing pack.

Hoping Brannagan is fit and raring to go. We need him back.
Illness throughout the squad has certainly made it more challenging but other players should step up to the challenge.
This is almost a must win against a bogey team
He’s always raring to go.
But he’s not fit.

I’m just hoping we try and play for 90+mins rather than play like an away team e.g. get a goal then spend the rest of the game trying to hold onto it, especially at home!!

Hopefully Manning has learnt his lessons!!

yes let's get at them and hopefully up the energy levels for more than one half.

I’m just hoping we try and play for 90+mins rather than play like an away team e.g. get a goal then spend the rest of the game trying to hold onto it, especially at home!!

Hopefully Manning has learnt his lessons!!
To be fair, I think rather than us simply getting a goal up and trying to hold onto it, it was more a case of us not putting the game out of sight in the first half, when we were clearly the better team, and were creating opportunities that we didn’t make the most of.

Blackpool took encouragement from that, and simply upped their level in the 2nd half, took the game to us, and we struggled to deal with it.

We need to be more aggressive and ruthless and finish teams off as early as possible.

Back
Top Bottom