Away Match Day Thread 25/10/2022 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who in the media is saying that? Sorry, not questioning its been said, just havent seen it yet myself and want to see what i've missed
they were talking about it on the morning show on radio oxford and repeating the goals from Saturday with clips of asking Robinson about being under pressure. cant remember them doing anything like that before.

Don't think so. Reckon mid November will be the crunch date for Robinson
Why wait for the inevitable ? It would be to late to bring in a replacement who would be able to gauge the players and the players we need in January.

Portsmouth colours - blue shirts, white shorts, red socks
Oxford colours - yellow shirts, blue shorts, blue socks
So no colour clash

So why are we playing white shirts, white shorts, white socks = colour clash with shorts. Unless we wear blue shorts. In which case may as well wear yellow shirts.
Back in the day you only changed to an away kit if we clashed It was ludicrous at Plymouth why we didn’t wear Yellow and blue

Ah yes but that's not what is happening from certain quarters,it's got personal. If you approach a game with a negative Mindset where you want the Manager removed and even in some cases are happy to see us lose how can that be justified?

Very few of the outers could bring themselves to acknowledge we blew Exeter away, preferring to talk about 2 late goals conceded, yet when we are banging at the Posh door we hear they had control of the game and sat back.

never in the best part of 60 years following Oxford have i seen fans wanting a defeat and virtual every thread taken over with the same rhetoric because the Owners haven't bowed to their opinion.

For as long as a player, manager etc are part of our club they deserve our support No?

if that is not the case at least don't wish for a defeat.
Don't disagree however at what point do we have to change management. Fingers crossed for a win tonight

Why wait for the inevitable ? It would be to late to bring in a replacement who would be able to gauge the players and the players we need in January.
Because Bazzer (as Greavsie used to say) it’s a funny old game.
This won’t happen but we could go on a ten game winning run

If you approach a game with a negative Mindset where you want the Manager removed and even in some cases are happy to see us lose how can that be justified?
Short term pain for a potentially long term gain, if that means us getting spanked 4-0 by Portsmouth so the money men will put Robinson out of his misery and allow us to recruit a good manager with the time and funds to strengthen in January then I’m all for it

What is the alternative? Oxford win a scrappy game tonight, followed by picking up a few points along with a few losses, Robinson limps on in his job and gets to January to buy the best left ever seen in the physios room, I’m good thanks, I want to be excited about coming using my ST

Managers need to lose games to lose their job, if you believe Robinson has reached his peak with us then I completely get your desire to see a heavy loss just to kill off any hopes KR had of sticking around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom