Current Player #23 Josh Murphy

A truly eye watering transfer between signing fees and wages. The value of the deal across two years is something else for the club.

Any remaining opinions that “plucky Oxford” are lucky to be chasing the playoffs at this level, and that we can’t compete with X, Y or Z can be placed firmly on the nearest bonfire. And there’s still plenty left in the pot, as has been said for many months.

The board is not messing about. It wants promotion and it wants it this season.

Good luck, Josh.

Great to get the Murphy deal over the line. When asked 'why Oxford?' in his interview, he said it was ultimately down to manager.

I thought KR was the reason we weren't able to get any of our deals finalised?

Good point new poster with two posts to their name, who joined the forum the day after KR was appointed and as such probably has absolutely no relationship or connection with or to KR.

1658848365081.png

I never said we wouldn't make any signings I said they wouldn't come as soon as some thought. Time for us all to move on now?
Ha, it's time to move on now is it? I wonder why?

We were all here, watching people every day tell you to be patient. That the signings would come. That the window wasn't over. That the window wasn't a disaster.

Now he wants to move on? You couldn't make it up.

We were all here, watching people every day tell you to be patient. That the signings would come. That the window wasn't over. That the window wasn't a disaster.

This pettyness is pointless. My gripe was never that there would be no transfers but worry we had left it late. It IS time to move on now as we all support the same football team and it's boring for people to read.

On paper an outstanding signing. The key is KR and the coaching staff bringing out his full potential. If they can, he should absolutely smash L1!
Is this what we really want though? Say he smashes league one, he will be off at Christmas. I would say we should focus on players that may stay with us longer term. We will have a more settled and gelled squad that way.

Excellent! Well done all involved.
Swoon GIFs | Tenor

This pettyness is pointless. My gripe was never that there would be no transfers but worry we had left it late. It IS time to move on now as we all support the same football team and it's boring for people to read.

hahahahaha oh my god

Well you repeatedly said it was a disaster, we'd get relegated, Karl should be sacked, etc etc. But it was a bit boring waiting for things to happen.
Let's be honest, it was a little more than bemoaning the pace of signings - it was, as you say, doom, gloom and dire predictions. None of us know what is going to happen and we were watching nervously but always better to let things pan out and see what the season brings.

I'm sure WY was taking a break until after the Cambridge game - someone a little more positive must have hacked the account.

A truly eye watering transfer between signing fees and wages. The value of the deal across two years is something else for the club.

Any remaining opinions that “plucky Oxford” are lucky to be chasing the playoffs at this level, and that we can’t compete with X, Y or Z can be placed firmly on the nearest bonfire. And there’s still plenty left in the pot, as has been said for many months.

Good luck, Josh.
'..still plenty left in the pot..."

Really?! Exciting times if true and spent wisely. Who else can we expect?

He is Boris Johnson and I claim my £10

Good luck, Josh.
Presumably we can sell for a good profit in a year or so too

'..still plenty left in the pot..."

Really?! Exciting times if true and spent wisely. Who else can we expect?
Given I’m not anonymous I can’t usually give names even if I do have them - and while sometimes I do know names, sometimes I simply don’t and won’t pretend otherwise, plus there are plenty of posters on here who are far better value for that stuff - but I can very much vouch for the fact that there are still a good few players to come (in theory) and that there is very good money to spend on securing them. Although a couple may also leave, albeit on loan in some cases)

If we had an extra body behind the scenes we would be absolutely flying and would be landing even bigger and better targets, but hopefully it’s pretty clear at this point that the owners are serious. There is a marked difference in the type of player being recruited currently, too. Much more “ready to compete in the here and now” in terms of age and experience. Top six at an absolute minimum is what is expected. We are very fortunate to have such strong backers and everyone should have expectations that this season could be really exciting.

Buzzing for the weekend!

Is this what we really want though? Say he smashes league one, he will be off at Christmas. I would say we should focus on players that may stay with us longer term. We will have a more settled and gelled squad that way.
No-one is going to stay if they completely smash it from previous form but unless there is a Tariq Fosu situation then it shouldn't be a worry. The ones who stay everyone is saying they aren't up to L1+ so you can't have it all all the time

Absolutely terrific signing and another one for the here and now. Absolutely no excuse for finishing outside the top 6 this season, especially as we seem to be after some more and have the budget to do it as well.

Well done to Robbo and the board on this one, onwards and upwards.

Let's be honest, it was a little more than bemoaning the pace of signings - it was, as you say, doom, gloom and dire predictions. None of us know what is going to happen and we were watching nervously but always better to let things pan out and see what the season brings.

I'm sure WY was taking a break until after the Cambridge game - someone a little more positive must have hacked the account.
Ron, do me a favour, but let's just ignore each other, eh? We clearly always rub each other the wrong way and disagree with almost anything the other one says.

I didn't want to go into this but I feel forced to now by other posters. I still feel we got the window wrong early, and that has led to us paying out huge money to secure deals to appease the starved fanbase. We have finally realised we have to spend, despite the fact some posters on here early on telling us that doing so would risk financial ruin for the club. If you want the truth about how this window has gone listen to people like Ryanio. This window has turned into what looks like exciting risk-taking and I'm all for it, nowhere for KR to hide now.

That's all I'm going to say on it. I came back because a user said not to take a break over PM, but I'm more than happy to. I've realised my over-negativity was as boring to read as others over-positivity so I've vouched to stop.

But, once again, what are we getting from reading each others posts? Just ignore me and I'll ignore you and it's problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom