Away Match Day Thread +++ 02/02/2019 Burton Albion v OUFC match day thread +++

I think if burton hadn’t gone down to ten men we would have won the game, before the sending off our pace was giving their defence problems. When teams sit back it can be very difficult play your way through, so I think maybe at least the last quarter of the match we should have tried getting the ball in the box early a bit more just to give them something different to think about and see what dropped.
I thought Jerome Sinclair showed enough to suggest he could be a handful for league one defences in the coming weeks.

COYY

He had every right but not with two feet off the ground and studs up!

Inexplicably it hasn't made the highlights reel, so will have to await the extended highlights to make an informed comment. You are of course quite correct, but then if I'm right in remembering that Easty definitely goes hands first - then that surely meets all the criteria for a professional foul. Send both off and give an indirect free kick to Burton?

Game reminded me of "one of them" from the Appleton days. Dominated but just couldn't convert that chance. These games happen to all teams, unfortunately with our precarious position in the table it is games we really can't afford at the moment.

Last edited:
Inexplicably it hasn't made the highlights reel, so will have to await the extended highlights to make an informed comment. You are of course quite correct, but then if I'm right in remembering that Easty definitely goes hands first - then that surely meets all the criteria for a professional foul. Send both off and give an indirect free kick to Burton?

It was in the box? Easty is our goalie btw ?

Is that another of admitting "Oh yeah....I forgot it was a backpass....:censored:"....?

Not sure on the ruling of a goalie going for it with his hands but being kicked first before actually having in his hands but yes if you like ?

Sorry, pitiful excuse that coco would come out with. Is the attitude other sides would take?
Don't forget the nugget he came out with about the pitch being narrow.
Simply Burton knew, as other sides have done, we have one 2d style of football that kr has us playing. Even with 10 men they stifled us superbly.
Play crab football along the back, then look for Graham or Whyte down the flanks. kr has no plan B
Things will follow the same pattern, with the odd win thrown in until we are relegated, or until someone else is brought in with fresh ideas, doing away with the stale way kr has us playing. His interviews are the same thing repeated week after week.
We had xxxx possession, we had xxxx chances, we had xxxx corners, it all counts for nothing unless you score.
Yep we had corners, but how many actually got past the first man.
Yep we had the possession, passing the ball fruitlessly between the back 4.
Jonte talked a good game, and seems hungry to play. Why not put him on the bench next week?
Sinclair had a good first half, but was neutralised when Mackie came on, and the team reverted to type.
The shots we did have on target would have got points at Twickenham, but ffs hit the target.
Sunderland next week, god help us, unless the team that played against Pompey turn up.

This is merely rambling drivel because you are in a strop because your football team didn't win.

You also seen to have conveniently forgotten about the fact we put 2 in against Fleetwood, Portsmouth and Barnsley. A mixture of some of the better and best defences in our league.

It was a backpass btw ?
Why you making a big deal out of it? That's football. You need a bit of luck and we got it in a season where we have had more controversial decision go against us then in our favour.

We were much the better side today. All game.

But hitting the back of the net is what it’s all about. Our front play was ultimately blunt.

I reckon we will beat Sunderland though. They are no great shakes .

As someone who clearly went, and whose opinion I value if not always in agreement, be interested on your thoughts on the new guy.

You said in an earlier post he started well but faded. So some good technical skill but not 100% match fit yet?

On first impressions what were his strengths and weaknesses?

Why you making a big deal out of it? That's football. You need a bit of luck and we got it in a season where we have had more controversial decision go against us then in our favour.

Who's making a big deal?

Merely respectfully opposing an opinion that said we were unlucky not to be up against 9 men.

My opinion being - no, we were bloody lucky not to be one down due to a horrific backpass.

As someone who clearly went, and whose opinion I value if not always in agreement, be interested on your thoughts on the new guy.

You said in an earlier post he started well but faded. So some good technical skill but not 100% match fit yet?

On first impressions what were his strengths and weaknesses?
I think he has potential. Is fast and direct. Pity he missed out on a goal as his confidence would have soared. Will score goals for us.

Well I guess we need to give him a run in the team and a fair chance to prove himself.
Sinclair showed up well in first 20 minutes. Very quick and mobile.

One chance which he blew. Badly.

Thereafter totally anonymous. Really quite disappointing.

Thought he had a good first 45, his running off the ball, movement etc was really good. His pace scared the living daylights out of the Burton defence but after the break with Mackie taking up some of the forward space meant less for Sinclair to move into.

Back
Top Bottom