Away Match Day Thread 25/11/2023 L1: Cheltenham Town v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Des has left behind melting Mumbai and starts his English managerial career at cold Cheltenham.

COYY!!!

notwithstanding all the confusion over Moore’s card status, I’d like him on the bench for this one. Even if he is only on 4 yellows, I don’t want him risking picking up a yellow and being suspended for Bolton. Thorniley and Negru should be more than adequate stand-ins.

Think this’ll be closer than many seem to assume it will be, but I do think it’ll be a win. 2-1, Bodin Rodrigues.

REF WATCH

Stoke based Sales Director Scott Simpson, 34 is the man in the middle for today’s clash in the Cotswolds with Cheltenham Town.
Simpson was appointed to the National List in the summer of 2023. This season he has refereed 14 matches issuing 69 yellow cards and five reds
including eight cautions in one L2 match. Today will be just his third L1 fixture of the campaign.

F940LCTWEAA222r

PLAYED FOR BOTH

FIYc_3fXEAcaGdV

Includes Kyle Joseph, Liam Sercombe, Johnny Mullins, Kemar Roofe, Daniel Crowley, Charlie Raglan, Sam Smith, Luke Garbutt,
Matt Green, Asa Hall, Rob Dickie, Julian Alsop,Tyrone Barnett, Ken Skeen, Tony Jones, Bud Houghton and many more.

They will make it tough for us they are playing totally different. But we are playing well let's hope its a day when we have chances and we Bury them. Harris deserves a goal 3-1 COYY's

Nervous about this one, Cheltenham today are very different from 4 weeks ago. Let's hope our lads have taken to Des and they keep up the barnstorming start to the season.

Long shot but if anyone ends up with 2 adult tickets spare, that can be collected at Cheltenham, please give me a shout this morning!

D Day!!!!!!!!

Good luck Des. Here's hoping for the hard fought win we all Desire:

Cheltenham Town 0 - Oxford United 2.

Here's also hoping for a big Middlesbrough win today. I make no apologies for feeling bitter about the recent
Despicable situation. Bitter about Manning, bitter about Lansdown and bitter about Bristol City. History is on our side though. Charles Dickens, no less, wrote in A Tale of Two Cities (obviously referring to Oxford and Bristol) "It is a far far BITTER thing that I do than I have ever done".

What’s the parking like by the ground? Any suggestions?
Parklands community centre. Open to away support, serves food and booze and has a car park. I believe it charges £4 or £5 to park and you get a discount on your first drink (as per our last visit.) Just a few minutes walk from the away end.
Google maps Wyman's Rd, Cheltenham GL52 5PR

Back
Top Bottom