Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/10/18 Charlton Athletic v OUFC +++

Was at Argyle vs Gills tonight (not far from me and got free ticket so don't judge me haha). Can't believe what I saw, Argyle were brilliant for a good 65-70 mins. Unrecognizable from our game against them. Very odd but on the flip side Gillingham were pretty awful. This league is so unpredictable.

Fantastic point for us tonight. Keeps the momentum going. Well done yellows

I am wondering how long both Neal Ardley and David Hopkin have got left at AFC Wimbledon and Bradford City respectively.

Not really happy with a point, we need to be getting 3 with our position.

We are reliant on moments of magic as our forward threat is non existent.
A point at Charlton is nearly always an achievement, they are a bigger club than us and normally above us in the league.

I am wondering how long both Neal Ardley and David Hopkin have got left at AFC Wimbledon and Bradford City respectively.
Well Hopkin is Bradfords second manager already.
They are sounding like a Northampton (who had three managers last season)

The next five games(league) are really important. They are all sides in the bottom nine. Three at home, Shrews, Gills and Rochdale, two away Scunny and Bradford. We really should be looking at around 10 points at least from those.

Very good second half tonight and could easily have won it.
The unbeaten run continues.
Roll on Saturday!!!

COYY

The next five games(league) are really important. They are all sides in the bottom nine. Three at home, Shrews, Gills and Rochdale, two away Scunny and Bradford. We really should be looking at around 10 points at least from those.
Good observation. Hadn't realised Scunny had slipped that low, but then seen they're on a 4 game losing run. Shame we're away, as might be a good time to play them at home.

Team really put in a shift tonight; really impressed with work rate and commitment. Another sterling display from Ruffels and Eastwood gives confidence to the back 4 generally. Charlton looked pretty useful - a tough quick young team.

Loved Holmes’s attitude v the hostile crowd.

Up front we never look like we are going to score a scruffy goal- most of our goals are worldies - like Whyte’s tonight.

It ain’t pretty but we’re beginning to progress. I worry about McMahon and what is it with Mr Inconsistent Henry. Loads of ability but he seems to switch off at key moments.

Our fans great - good atmosphere , always a pleasure to visit the Valley. But they do have a drum .. sadly.

Finally - referee Whitestone was a grade 1 homer - very poor.

Good result, more than I was expecting. Win on Saturday and things really start to look healthier.

What a goal as well..

Team really put in a shift tonight; really impressed with work rate and commitment. Another sterling display from Ruffels and Eastwood gives confidence to the back 4 generally. Charlton looked pretty useful - a tough quick young team.

Loved Holmes’s attitude v the hostile crowd.

Up front we never look like we are going to score a scruffy goal- most of our goals are worldies - like Whyte’s tonight.

It ain’t pretty but we’re beginning to progress. I worry about McMahon and what is it with Mr Inconsistent Henry. Loads of ability but he seems to switch off at key moments.

Our fans great - good atmosphere , always a pleasure to visit the Valley. But they do have a drum .. sadly.

Finally - referee Whitestone was a grade 1 homer - very poor.

Watching on tv I thought the ref was generally weak but probably got the big decisions just about right

I've heard a lot this week about systems and formations but the point of difference is confidence. When we got the ball moving quickly tonight it was obvious what a good side we can be. The move that got us going tonight was the quick ball across the back four to Josh. A poor finish over the top but it worried them, got the crowd going and gave our players a glimpse. After that I could only see one winner. An older and wiser Whyte would have squared to Henry and that would have been the three points.

Compare the second half tonight to most of our play this season: ponderous, our players scared to make a mistake. Too many leaving responsibility to the more naturally gifted players, or those with less to lose, terrified of incurring the wrath of our support. The problem is that if we leave things to Holmes, or the insouciant runs of Baptiste and Browne, we are relying on individual genius to win games, and we all know how that ends.

Somehow, to get out of this, we've got to remember it's a team game. Tonight I saw a couple of glimpses. I hope we remember to play with pace again on Saturday - I've got three generations of yellows turning up, some of us in hope, some of us in expectation of a result. COYY.

A summary of the Charlton fans forum we should have had twice as many yellow cards, we were a very poor side, Holmes is a bell end, their no 4 should have been red carded, we should have had someone up close and tight to him to force him into a reaction to be red carded, Oxford were time wasting from the 15th minute, Cullen should have taken one for the team and they wouldn’t have scored, and we committed lots of fouls, finally Mackie should have gone.
Think they’re a little disheartened aw bless their little cotton socks.

A summary of the Charlton fans forum we should have had twice as many yellow cards, we were a very poor side, Holmes is a bell end, their no 4 should have been red carded, we should have had someone up close and tight to him to force him into a reaction to be red carded, Oxford were time wasting from the 15th minute, Cullen should have taken one for the team and they wouldn’t have scored, and we committed lots of fouls, finally Mackie should have gone.
Think they’re a little disheartened aw bless their little cotton socks.

Fook em Bazzer. Deluded softies! Look forward to playing them again next season.

Not really happy with a point, we need to be getting 3 with our position.

We are reliant on moments of magic as our forward threat is non existent.
Christ, imagine if you were a Barnsley fan they just got beat at this Charlton team we should be beating.

Stop being so silly. Any team in this league, sunderland, pomoey, Peterborough etc would be happy with a point at Charlton.

Back
Top Bottom