Tickets 2022/23 season tickets

I've dot counted season tickets before, but found that it doesn't give a particularly accurate figure, as there is usually a discrepancy of several hundred, due to unavailable seats that are not actually sold as season tickets. I'll have a look at some stage, but wouldn't be confident of the accuracy.

As far as how many have actually renewed, I think about 95% of last year's season ticket holders have renewed. It's a pretty stupid situation, as the most the club could have sold at this stage is the same as last year, so they've set themselves up to fail. The real comparison will be how many are sold the day before the season starts, when all of the (hopefully many) new season ticket holders are taken into account.

If this is the case then I’m surprised we haven’t had a

‘we’ve passed 4,000 announcement’ ‘now let’s go past 5,000’

If this is the case then I’m surprised we haven’t had a

‘we’ve passed 4,000 announcement’ ‘now let’s go past 5,000’

We haven't even had a 3000 announcement have we?

Wanted a season ticket for the first time in years - seat I wanted has gone :( pissed off entirely with how the club has launched the tickets

Wanted a season ticket for the first time in years - seat I wanted has gone :( pissed off entirely with how the club has launched the tickets
I'm not a big fan of how they have handled this generally, but I can't see how the club can be responsible for either an existing season ticket holder or someone quicker off the mark than you buying the one seat out of 10,000 that you wanted?

Full story - Trying to buy the one seat next to a mates season ticket who wanted to renew for early bird prices. Wanted to buy earlier but wasn’t allowed / couldn’t hold. Wasn’t available at 13:00 today to purchase - I was available on Tuesday… this is the seat I’ve pretty much sat in all season anyways so know it wasn’t a season ticket. There seems to just be no give with the club and will just cause more admin for the ticket office to move the existing season ticket now…

Full story - Trying to buy the one seat next to a mates season ticket who wanted to renew for early bird prices. Wanted to buy earlier but wasn’t allowed / couldn’t hold. Wasn’t available at 13:00 today to purchase - I was available on Tuesday… this is the seat I’ve pretty much sat in all season anyways so know it wasn’t a season ticket. There seems to just be no give with the club and will just cause more admin for the ticket office to move the existing season ticket now…
Is this the first season your mate has used that seat if not why didn't you get a ST last season as you say you sat in the seat most of the season so would have been cheaper and also guaranteed you the seat this season

That doesn't make sense, if you sat in that seat last season it wasn't a season ticket holders seat so could only be sold at 1pm today. The likelihood of someone buying that exact seat in this time frame has got to be quite slim. Ring the ticket office and see if that seat has actually been sold, sometimes glitches happen on the ticket site.

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing - I live over 100miles from Oxford / miss all evening games but still wanted to commit to a ticket this year

^^^^^^^^^ the sort of customer the club should move heaven and earth to look after.

That doesn't make sense, if you sat in that seat last season it wasn't a season ticket holders seat so could only be sold at 1pm today. The likelihood of someone buying that exact seat in this time frame has got to be quite slim. Ring the ticket office and see if that seat has actually been sold, sometimes glitches happen on the ticket site.

If you renewed your season ticket before the deadline yesterday you were able to move it anywhere within the same stand, providing there was no price difference.

@LJDavis in the highly unlikely event it was me that moved into that seat - sorry.

If you renewed your season ticket before the deadline yesterday you were able to move it anywhere within the same stand, providing there was no price difference.

@LJDavis in the highly unlikely event it was me that moved into that seat - sorry.

Oh yeh, I forgot about that.

I read a post from scotch egg I think a few pages back and just thought - wow I wish my club would do something like that - it was a well thought out post on sales tactics / valuing fans that doesn’t even cost the earth but would improve the goodwill / air 10 fold. Instead there seems to be too much of a rigid structure in place with no thought. Now I will always be an Oxford fan it just so happens I live in deepest darkest Essex - but trying to get my three young kids to support Oxford when they were born within 4/5miles of roots hall does become a challenge!!!

I read a post from scotch egg I think a few pages back and just thought - wow I wish my club would do something like that - it was a well thought out post on sales tactics / valuing fans that doesn’t even cost the earth but would improve the goodwill / air 10 fold. Instead there seems to be too much of a rigid structure in place with no thought. Now I will always be an Oxford fan it just so happens I live in deepest darkest Essex - but trying to get my three young kids to support Oxford when they were born within 4/5miles of roots hall does become a challenge!!!

No reason why you can't get them to support both clubs. After all Southend are 2 leagues below us so no current direct competition. Some of the marketing at the club needs to be improved we all agree, but it doesn't put me off going and neither does it thousands of others. Its annoying we have to have a reserved period for renewals but ultimately if you were in their shoes you would be annoyed if someone stole your seat. My advice would be to ring the ticket office and speak to them ( I was pleasantly surprised how helpful they were last season)

Welcome to the forum and the Scotchegg fan club!

It's frustrating because that is very good and would have been excellent to put out in early May. It shows that we have got the people to make things happen, but maybe they just need a little nudge to do so earlier.
But why?! If people are going to renew, they’ll renew. If first time buyers want to buy, there’s plenty of information available online. If we sell less than last season then there’ll be a need to ask questions about marketing. If.

It's frustrating because that is very good and would have been excellent to put out in early May. It shows that we have got the people to make things happen, but maybe they just need a little nudge to do so earlier.

I still think it makes no sense to wait till the 9th of June for general sale season tickets.

Season tickets should've gone on sale from the 30th of April when we played Doncaster at home.

All season ticket holders seats could’ve been held up until the today (9th June) but no reason why we couldn’t of starting selling the rest of the seats.

We’d of sold far more that way.

Back
Top Bottom