Home Match Build Up 28/10/2023 L1: OUFC v Wycombe Wanderers

Who will win?

• Total voters

Malc

Staff member
The Chair Boys are coming to town.
I wonder if they have leant any new tricks to waste time?

Totally agree. and gives us the added bonus of pace on the bench. I really REALLY want Murphy to score. Cant wait to see his reaction. His reaction when he assists is ace, so imagine when he scores.
I would love Murphy to get a goal I think his confidence would go through the roof if he started scoring.... As for the ref well you know 😔

That first decision is obviously wrong but - and I'm being unduly kind here - even the best of us miss the obvious sometimes. That second decision, on the other hand, is provably wrong and he has time to correct it. The fact he doesn't reveals arrogance I think.
Definitely, he is arrogant. I’ve seen him smirk when he’s given decisions against us over the last few seasons. Obviously can’t be proven but has something against Oxford & is an awful referee.

I see we’ve reached “Josh Murphy starting in a vital game against a notoriously difficult opponent would be a good move” levels of nonsense.

You mad bastards xx
You don't know it wouldn't work though do you? I just wish Yanic was still here to play on the other wing, he lost all that weight over the summer for nothing.

You don't know it wouldn't work though do you? I just wish Yanic was still here to play on the other wing, he lost all that weight over the summer for nothing.
Yeah we should definitely change absolutely nothing and just keep the same team which started against Wigan. I’m sure Wycombe of all people won’t think to sit deep, soak up our possession and hit us on the break like Wigan did!!

Yeah we should definitely change absolutely nothing and just keep the same team which started against Wigan. I’m sure Wycombe of all people won’t think to sit deep, soak up our possession and hit us on the break like Wigan did!!
Absolutely no worries about mixing things up, we've been too slow recently. I just don't get the hype around Murphy who has shown absolutely nothing to justify it since he's been here. Manning has been here seven and a half months now and clearly doesn't trust him so I suspect he's not pulling up many trees in training as well as producing next to nothing in his time on the pitch. We've got Edwards and Browne missing and last week Murphy was still the second winger put on after giving Stevens a go playing there, I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped out the squad when we get players back.

This isn't me not supporting him either. If he starts or comes on he'll have my full vocal backing and if he plays a blinder I'll be straight on here praising him for it. I just don't understand what people have seen to think that's a likely outcome.

Absolutely no worries about mixing things up, we've been too slow recently. I just don't get the hype around Murphy who has shown absolutely nothing to justify it since he's been here. Manning has been here seven and a half months now and clearly doesn't trust him so I suspect he's not pulling up many trees in training as well as producing next to nothing in his time on the pitch. We've got Edwards and Browne missing and last week Murphy was still the second winger put on after giving Stevens a go playing there, I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped out the squad when we get players back.

This isn't me not supporting him either. If he starts or comes on he'll have my full vocal backing and if he plays a blinder I'll be straight on here praising him for it. I just don't understand what people have seen to think that's a likely outcome.
For me it’s more - who else do we play there tomorrow? Mills has earned his place on the right wing, although he will tire. On the left we could play Bodin, Goodrham or Mills. If Bodin replaces Harris up front then I think Murphy deserves a start over Goodrham. Why not?

I agree though, I’d take a fit Edwards or Browne over any of those!

Beadle long Moore Brown. Leigh. Macechran mcguane. Branagan Rodrigues Mills. Harris

It’s all about how good you are as a team and how you are coached in the most general of terms.
Modern football is about replicating scenarios many times throughout the week and giving yourself the best statistical chance of producing on a match day. Manning will choose whoever is producing the best outcomes between match days in line with the way he wants to play.
If we play well and get back to being ruthless, we will win regardless of how good the Wycombe game plan is.

And who exactly are we going to go 'long' to? One of our big, bustling forwards I guess!
Watching the Palace v Spuds and the Palace keeper for long. But with your point about size or our strikers then we need to use the midfield more to go forwards. The opening game at Cambridge they used their midfiled to good effect and hit forward quickly whereas we spend anything up to 5 mins passing side wats and back it seems like we’re devoid of ideas when the play says we should attack more.

If you throw a turd at a wall enough times it’ll eventually stick. Tomorrow could be that day.

I just don't get the hype around Murphy who has shown absolutely nothing to justify it since he's been here. Manning has been here seven and a half months now and clearly doesn't trust him so I suspect he's not pulling up many trees in training as well as producing next to nothing in his time on the pitch.

You're not supposed to say that, Joey. You know you're not supposed to say that.

Not a huge amount we can really change in terms of personnel from Tuesday. Harris isn't suddenly going to become Pele, and James Henry is still doing his bit in the changing room.

I'd agree, I'm tempted to start Murphy just for "something" different.

Not hopeful, but hoping.

Back
Top Bottom