Current Player #23 Josh Murphy

This could be our best signing since Kemar Roofe, Josh obviously has talent, he has pace, trickery, an eye for a goal and if his head is back on the game as it was 3 or 4 years ago we have got us one hell of a gem here.
Welcome to our club Josh, our supporters are going to love you.......!

Great signing. Well done to all who made it happen. Exciting progress being made just in time.

Absolutely baffled that the mods (who I have great respect for) have edited my post and removed a paragraph.

Given the nature of so many posts on here (that deserve removing), think it’s pretty reasonable to mention how pitiful and painful the petty squabbling has been from both sides of the spectrum and how much it drags down the forum for the grown ups

Absolutely baffled that the mods (who I have great respect for) have edited my post and removed a paragraph.

Given the nature of so many posts on here (that deserve removing), think it’s pretty reasonable to mention how pitiful and painful the petty squabbling has been from both sides of the spectrum and how much it drags down the forum for the grown ups
Yeah totally agree as my post has been edited as well, bit strange.

Does one of the moderators want to comment on the apparent censoring of the posts made by @Ricky Otto and @Cass63 as I find it quite strange?

There's plenty of rubbish on here that seems to pass through unfiltered, and I wouldn't put either poster high on the list of those likely to be offensive, so it seems very odd. It makes me wonder how many other times this happens, and we're none the wiser as the poster in question doesn't mention it. Are we all reading what we think is an uncensored forum, when in fact all the time it's edited?

Does one of the moderators want to comment on the apparent censoring of the posts made by @Ricky Otto and @Cass63 as I find it quite strange?

There's plenty of rubbish on here that seems to pass through unfiltered, and I wouldn't put either poster high on the list of those likely to be offensive, so it seems very odd. It makes me wonder how many other times this happens, and we're none the wiser as the poster in question doesn't mention it. Are we all reading what we think is an uncensored forum, when in fact all the time it's edited?
I can't answer as to why the posts were amended, but I can see from the original versions what was taken out, the comments were removed as they weren't relevant to this thread, but were commenting on the arguments in the transfer thread.

I would presume the thought was by making small edits it may stop this thread becoming derailed by the problems in the transfer thread.

The editing of posts is very rarely done. Speaking for myself, the only edits I tend to make are fixing incorrect formatting, editing a user post for content would be extremely rare.

I can't answer as to why the posts were amended, but I can see from the original versions what was taken out, the comments were removed as they weren't relevant to this thread, but were commenting on the arguments in the transfer thread.

I would presume the thought was by making small edits it may stop this thread becoming derailed by the problems in the transfer thread.

The editing of posts is very rarely done. Speaking for myself, the only edits I tend to make are fixing incorrect formatting, editing a user post for content would be extremely rare.
Thanks for the reply Steve, it's appreciated, although it would be good to hear from whoever did make the edits.

I can't say I'm particularly comfortable, though, with the thought process behind it. Abuse, discrimination, yeah fine, delete it. But just because it might take a thread off topic, in the eyes of the moderator? That seems way over the top, and contradictory to the whole free flowing nature of forums, and the ability of people to respond to each other in a free and open way. If people feel their comments are going to be edited, it won't be long before they stop posting.

I know that I occasionally deliberate massively on the exact composition of what I write, so as to get the impact and context right, in order to make my point (or correct someone else's) concisely and accurately. If it's then going to get edited I might wonder why I bothered? Or will this post get edited as it's seen as derailing the thread???!!!

Thanks for the reply Steve, it's appreciated, although it would be good to hear from whoever did make the edits.

I can't say I'm particularly comfortable, though, with the thought process behind it. Abuse, discrimination, yeah fine, delete it. But just because it might take a thread off topic, in the eyes of the moderator? That seems way over the top, and contradictory to the whole free flowing nature of forums, and the ability of people to respond to each other in a free and open way. If people feel their comments are going to be edited, it won't be long before they stop posting.

I know that I occasionally deliberate massively on the exact composition of what I write, so as to get the impact and context right, in order to make my point (or correct someone else's) concisely and accurately. If it's then going to get edited I might wonder why I bothered? Or will this post get edited as it's seen as derailing the thread???!!!
Especially as my post said exactly that. 🤣

Given I’m not anonymous I can’t usually give names even if I do have them - and while sometimes I do know names, sometimes I simply don’t and won’t pretend otherwise, plus there are plenty of posters on here who are far better value for that stuff - but I can very much vouch for the fact that there are still a good few players to come (in theory) and that there is very good money to spend on securing them. Although a couple may also leave, albeit on loan in some cases)

If we had an extra body behind the scenes we would be absolutely flying and would be landing even bigger and better targets, but hopefully it’s pretty clear at this point that the owners are serious. There is a marked difference in the type of player being recruited currently, too. Much more “ready to compete in the here and now” in terms of age and experience. Top six at an absolute minimum is what is expected. We are very fortunate to have such strong backers and everyone should have expectations that this season could be really exciting.

Buzzing for the weekend!

1658914290359.png

I
I think you're overstating this. Most people here are broadly positive about Robinson (see the poll) but that doesn't mean they can't see his flaws, or are massively tribal about him. It's just annoying seeing three or four people who are relentlessly negative and give no credit for any of the good things - in fact a couple seem to have vanished now we've started making some promising signings.

I think you're overstating this. Most people here are broadly positive about Robinson (see the poll) but that doesn't mean they can't see his flaws, or are massively tribal about him. It's just annoying seeing three or four people who are relentlessly negative and give no credit for any of the good things - in fact a couple seem to have vanished now we've started making some promising signings.
More than a handful are more concerned with the leader than the state of the nation, and just one being that way is too many. A silly little meme provoking any sort of reaction probably suggests it’s hit on something.

Now talk about Josh Murphy or I’m going to report you for spamming. I think he’s lovely.

More than a handful are more concerned with the leader than the state of the nation, and just one being that way is too many. A silly little meme provoking any sort of reaction probably suggests it’s hit on something.

Now talk about Josh Murphy or I’m going to report you for spamming. I think he’s lovely.
I think hes lovely too! His signing made this board happy for about a day, but now gloom and bickering seem to be returning :-(

Back
Top Bottom