Away Match Day Thread 25/10/2022 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been told many different things over the last 24 hours, but understand that can now call their ticket office (0345 646 1898) to reserve a ticket for collection.
Picked it up from someone on FB who said he contacted OUFC and the Pompey ticket office and allegedly was told that by Pompey

I have got a weird feeling we might get something tonight. Never good as it's always the hope that kills you.

Picked it up from someone on FB who said he contacted OUFC and the Pompey ticket office and allegedly was told that by Pompey
We spoke to the ticket offices yesterday and today and this is latest info. Pompey ticket office taking phone reservations.

Sorry being negative this will be a defeat, thank for I got two red lines on my test this AM so now I won’t be going although I wish I didn’t have two red lines.
Not the only ones not making it down this evening. We got half way down the A34 when the car started to misfire and blinking engine management light. Turned around and limped back to base. Cost us the tickets and the hotel we'd booked (and paid for) We're meeting friends in Chichester tomorrow so we'll set off again in Mrs L's car while my new (second hand) Jag goes off to the garage to run a diagnostic. Already ran my machine and it's coming up with dodgy spark plugs and/or coils amongst other stuff. Not happy, only delivered two weeks ago, still under guarantee but, back to base for repairs - 90 bloody miles away!

The omens are, we're doomed, doomed, I tell you!

Not the only ones not making it down this evening. We got half way down the A34 when the car started to misfire and blinking engine management light. Turned around and limped back to base. Cost us the tickets and the hotel we'd booked (and paid for) We're meeting friends in Chichester tomorrow so we'll set off again in Mrs L's car while my new (second hand) Jag goes off to the garage to run a diagnostic. Already ran my machine and it's coming up with dodgy spark plugs and/or coils amongst other stuff. Not happy, only delivered two weeks ago, still under guarantee but, back to base for repairs - 90 bloody miles away!

Omenswise I think that indicates a win, though it would make the story extra bitter for you

14-1 for an OUFC win from behind.

So, Portsmouth One-Nil up at the break and then they will face our great vengeance and furious anger - cos if they don't, someone else will......

Hope you get it sorted mate

As always, I've got the buzz for tonight's game and my heart says we've got a chance. My head says, "what the f**k are you talking about"!!

Get well soon to those with Covid. I'm watching from home tonight so won't be spreading my cold around.

Strangely I am more optimistic than the last few games. We don't have the creative ability to open up sides that defend and hope to hit us on the break. Portsmouth will attack and this might (I repeat might) give us a chance.

Still reckon we will lose though.

Don't think so. Reckon mid November will be the crunch date for Robinson
I am coming around to the same conclusion. My hope is that the board are putting their irons into some fires so that when they do sack KR, they've got somebody lined up already.

Portsmouth colours - blue shirts, white shorts, red socks
Oxford colours - yellow shirts, blue shorts, blue socks
So no colour clash

So why are we playing white shirts, white shorts, white socks = colour clash with shorts. Unless we wear blue shorts. In which case may as well wear yellow shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom