Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question has to be why can’t we attract the players other teams manage but let’s be honest as much a I like KR his transfer dealings haven’t been great with the timing. Yes he has got some decent players in but this is now becoming embarrassing with our transfer activity especially if it’s been alluded a much higher and better budget.

If you flip this on it’s head

we got Sam Winnall who I would suggest at the time of signing 80% of us thought was a good thing

if we get Sinclair I would suggest 80% think it’s a bad thing

Winnall was here for the money and had no real intention of moving up the ladder again
Sinclair is looking to rekindle his career

Question is

Is he worth a punt?

And scored 1 goal across those top flights. In Bulgaria. At this place...

View attachment 9320

Not denying that he was once highly rated or that he could have an impact here. I am (along with others) simply questioning what appears to be a strange move based on his career trajectory and his goal scoring record at any level - and I should be able to do that without being accused of attacking KR or the club - now that is a stretch.

For the record - this is entirely different to the likes of Baldock, Bodin or even Jones. These players - whilst maybe representing a different sort of risk - have all got the track record to varying degrees. Other than a high price tag once upon a time and 1 goal in a League where I would fancy Matty Taylor to score 30+ - I'm not sure what good evidence there is to suggest that Sinclair is going to help OUFC reach The Championship?

In fairness, that fact that you have seemingly retreated into 'he could just be training with us' tells me that you also have concerns and that you are not sold on him - please feel free to express those concerns - it's no crime.

I want the best for OUFC. If that is Jerome Sinclair - I'm open to it.
I don't think it'd be a shock to say I'm not sold on a player who hasn't played football for a year. 😁

If we did sign him, based on his spell with us before and the time since I'd at best see him as an emergency fourth choice striker and bench rotation option as a wide player. But I don't have a problem with the club taking a look at him. That appears to be an issue with some here as it shows 'a lack of ambition and how much of a shambles our transfer dealings have become etc'.

Nice one, i also lived there for over 10 years, also have some property, its stuck in no mans land in Famagusta, but thats another story.
Not seen a game for a while so things may have changed but i thought some of the better teams, Anorthosis, Apoel would do ok in L1.

I believe Anorthosis still ground share with AEK Larnaka. Apoel had a fairy tale champions Lge journey once upon a time, and unbelievably got to the quarter finals, and lost to Real Madrid. I saw the home game and against Lyon. On the whole the standard is very poor. I don’t believe any of them would trouble promotion in Lge 1 if I’m being honest.

I have property in Paralimni, which is in the Ammochostos region.

It’s funny how all us posters think we know best when we know nothing. I know it’s unlikely, but Sinclair could be training like a manic, knocking our defenders about in practice matches, scoring goal after goal and looking like a £4m player again.
I was stunned he’s back too, but let’s see how he goes in the next couple of friendly games.

It’s funny how all us posters think we know best when we know nothing. I know it’s unlikely, but Sinclair could be training like a manic, knocking our defenders about in practice matches, scoring goal after goal and looking like a £4m player again.
I was stunned he’s back too, but let’s see how he goes in the next couple of friendly games.
According to Oxford Mail: Sinclair would have wanted to be more involved despite making some good runs! The striker was replaced at half time!
This was against Banbury Utd!
Sounds more like a £4 striker than a £4m one!

And scored 1 goal across those top flights. In Bulgaria. At this place...

View attachment 9320

Not denying that he was once highly rated or that he could have an impact here. I am (along with others) simply questioning what appears to be a strange move based on his career trajectory and his goal scoring record at any level - and I should be able to do that without being accused of attacking KR or the club - now that is a stretch.

For the record - this is entirely different to the likes of Baldock, Bodin or even Jones. These players - whilst maybe representing a different sort of risk - have all got the track record to varying degrees. Other than a high price tag once upon a time and 1 goal in a League where I would fancy Matty Taylor to score 30+ - I'm not sure what good evidence there is to suggest that Sinclair is going to help OUFC reach The Championship?

In fairness, that fact that you have seemingly retreated into 'he could just be training with us' tells me that you also have concerns and that you are not sold on him - please feel free to express those concerns - it's no crime.

I want the best for OUFC. If that is Jerome Sinclair - I'm open to it.

This bit should be the part that resonates with everybody.

If we have missed our main targets (Nicky Cadden signs for Barnsley today), the messaging from the club has to be realistic. I want us to do our best and finish as high up the league as possible, but we're not getting promoted this season. If Sinclair is being signed for that purpose, we're in a heap of trouble.

Not autos and unlikely playoffs either.

I believe Anorthosis still ground share with AEK Larnaka. Apoel had a fairy tale champions Lge journey once upon a time, and unbelievably got to the quarter finals, and lost to Real Madrid. I saw the home game and against Lyon. On the whole the standard is very poor. I don’t believe any of them would trouble promotion in Lge 1 if I’m being honest.

I have property in Paralimni, which is in the Ammochostos region.

Fig tree bay :)

I worked for a bit in Protaras and Ayia Napa, not far from you.

As for the footy, im trying to imagine Anorthosis v Shrewsbury, Lincoln etc and i think they would do ok.

This bit should be the part that resonates with everybody.

If we have missed our main targets (Nicky Cadden signs for Barnsley today), the messaging from the club has to be realistic. I want us to do our best and finish as high up the league as possible, but we're not getting promoted this season. If Sinclair is being signed for that purpose, we're in a heap of trouble.

Not autos and unlikely playoffs either.
And KR given the P45

Waiting for us to sign players is like waiting for a house sale to go through! Painfully slow, too middle men involved and you always have the threat of getting gazumped. We appear to be getting gazumped on a good few players which shows we don’t have the finances to compete with the bigger boys so we should probably set our sights a bit lower for now and stop wasting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom