Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/10/18 Charlton Athletic v OUFC +++

Some fans are so blinkered, constantly moan that we never had a striker with a nasty streak and now we have one he gets moaned at.

I assume you’re not referring to me as “blinkered” and “moaning”

Cos I’m “anxious” and “worried” and have “supported Oxford for far too long”.

And that’s entirely different.

On the Charlton forum they are giving some credit to Robinson for setting up with a game plan and executing it successfully...ironically what he failed to do when at Charlton and has been accused of here.

I wonder if Robinson is starting to accept, like MApp that whilst there is a preferred way of playing, for the squad we currently have we have to be a little more pragmatic.

When KR first came in he sorted the defence and Henry went in to the #10 role. He has now gone back to basics, especially in the backline. Mcmahon has plenty of experience, Ruffels is steady and Mousinho looks to be more comfortable in front of the back 4. Our reliance on the 3 behind the striker is still too heavy...we wont score goals like Whyte's each week, however we did show signs vs Plymouth that we can work better shooting opportunities. Mackie has been a bit of a revelation. Clearly a clever footballer. I love watching him.

Next 4 matches are pretty big, a real opportunity to push on.
I would say the next 5 league games.
Shrews home
Scunny away
Gills home
Bradford away
Rochdale home
All in the bottom 9 and I reckon we should be looking for a minimum of 9/10 points.

I would say the next 5 league games.
Shrews home
Scunny away
Gills home
Bradford away
Rochdale home
All in the bottom 9 and I reckon we should be looking for a minimum of 9/10 points.

Have written a bit up on the 'data bits' thread

Back
Top Bottom