Home Match Day Thread +++ 25/9/18 OUFC v Manchester City Match day thread+++

Man Utd losing 2-1. :LOL:

Edit: Fellaini equalises.:giggle:

Edit 2: Derby beat Man Utd 8-7 on penalties after Phil Jones misses. Mourinho is unhappy. :LOL:

Last edited:
Not sure what we gained from that apart from getting knackered. We were chasing shadows for 90 minutes.
Was you expecting a close game with is having more possession? Teams in the premier don't have more than 30/40% against city let alone a struggling league one side. You can't honestly tell me baptiste didn't learn anything playing in a midfield against the likes of Silva, gundogan and foden?

Better than I expected. Thought we looked pretty solid defensively, bar Long but seemed like KR chucked him in the deep end anyway. I thought Baptiste stood out (again) + Whyte looked dangerous.
Without wanting to repeat what I read on here five times a day, we need a ST. Beeks had a great chance to score from that throw in after the GK missed it, just didn't look like he wanted to attack the ball. I know he was offside but terrible effort when 1-on-1 first half.
Hopefully Brannagan's knock wasn't serious + hopefully tonight's performance will give us a boost for Saturday.

Was you expecting a close game with is having more possession? Teams in the premier don't have more than 30/40% against city let alone a struggling league one side. You can't honestly tell me baptiste didn't learn anything playing in a midfield against the likes of Silva, gundogan and foden?
No. I was expecting at least 1 shot on target.

Better than I expected. Thought we looked pretty solid defensively, bar Long but seemed like KR chucked him in the deep end anyway. I thought Baptiste stood out (again) + Whyte looked dangerous.
Without wanting to repeat what I read on here five times a day, we need a ST. Beeks had a great chance to score from that throw in after the GK missed it, just didn't look like he wanted to attack the ball. I know he was offside but terrible effort when 1-on-1 first half.
Hopefully Brannagan's knock wasn't serious + hopefully tonight's performance will give us a boost for Saturday.

Thought Long had a very good game considering his lack of playing time this season.

On way back to Cornwall now... I don't care what anyone says I was proud of that shift they all put in then. We had Man City only 1 nil up til the 78th minute. Yes of course we were chasing shadows etc what did you bloody expect was gonna happen? They threw their bodies in front of everything and were beaten by an absolute world class side.

Non stop singing for 90 mins.

Not one negative for me. Well apart from the dicks next to me in oxford mail stand who started a fight ffs. That was embarrassing.

Apart from that I don't think I'll ever enjoy a 3 nil defeat so much in my life.

Chuffed with that. A respectful but competitive performance from us, didn't kick, didn't cheat, tried to play the right way and got beaten by a far, far, far better team. The sort of performance that should help us build on the season.

My only gripe is how well we defended. I wish I'd seen that level of organisation in other home games as we'd be in a far better league position than we are now.

Did KR give an interview tonight - and can anyone please give a synopsis here?

• React
Reactions: Ian
Totally agree. Great experience for the youngsters playing against some of the best players in the World.
I thought that generally we defended well. Whyte looked dangerous and Baptiste had a really good first half (as somebody said the other day he runs out of steam later on)
They are a fantastic team and the speed they scored the second when we had a period of pressure was ridiculous.

Thought Long had a very good game considering his lack of playing time this season.
Thought he was ok, caught out a few times positionally (e.g. first goal), just think it's a shame that that had to be his first game. Hopefully continues to get mins + improve.

Great fun! We were really competitive apart from obvs never having a sniff of a goal. Long did well, why did we bother signing McMahon?

Just got back home. Thought we did very well defensively, and were very compact! A bit of a sloppy goal to give away, and an over the top celebration. What he was praying for I have no idea.

We had some nice passages of play, and knocked it about well, but without anything at the end of it. Holmes got a chance but dragged it wide. We came forwards looking adventurous, and got caught out to a cracking breakaway goal. I don’t think 3-0 flattered them. They were well worth it, and don’t think they got out of first gear. All in all a very decent effort and very proud.

Back
Top Bottom