Home Match Day Thread +++ 25/08/18 OUFC v Burton Albion match day thread +++

2-1 Henry and a thunder bolt missile penalty from Mousinho.

Whilst Burton are one of the relegated Championship teams, they don't seem to have adjusted to L1 life as quickly as Barnsley or Sunderland. KR will be desperate to get a point on the board as, based on current form, the Mackams will win by a cricket score in the next game.

I'm plumping for 1-1, and hoping to see an upturn in the team's ability to defend.

Aug BH weekend = low crowd

current form = low crowd

not many there to witness first league point of the season in a scrappy 1-1 draw

a result that marks an upturn in performances and results

Can we keep a clean sheet. Do we have the firepower to even this out up front.
No and yes for me, so a rather unconvincing but much needed 2-1 for us.
Then we go and win at Sunderland (hey a guy can dream, right?)

A bit early this thread. After Tuesday I would go for another 0-2 to the visiting side

Yes but he did ask permission to start early. Yellow1 gave some very good reasons that I found hard to ignore so I gave him permission to start 1 day earlier that normal.

This will not be the norm, next MDT will be one day before the match as usual.

Is it 20 or 21 competitive games now that Obika has failed to score? Surely that can’t go on much longer? That’s half a season despite him being our most advanced player. Incredible. Enough is enough Jonathan. 3-1 Obika x 2 and Whyte

Last edited:
Aug BH weekend = low crowd

current form = low crowd

not many there to witness first league point of the season in a scrappy 1-1 draw

a result that marks an upturn in performances and results

“Oh I do like to be beside the seaside...”?

Mitchell
Norman Dickie Mous Garbutt
Brannagan Hanson
Whyte Henry Browne
Smith

1-0, Henry 6', followed by 84 mins of sh*thousery. COYY
then two Burton goals in stoppage time (one of which will probably be an OG)

Back
Top Bottom