• SUB: Wildschut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Bodin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously the man in charge hasn't seen enough in training .
O'donker played excellent Tuesday...bit of the old Ryan Taylor if you don't score no other aspects if your game are noticed.
Browne no doubt having his injuries managed.
Negativity dripping off of your post
However Ledley King wasn’t great in training
But did it in the game lol

It's a really simple change with Smyth becoming the defensive point of our midfield triangle instead of Browne being the more attacking point (which he'll return to for our remaining games).

As for Smith or Konate, they're simply not showing enough behind the scenes if they're not getting into the squad. Unless we want to go back to the rubbish that anyone not playing must have fallen out with the manager, we may just need to accept that they're not what we need right now.
Smyth has been doing shooting practice with the forwards

Smyth has been doing shooting practice with the forwards
Oh. I was about to post that I thought Smyth's inclusion was a good thing because I think both McGuane and (especially) Brannagan are more effective a bit further forward and it's something I think we needed to try. I still do. If he is going to be used as some sort of attacking midfielder / 10 like Browne, then that's dashed that theory!

Don’t disagree with rotating Browne. It does make our midfield three slightly more defensive/robust, and potentially gets Cam in more influential positions (where Browne has been obscenely wasteful in the last few games).

Easy to forget (since comparably he’s actually had decent availability this season) but Browne also needs to have his game time managed somewhat as his body isn’t really up to relentless, constant 90 minutes twice a week. He’s a great option off the bench if we’re somehow still in it with 10-15 minutes to go

I did think this might be an occasion for 5 at the back today, since I rather fear our defence is a bit static and one-paced for an attack/midfield of Barnsley’s calibre - but faith in Manning as we’ve kept it tight under him thus far.

Have to say I’ve made the long drive hoping for little more than damage control (ie if we’re going to lose then no injuries, keep the goals conceded to a minimum and ideally a commendable performance). But wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could nick something here…….

Smyth inclusion may not necessarily be as an out and out def midfielder.
Maybe needed for presence and ability to get forward with Brannagan from a deeper starting point.

Getting CB forward without letting our arses hang out is the priority for the next four games. Achieve that and we’ll be ok.

This is the game we're least likely to get points out of from the last 4 so anything would be massive for me along with some good results going out way.

Come On You Yellows!

Back
Top Bottom