Away Match Day Thread 26/01/21 L1 - Rochdale V OUFC

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We agree to disagree.
A season is 46 games. No way in my view can you be in a relegation dog fight after what 12 games?
And the contributors comment was that we WERE in a relegation battle not could be.

After 10 games my doubts started to creep in, and based on form up to that point I really did think that we could be in quite a battle to avoid a relegation fight.

Too early, possibly yes, but likewise it is too early to talk of a play off place, but that doesn’t stop us hoping and dreaming.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha - I spent the whole match sorting out paperwork, submitting today, with luck ;)

I will never understand why people leave their Tax Return so late.

Only a few days to budget for any tax due 🤪😉

Some great goals last night from both sides but we don’t need too many games like that. Fancy leaving your self assessment till last night with a game like that going on, luckily I finished mine on Monday night.

Great game, great win that'll live long in the memory. Credit to Rochdale for their style of play. No point moaning about defending, chest games just happen every now again.

(The night slightly soured by unnecessarily wearing the away kit)

A fair match report I think:

Very fair though perhaps slightly odd in describing Obita as one of our three most dangerous players !!!

Great game, great win that'll live long in the memory. Credit to Rochdale for their style of play. No point moaning about defending, chest games just happen every now again.

(The night slightly soured by unnecessarily wearing the away kit)
It was a great game and we needed the three points to stay in the coat tails of the top six.

The alternative kits are used often even when unnecessary. I thought for marketing purposes, but the white kit (our third shirt) is no longer even available to buy. Do we ever wear our second kit, the orange?

Got in from work knackered delivering. I knew we had scored twice because papajohns texted me lol.. score twice half price.. So was hoping we won. I opened sky sports app with vidprinter then the next second Goal 90+2 shodipo 3-4 Oxford Utd.

Yaaaaaaaaasssss. Coyyyyy. Felt instantly better.

What a result.
Let’s cut to the chase - did you get the pizza?

Just seen highlights. Looked like our worst defensive display for weeks ...... but we got it out of our system and escaped with three points.

We always get a decent football game v Rochdale. Obviously they aren't getting results right now but playing as they do you'd hope they get some success. Enjoyed their write up of the game too, again they aren't so partisan as to not acknowledge Oxford's input into the game. Decent team and club all round

Now that the dust has settled and we’ve all come back down to earth, a couple of points.

That game should have been a draw. Like the Swindon game it was a ‘keeper howler that decided it. We did well to pounce when we did but it should be seen as a couple of bonus points rather than celebrated as a barnstorming performance.

The fixture list has been kind in recent weeks. I’d love to see how good we really are by having another crack at Lincoln and Hull and the like. Let’s hope that we’re in a good run of form when we come to play them later in the season.

From the moment their keeper muffed the clearance to the players piling on Mide everything else in the world didn't matter. For just a few seconds there was no COVID, no stress about family or work, no wondering about home schooling, no thoughts about playing behind closed doors. Just that moment and the ball sailing into the night towards the goal. And for that we should always be thankful.

Football eh? Bloody hell...

Back
Top Bottom