Away Match Day Thread 25/10/2022 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
thought they were absolute s**t.
And there it is.

I thought Peterborough were poor as well and we should have beaten Derby, and should have come away with a point at Plymouth

If we had last years squad we would be top 4 right now.

Everyone said this year we would find it harder to get promoted. I know we haven’t played Ipswich yet but none of the others are going really well.

If we had replaced the players we lost with players that don’t break down when someone sneezes we would be in a good position

At times looked out of his depth and was slow to react to Browne’s cut back in the first half. Can’t knock him for effort and he held the ball up well but apart from the assist, offered little goal threat. It’s a sad indictment of our transfer business that he even had to start yesterday. Bench yes, starting no.
He was noticeably better and more effective than Taylor has been recently.

Goals, work rate, attitude, no red cards... What more do you want?
And he seems physically robust. He, Brown, and Findlay are really good squad signings, it's a shame we didn't get one like that for midfield too.

Goals, work rate, attitude, no red cards... What more do you want?
I‘d love to see some goals but how many has O’Donkor scored? None yet. Can’t knock his work rate but he doesn’t look a goal threat. Give him time, he’s all we’ve got at the moment.

I‘d love to see some goals but how many has O’Donkor scored? None yet. Can’t knock his work rate but he doesn’t look a goal threat. Give him time, he’s all we’ve got at the moment.
He got a good assist on Tuesday, things like that we give his confidence a great boost.

He got a good assist on Tuesday, things like that we give his confidence a great boost.
I hope you’re right, I really do but @BDJ said he’s better than Taylor in terms of ‘goals, work rate, attitude and no red cards’.
Unless I’ve missed it, he ain’t scored yet.
Fingers crossed he gets off the mark if he plays on Saturday.

I hope you’re right, I really do but @BDJ said he’s better than Taylor in terms of ‘goals, work rate, attitude and no red cards’.
Unless I’ve missed it, he ain’t scored yet.
Fingers crossed he gets off the mark if he plays on Saturday.
To be fair, I was talking about Joseph, not GOD. Soz! 😂

I like the idea of rugby league timekeeping.

Think I’m right in saying it’s the sport where the ball is in play for the highest percentage of time

40 minute halves and independent time keeper
Football could be speeded up if free kicks could be taken anywhere behind where the offence took place,same with throw ins.
Also unless it’s a head injury or obvious serious injury.,the physio go’s on as does the game. As soon as he’s on his feet he continues but no stoppage or rolling subs are allowed.
We saw the other week v Peterborough their players taking ages over throw ins. New rule player nearest the ball takes it
I’ve always thought that once a player picks up the ball, they should have to take the throw. The whole business where someone shapes to take the throw, has a couple of misfires and then chucks it to someone else to take the throw winds me up.

Looks like Mr Portsmouth was banned for this game
Dirty bastard and he thinks he is being picked on….maybe he should read the comments from fellow Pompey fans apart from a very small minority a lot don’t like him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom