Home Match Day Thread +++ 25/08/18 OUFC v Burton Albion match day thread +++

Can't go and lose the midfield battle today. Brannagan needs to take the game by the balls and command the midfield,whilst Hanson needs to stop punting long as Smith/Obika struggle to threaten up there when they've got to bring the ball down 2 touch football at a high tempo would be effective and it'll be nice for there to be 3 or 4 arriving in the box and not just the striker.

Oh and USE the width.

travelling today so wont be listening usually a good omen COYY 3-1!

If Robinson starts Mackie over Whyte and McMahon over Norman then questions need to be asked.

Hoping we have the same team as Tuesday except
Holmes up front instead of Obika
McMahan at left back he can’t do worse than garbage I mean Garbutt or Ruffles
Then Smith on when Holmes runs out of puff

Our set pieces have been dire, especially corners. Im surprised we dont adopt the love train at corners with 4 or 5 different routines. Worked for England and Premiership teams use it, but we dont! Instead we either play short and we look really ineffective. Crap to get 15 corners and not score from any of them. Who is teaching set pieces? Lets hope they improve today

Same team as Tuesday it looks like. Hmm.

EDIT: Sorry, Smith starts over Obika. Otherwise the same.

Hoping we have the same team as Tuesday except
Holmes up front instead of Obika
McMahan at left back he can’t do worse than garbage I mean Garbutt or Ruffles
Then Smith on when Holmes runs out of puff
Holmes is unavailable.

Browne can only do 60 to 65 mins
Holmes can only manage 20 to 25
With the other injured players are we a team of sick notes !!!!!

Pleased to see Holmes fit enough for the bench, and that Norman has retained his place. I thought we might see Garbutt back, in the hope that getting dropped gave him the kick up the butt he needed, but not disappointed that hasn’t happened.

Fingers crossed Smith steps up and proves why we hung around and waited so long for him in the summer.

Think this is going to be another tough one. On current form even a point would be SOMETHING to build on - so going for 1-1 with a late Holmes equaliser to at least leave us feeling positive...

Jerome also mentioning some people thinking KR will walk away f we lose this and Sunderland. His comments seemed odd where he said everyone should lay all the bame entirely at his feet (seemed to be almost goading a sacking) and he even focussed on the crap start by saying "4 games, 4 losses, 0 points - its not good enough". Maybe he isnt very clever but surely you dont need to mention the results. He talks bollox most of the time though so cant read too much into it but I just get a feeling hes struggling to get the team to buy in to his style and feels he is losing/has lost the dressing room. Purely instinctive feeling. Hopefully not and that he can pick a team today who gel together who grab a hatful and go on a run. COYY

Come on lads, you can do this. A win today will get us on the board and send everyone home happy. Its not where we start but where we finish.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Good afternoon folks. It's pouring down here in Flatland but the Yellow Sun is shining in my heart. A win today to get our season under way is on the cards 3-1 for the mighty Yellows.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

If you weren't depressed before you turned on radox..you sure are now!!

I actually like the idea of keeping the same team (apart from the striker). In theory everyone knows what they should be doing, the unit comes closer together and the mistakes get eliminated.

In theory, of course!

Very strong on paper. Ruffs needs some support though so Branagan has to protect him and track back, with another midfielder. If we cant do that, then we need to play a sweeper and then commit one of the centre backs

Lets start off with some good news. OUFC's U18s won 3-0 at Swindon this morning.

Sounds like iFollow have got the balance between RadOx and the crowd right. At the moment.

Back
Top Bottom