Away Match Day Thread 25/10/2022 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
O’Donkor. Against Portsmouth away. You shouldn’t have to be put in that situation but prove me wrong son.

Putting G'oD up front just confirms that out recruitment has been beyond shoddy again this year. I hope he scores the winner today but it still wouldn't be enough for me to excuse KR for his mistskes.

O Donkor will need to be strong in possession tonight. Centre-Backs will try and out muscle him - Shove him off the ball and block him off.

No way should a 18 year old be starting up front for us given our position. Nothing against him but it's way too much pressure.
He hasn't been training with the first team since being hooked after running the ball out of play in the game against Burton
Fingers crossed for him
A baptism of fire

I’ve got about as much confidence in that squad selection as I did Liz Truss becoming PM

No way should a 18 year old be starting up front for us given our position. Nothing against him but it's way too much pressure.
It’s got a League 2 feel to that team. Robinson is reaping his poor recruitment now

You wonder what instructions Danny Cowley will be giving to his players
I suspect we can all have a reasonable guess

We are not expecting much so actually works in O'donkors favour pressure wise I'd say .
More concerned with the strength of the midfield if I'm honest .
18 really isn't too young

I’m pleased O’Donkor is being given a chance, it’s a tough ask for the young man but the real alternatives were Joseph or Browne.

Joseph isn’t going to hold the ball up, but will help out on the right hand side when Bodin goes ‘missing’ I guess.
KR is never going to start Jones, so Browne has to play as the left side wide forward.

Personally I‘d have started Gorrin in central defensive midfield with McGuane further forward and Bodin on the bench.

KR on starting O’Donkor this evening: “He’s been training really well, the power he possesses is incredible. We could’ve gone with a number of different components today, more senior players, but what we’ve seen in training is the reason why he’s playing”

Right, so why hasn’t he been on the bench before this?

I fully support him starting by the way - I think he’s been very good in the minutes he’s played so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom