Away Match Day Thread 26/01/21 L1 - Rochdale V OUFC

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just watched the goal cam footage and I'd be disappointed with their keeper for three of our goals if I were a Rochdale fan. No chance with Moore's but skow to get moving with Agyei's, miskick for Shodders' goal, and he seems to bottle Henry's shot and pulls his hand away even though it was dead central.

Footage:
There was a bit of swerve on Henry's shot.

Just watched the goal cam footage and I'd be disappointed with their keeper for three of our goals if I were a Rochdale fan. No chance with Moore's but skow to get moving with Agyei's, miskick for Shodders' goal, and he seems to bottle Henry's shot and pulls his hand away even though it was dead central.

Footage:

For Henry's stunner, the keeper was beaten by the pace and power of the shot for me. I think the ball was already past him at the point you are talking about from that coverage and watching the match+main highlights but could be wrong.

Henry's is no doubt a great strike, but let's not pretend like we wouldn't be furious if our keeper had let that past him. You would expect any goalkeeper in the top four or five leagues to stop anything from that distance hit that centrally, regardless of how hard it was struck.

Henry's is no doubt a great strike, but let's not pretend like we wouldn't be furious if our keeper had let that past him. You would expect any goalkeeper in the top four or five leagues to stop anything from that distance hit that centrally, regardless of how hard it was struck.
Disagree. It's the fact he's taken the keeper by complete surprise by having a pop from there. And of course it's gone like an absolute rocket. I don't think he even saw it.

There are absolutely NO grounds or conditions on which I'd ever accept a loss to that lot.
Two legged European semi-final. Oxford win the first leg 1-0 at the Kasstad; Swindon are 2-0 up in the last minute of the 2nd leg only for the mighty Yellows to score with the last kick of the game and go through to the final on away goals and shatter Wiltshire dreams.

OK, I've woken up now :)

Respectfully disagree.

Let’s not undermine what a great goal that was in terms of accuracy, power and taking their keeper by utter surprise.

I’d expect our keeper to try and stick something in the way of that shot. Try being the operative word.
Absolute howitzer, even now the keeper’s still thinking it was 3-3 because he never saw that one go in.

Footage:
I wouldn't apportion too much blame for the first goal but any half-decent keeper would probably have stopped Henry's shot and the fourth one was all down to him.

From the moment their keeper muffed the clearance to the players piling on Mide everything else in the world didn't matter. For just a few seconds there was no COVID, no stress about family or work, no wondering about home schooling, no thoughts about playing behind closed doors. Just that moment and the ball sailing into the night towards the goal. And for that we should always be thankful.

Football eh? Bloody hell...

Goals are always better when you've had a bit of time to see them coming. Just those few seconds for the anticipation to build.

Last night, you knew it was on as soon as the keeper scuffed his clearance. The adrenaline starts to flow whilst Mide takes a touch, hits it and the ball arcs in the air - and then the balls hits the back of the net and it's mayhem.

It's why I don't think I'll ever have a better football-watching experience than Alfie's goal at Wembley. That was what, a full 10-12 seconds between Rhys Day's header and the ball hitting the back of the net? In the most important game for two decades as well!

I don't think you can really blame the keeper for our first three goals. Agyei's shot was powerful and into the corner, through some players who may have unsighted the keeper. Henry's was just a ferocious hit that the best keepers in the world may have got fingertips to.

Thought that was Gorrin’s worst performance of the season last night

I was thinking the same in the first half, but I think it's the fact he was having to play alongside Hanson. He needs the freedom to move across the backline.

I was thinking the same in the first half, but I think it's the fact he was having to play alongside Hanson. He needs the freedom to move across the backline.
He didn't have a great second half as he gave the ball away very easily on quite a few occasions. Definitely, nowhere near his best performance.

They are loving Curran. They do like their weird signings such as competition winners though.
Looking through part of their thread it’s a car of “ the natives are getting restless “ and their signing of the Norwich youngster he’s out of his depth is the feeling

As the ball comes to shodipo you can clearly hear someone shout ‘shoot’.
That was a really good early call.

Back
Top Bottom